• Advertisement

P!nk's "The Truth About Love" Review

Ron

Pink's latest album, The Truth About Love, dropped today and here I am here to inspect each track. :)

1. Are We All We Are - 8/10

This record certainly starts off with a strong start. Are We All We Are is a strong self-empowerment anthem with an addictive beat/melody that's just as in-your-face as past Pink songs, like "Fucking Perfect" "Raise Your Glass" and "So What."

GWqmRGnqYpw

2. Blow Me One Last Kiss - 10/10

A stronger anthem that "Are We All We Are", and one that certainly deserved to be the lead single. An inspiring track (as well as an album highlight), One Last Kiss joins the ranks of So What, Raise Your Glass, Let's Get This Party Started, and various other Pink hits.

3jNlIGDRkvQ

3. Try - 10/10

With an addictive chorus of, "Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame/ Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned/ But just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die/ You've gotta get up and try, try, try," this second single really does capsulate emotion from Pink that once again seems to reference her prior songs.

pPtlSF4TlJE

4. Just Give Me A Reason ft. Nate Ruess - 9/10

The "We Are Young" singer brings something great to this song, and Nate and Pink's voices mesh so fucking well in this song. A lot of fat is cut down to expose both of their raw voices and emotion, which makes for one great ballad. The only reason for me it's not a perfect 10 is because while an amazing tune, it's not addictive; more something you listen to on occasion or in small doses.

Gwx4iTRLXG8

5. True Love ft. Lily Allen - 10/10

Sounding EXACTLY like a Lily Allen hit (which is appropriate, considering Allen is a writer on the song), True Love is bubbly, full of swagger and confidence, and has an instrumental that tastes like cotton candy.

c6vsHF3E9NU

6. How Come You're Not Here - 8/10

A harder track than all prior tracks on the record, How Come You're Not Here is in the same vein as #1 hit "So What." Featuring a confronting chorus, this song feels like leather. However, there are still signs of bubbles; this is supposed to be a badass song, why is she trying to be frilly simultaneously?

o_AQTJ83c-M

7. Slut Like You - 10/10

Shit, this beat is sure to get your foot tapping and your head bobbing back and first. THIS is the kind of badass song I needed from Pink (not the "IM SO TIRED OF BOYS... *five minutes later* I'M IN LOVE! <3" from Taylor Swift, not the "BE URSELF, IMMA SPEAK IN FRENCH FOR NO REASON!" from Lady Gaga, not the "SEX SEX SEX" from Rihanna and Katy Perry, and not the delicate heartbreak of Adele), and she sure as hell delivers. This track also conjures up images of Vegas (at least for me.)

HjU0xAZbZkA

8. The Truth About Love - 5/10

Sit on down, Pink's gonna give us the deal on love. Honestly, though, the song for which this record is named is less than what I'd expected. Maybe it's fatigue from the fact that it sounds so similar to "True Love." Definitely one of the lesser songs on the album.

HMwm2xwoQjg

9. Beam Me Up - 9/10​

An acoustic ballad reminiscent of "Glitter in the Air" that can be relatable for many people. It's refreshing to have a slower song on the album; a break from the rest of heavy-beat songs.

PFYm9LKsuUo

10. Walk of Shame - 7/10

Expected a bit more from this song; it's certainly loud, but isn't catchy like "Try" "Blow Me One Last Kiss" and "Are We All We Are."

RHR-xny2dOA

11. Here Comes The Weekend ft. Eminem - 10/10

Very addictive, catchy in a party way; sounds like a sequel to "Let's Get This Party Started." This must be a single. I can see it becoming the next "Raise Your Glass."

3rwUaq0ViUw

12. Where Did The Beat Go? - 10/10

Well, this record iswrapping up with a very climactic ending. Where Did The Beat Go? is like its title entails; a somber track that still is an earworm.

SJLGKv761TA

13. The Great Escape - 10/10

Closing with a ballad, The Great Escape is written for a friend of Pink's who contemplated suicide. The Great Escape is considerably more emotional and just overall better than Beam Me Up, ending the record on a high (and hopeful) note.

_Wl5-audkPY

Overall Review: A great album; I'd definitely recommend checking this out. I'm sure one (or more) of these songs will add more hits to Pink's record. Hopefully, Pink continues releasing singles as follows:

1. Blow Me One Last Kiss

2. Try

3. Are We All We Are

4. True Love

5. Here Comes The Weekend

6. Where Did The Beat Go?

That'd be an ideal lineup for me, and I can see all of them charting within the Top 10 on the Hot 100 (and "True Love" and "Are We All We Are" hitting #1).