• Advertisement

The Guitar Lord

70s

S1E1 (1)- Unsuccessfulness is the Worst: Zeus loves having his TV show, he rocks out with the guitar he got from working on that Squidward Tennisball guyÔÇÖs TV show. But his show gets one viewer, and he finds out that itÔÇÖs some creepy forty-year-old guy named Butch who lives in his motherÔÇÖs basement. He tries to advertise at school, but people only spit out their gum into the flyers he gives them, or they roll them into a ball, and toss them into the trashcan, and laugh at him, saying ÔÇ£What a dork.ÔÇØ Zeus feels horrible. Zeus has no friends. None at all. He feels horrible, because no one likes him. He goes to his mother for advice about what to do to get The Guitar Lord more viewers. Brianna, his mother, suggests that he gathers up a band. Zeus doesnÔÇÖt know. He wants his show, The Guitar Lord, to be about him, NOT members of a band. But, when his show gets just one viewer week after week after week, Zeus decides to hold auditions, ending the episode.

S1E2 (2)- Auditions: After Zeus hands out flyers for auditions at school, the reactions are different than when people were throwing them away and spitting gum into them. This time, people read the flyers, and express interest. Zeus feels good. It seems like this is going to work out well. The next day, tons of people show up for auditions. His ears hurt from all of the horrible people auditioning for his band. Then, someone auditions for the part of lead singer, and Zeus is blown away. This person is Amanda. She has the best voice he has ever heard, and it completely matches the kind of voice that he wants for his band. He immediately says ÔÇ£Welcome to the band, Amanda!ÔÇØ and Amanda is really excited. She sits in a chair next to him to help judge the next and final position in the band: the drummer. A boy named Kyle auditions, and blows them away with his solid performance. Right away, he is put into the band, and auditions are over. Together, Zeus, Kyle, and Amanda make a song, and try to sing it, sounding excellent. The song, ÔÇ£MellowÔÇØ is then put onto FishTunes, and does very well. Then, they sing it on The Guitar Lord, and have tons of viewers. Apparently, the show is now a hit!

S1E3 (3)- Totally Evil!: During a rehearsal for a new song, ÔÇ£Love Is a Crazy Thing,ÔÇØ Kyle (whose band name is now Hermes) does something insaneÔǪ he whacks Zeus on the head with his drumstick! He is immediately given the name Hades. Amanda (whose name is now Aphrodite) is shocked. Zeus and Aphrodite tell him ÔÇ£Get out!ÔÇØ and he says ÔÇ£WhateverÔǪ this band sucks anyways.ÔÇØ Zeus and Aphrodite are confused. That night, Zeus called Hades and asks him what happened. Hades says ÔÇ£I hated your band all alongÔǪ I was hoping I could ruin it for you. I was hoping that I could get your airtime.ÔÇØ Zeus immediately hangs up the phone and sighs deeply. He talks to his mother, Brianna, and she says that she had a bad feeling about Hades all along. She says that it was a bad idea to have him in the band, because he was not very good in school, and he was not a ÔÇÿpeople person.ÔÇÖ Then, Zeus and Aphrodite record ÔÇ£Love Is a Crazy ThingÔÇØ without any drums, and it sounds really good. They perform it on the show, and then talk about what happened with Hades. They say that there will be auditions for a new drummer in two weeks.

S1E4 (4)- Replacing Hades: The day for the auditions for a new drummer in the band has arrived. Zeus and Aphrodite hear dreadful performance after dreadful performance. I think my ears are bleeding from all of these terrible drummers Aphrodite says. Zeus agrees. Totally horrible he says, covering his ears during another terrible drummer auditions. They are about to lose hope and shut down the auditions when a boy from their school named Derek walks in. He drums excellently. Just, not quite as good as Hades had when he first auditioned for the band. But Zeus and Aphrodite dont care at all! Aphrodite even rushes up and hugs Derek, causing him to blush a lot. Zeus laughs kind of. Zeus and Aphrodite give Derek the band name of Hermes, just like Hades was named before he went insane. Then, the three of them record a new song, Hades. After recording the song, they decide to put it on FishTunes, and see how many people buy it. Its a hit! Then, Hermes has a great idea for the bands name! The Rockers! The Rockers are born!

