• Advertisement

General Sports Thread

QuakerPlayer

I know there's already threads devoted to specific sports here but just see this as a thread to chat about sports in general and about what are your favorite sports and so on. For more series discussions about a specific sport please post in an existing thread about that sport or create a thread specifically for it.

Currently I don't play any actual sports (though I do play sport games ).

I LOVE bowling but its been two years since I last bowled . By this summer I'm going to take swimming classes as well join the closest wrestling club(the real stuff not WWE lol) .

I just recently joined a dojo and started taking weekly boxing classes there. Once I learn the fundamentals of boxing as well as save up enough money, I might take classes for the other stuff availible there such as jijitsu.

Also I'm gonna buy a pistol and take lessons on how to use it. This fall I'm gonna get a hunting license so I can finally start hunting for the first time in my life. I'm also gonna start fishing for the first time this summer.

What sports you into? :D

I played football in high school for like a season and a half but I was kicked out during my second year due to bad grades. Tried out for a semi-pro team about a year or two ago but I didn't make the cut for God knows why. Just started taking Wing Chun but I haven't attended a class for like three weeks. Took Karate when I was like 6 for a good two years beforehand. Other than that, I have a friend who fights MMA for a local promotion here and once in a while he calls me up to help him train at the gym. I absolutely love paintball if that counts. Only went out spearfishing a handful of times but it's dang fun. I only wish I was a better swimmer.