• Advertisement

The Fairly Oddparents Live Action TV Movie

70s

Watched it today, and I actually liked it a lot, despite it seems the movie has little continuity to the series. I liked that even though it was live action they still kept that cartoony feeling. I think they did a really good job casting these characters (I agree about Tooty, though, personality wise too, she was more like a random girl there) Crocker was hysterical, and I love Timmy's mom and dad too (they put the original voices in, right? Cuz they sounded perfect)

There are some things that are left unanswered, tho. Like, where's Vicky? What happened to Timmy liking Trixie? And what happened to Timmy's kids getting Cosmo and Wanda?

Other than that, great movie. A-

Watched it today, and I actually liked it a lot, despite it seems the movie has little continuity to the series. I liked that even though it was live action they still kept that cartoony feeling. I think they did a really good job casting these characters (I agree about Tooty, though, personality wise too, she was more like a random girl there) Crocker was hysterical, and I love Timmy's mom and dad too (they put the original voices in, right? Cuz they sounded perfect)

There are some things that are left unanswered, tho. Like, where's Vicky? What happened to Timmy liking Trixie? And what happened to Timmy's kids getting Cosmo and Wanda?

Other than that, great movie. A-

Ah, you must have seen the edited version.

In the original, Vicky is in it and so is Chester and AJ. They cut some footage for future airings of the special so that they can fit it in a hour. The original was about a hour and fifteen minutes.

I saw it online, and it actually turned out better than I thought it would be. I thought it went a little over-the-top at times, but was pretty good for a live-action FOP. I especially liked the guy who played Crocker and his spasms were really entertaining. I wasn't so sure about Vicky, her shouting wasn't as impressive as it is in the cartoon. And I also didn't like that they made Tootie a tree-hugger, but I did like the romance between her and Timmy as well as the song by Drake Bell and Denielle Monet during the date montage. I kinda liked the villain and his team up with Crocker, but he did get annoying when he became like a kid and nearly killed Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof which I agree was really sad along when they disappeared. As for the ending, I found it to be a little fanfic-ish of the fairy council to decide that Timmy should keep his fairies with Tootie (and possibly Chester and AJ) knowing they exist since fairies are supposed to be secret to everybody except godkids (though I do like that it kinda makes it a setup for the ending to CC). I also liked Cosmo and Wanda in human form cuz they were pretty funny and as realistic as the animated Cosmo and Wanda are.

All in all, a good movie and good compliment to the animated series.