S1E5 (5)- The First Musical Performance: Zeus, Aphrodite, and Hermes are very bored one day, and they cannot think of anything to do on the next episode of The Guitar Lord. TheyÔÇÖre also having a very difficult time thinking of a new song. ItÔÇÖs horrible. Then, Brianna has a suggestion. She says that a famous band called The Fishez is in Bikini Bottom, and they should ask them to go on The Guitar Lord. So, Zeus, Aphrodite, and Hermes decide to go to their autograph signing and ask them to sing on The Guitar Lord for them. Thomas, the lead singer and the person who started the band, asks ÔÇ£How much will you pay us, kid?ÔÇØ and Zeus says that they cannot pay themÔǪ theyÔÇÖre freshmen in high school. Thomas rejects them right away. Then, Aphrodite has a great idea, she says ÔÇ£Our show gets tons of viewers, and it will give your band tons of publicity. You can even advertise your new album.ÔÇØ Thomas then has to think about it for a little bit, and then reluctantly accepts to have his band sing on the band. Zeus, Aphrodite, and Hermes have to make a few arrangements so The Fishez will be satisfied with their studio. Three days later, The Fishez perform on The Guitar Lord. There are so many views, itÔÇÖs not even funny, according to Hermes, who usually keeps track of the showÔÇÖs viewers. Then, when Zeus tells the viewers all about the bandÔÇÖs new album, the viewers dropÔǪ and drop. Hermes figures that the viewers just donÔÇÖt want to buy the album, and figure that the good part of the show is over. The next day, Zeus, Aphrodite, and Hermes are visited by SinginÔÇÖ Studios. They are suing them! Apparently, they did not have ÔÇÿpermissionÔÇÖ to mention their new album on The Guitar Lord. Brianna tries to straighten it out, unsuccessfully. But, when The Fishez back Zeus, Aphrodite, and Hermes up, everything is okay. Zeus thanks The Fishez for everything before they leave Bikini Bottom, and he says that they hope that they meet again.

S1E6 (6)- Broken Guitar: After totally rocking out in a guitar solo on an episode of The Guitar Lord, a string on Zeus guitar breaks! He is really upset, and he asks Brianna if it is possible for her to fix it, she tries, and the guitar suddenly completely snaps in half. To this, she says I think that its time to get a new guitar, sweetie and Zeus doesnt know if hes angry with her or not. Obviously, it was an accident, but he isnt sure if it could have been avoided or not. Obviously, it was an accident, but he isnt sure if it could have been avoided or not. The next day, he talks to Aphrodite and Hermes, and neither of them know what do to except to get a new guitar. Zeus goes to Brianna and asks her if she will pay for another guitar. Brianna says that she wishes they could, but she just paid the bills, and at the time, financially, they could not get a guitar. Once again, Zeus goes to talk to Aphrodite and Hermes about it, and they have a great idea. They can have a Save the Guitar! Telethon on The Guitar Lord. So, on the next show, they tell their viewers about the telethon that they will be having in one week. Then, the narrator says ONE WEEK LATER, and then it shows Brianna, Zeus, Aphrodite, and Hermes accepting calls from people who want to donate money to the Save the Guitar! Telethon. They are pretty successful, and then, to keep people watching entertained, Aphrodite starts singing, and Hermes plays his drums. This makes Zeus feel horrible. His band is playing without him. After that night, they see how much money they have, and Zeus crosses his fingers that they made enough to get him a new guitar. Luckily, they did. Zeus, Aphrodite, and Hermes all go to their favorite store, Music 101, and pick out an awesome new guitar, and Hermes gets some awesome new drumsticks. Zeus hopes that he never has to see them perform without him ever again, because it really hurt. Then, they see someone else walk into the store, Hades. He is followed by a girl named Margaret and a boy named Jake. Hades sees Zeus, Aphrodite, and Hermes, and he laughs. He says, Oh, hi. Id like you to meet my new band.

---

That's ALL of the first season of the show. Yeah, short. But, it was cancelled after those six episodes. I'll be bringing it back, though.

FINALLY!

S2E1 (7)- Guess Who's Back: Ever since their encounter with Hades and his new band in Music 101, Zeus and his friends Aphrodite and Hermes have been a bit worried about the future of The Rockers. It had been four months since that incident, and The Rockers were getting steadily popular, but so was Hades's band, The Stoners.

"What. A. Rip-off," Hermes had said when the name of their band had been announced on THEIR public access show, Hades and the Stoners.

Over the next month, The Stoners gained popularity while The Rockers lost popularity, with their sales on FishTunes going down rapidly. Zeus was starting to get totally bummed. That day at school, the head cheerleader, Lindsay, approached Zeus.

"Hey Zeus!" she said.

"What's up, Lindsay?" Zeus asked.

"Well months ago I never would've come to you because... well, you know, you were a complete dork and everything... but now you have a band...."

Oh god! Was Lindsay asking him out? Zeus's heart began to race.

"The cheerleaders are having a boatmobile-wash, and we thought it would attract more attention if The Rockers performed there," Lindsay said. "So could you? I'm sure it would make your band, like, way more popular too, you know? So it's a win-win! You and the band will, right?"

"Of course!" Zeus said excitedly.

"Oh my, god," Lindsay said, and smiled. "The cheerleaders are gonna be SO happy. We love your band so much. All the girls are giant fans."

So over the next few weeks, The Rockers rehearsed like crazy. They started to sound really good, well... better than usual. They were always really good. Zeus's mother Brianna came in and complimented their playing, saying she was so proud of her little boy. The next day, it was time for the boatmobile-wash. They played the song "Love is a Crazy Thing," the one they were rehearsing when Hades (then known as Hermes) had went crazy and left the band. Everyone clapped. Hades and his band walked by, and Zeus just winked at them as Hades scowled and walked away.

~~~

Since that performance, the sales on FishTunes were going up like CRAZY! It seemed like The Rockers were making a name for themselves. Apparently their problems were solved. For now.

---

It's back. Reviews appreciated. Best episode ever, right? 893573.gif

NEW EPISODE!

This one could be the series finale, but I doubt it.

S2E2 (8 )- She Could Be You: The Rockers have been (somewhat) on top for a week now. They've been popular at school, and they've had loads of downloads on FishTunes. They would be dressing in swag clothes and looking amazing, but their parents are making them put the money they earn into a fund for college. Stupid responsible people. Anyways, Zeus is all ready to write a new song. Maybe it could be their biggest hit ever. Who knows?

~~~

One week later-- No ideas for songs. Aphrodite and Hermes are pretty stumped as well. They decide to just rehearse. But that won't work out. Why? We'll have to fast forward again to see that...

~~~

Two weeks after the one week later-- Zeus is sitting on the couch watching TV when Brianna comes in the door, with a man holding her hand.

"Good night, George," she said tenderly.

"Good night, Brianna," George said, and kissed her cheek. He shut the door quietly.

"Did that douche think I couldn't hear him?" Zeus asked.

"Oh... honey..." Brianna said feebly. She swallowed a lump in her throat. This was a predicament that she didn't want to be in. "Well... erm..."

~~~

At rehearsal the next day, Zeus couldn't stop talking about his mother and George.

"I mean, can you believe she's DATING?" he asked. "My dad has been dead for two years and she's already dating. I mean, seriously!"

"Zeus, that's actually a little longer than most people would wait..." Hermes said.

"That can't be true," Zeus said. "It just can't."

"He's right, though," Aphrodite said.

"Whatever," Zeus said. "Let's get to it."

"Maybe we shouldn't," Aphrodite said. "It might be hard for you to perform musically right now. We could write a script for the next show. I mean, it's more than just the music. There's the lighting, the choreography, and the dialogue. The dialogue of the show is important. We need jokes, and things to lighten the mood."

"What would lighten my mood is just singing. Aphrodite, you play the piano. Play it for me. The sheet music is already there."

Zeus then began to sing "She Could Be You" by Shawn Hlookoff (listen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEvxJic0TX4 ). When he was done, he had a single tear go down his cheek. Aphrodite clapped, while Hermes sat there, taken aback.

"You're so much more than the Guitar Lord," Aphrodite said. "That may have been the best you have EVER sounded. It was beautiful, and you had an amazing amount of soul while singing it. It may be worth our time to earn the rights to that song and release it on FishTunes."

"That song isn't very well-known," Hermes said. "It won't be tough to get the rights. I can call right now."

"You guys are missing a key component in this plan," Zeus said.

"What is it?" Aphrodite asked.

"I don't want to sell that!" Zeus said. "I mean, it's kinda emotional."

"You can!" Aphrodite said. "I know you can. You're an amazing singer, and it would be the wrong thing to do - not sharing your gift with the world."

Zeus shook his head adamantly and left, saying, "Rehearsal is over."

~~~

The next night, Zeus was sitting down, crying on the couch.

"Zeus, Aphrodite and Hermes told me about what you did at rehearsal yesterday..." Brianna said when she walked up to him and sat on the couch.

Zeus scooted away.

"I broke up with George," she said.

"Why?" Zeus asked.

"I may be ready to date, but my family always comes first," she said. "And until you're comfortable, I don't date."

"Okay..." Zeus said. "As long as you know it might take a long time for me to be comfortable with all of this."

"I know, I know..." Brianna said lovingly. She hugged her son.

---

I think this show gets better as it goes.

Reviews appreciated. If you're a fan, review. It may keep this show alive, honestly.

Archived