• Advertisement

286a. Hot Crossed Nuts

Jjs Goodman

I think this episode segment was made, mostly as a way to explain just why it usually is NOT a good idea to mix your business relationships with romantic ones. Take Spongebob and Sandy for instance. When Sandy decides to save some money, by bringing in her own food to have with a drink, Spongebob is immediately against this idea (only because he KNOWS that Mr. Krabs frowns against that idea), but when Spongebob (and later Mr. Krabs) try Sandy's BBQ Nuts for themselves, they think it tastes great! So Mr. Krabs hires Sandy to BBQ her nuts for potential, hungry customers. However, the regular Krusty Krab customers aren't willing to go out of their way to try something new. So, Spongebob decides to feed Bubble Bass one. Bubble Bass' endorsement is all it takes to get customers interested in trying Sandy's Nuts, and Sandy finds her recipe succeeding...all too well. Spongebob's usefulness in cooking Krabby Patties eventually gets overshadowed more and more, until Sandy's BBQ smoke becomes SO thick, it eventually pushes him OUT of the Krusty Krab! To add insult to injury, Mr. Krabs throws any remaining Krabby Patties into the garbage, believing them to be USELESS! Thankfully, Sandy realizes how HURT Spongebob is by this development, so in an act of defiance, she WILLFULLY disposes of her remaining nuts via garbage disposal, and REFUSES to make any more! Driven by madness with hunger, the customers decide to EAT the Krusty Krab itself, since the furniture has completely ABSORBED all of the BBQ smoke flavor, only to find out that they don't like the splinters in the wood! When they see Spongebob sadly cooking Krabby Patties for himself, they act like it's a HUGE deal that Krabby Patties don't have any wood splinters in them! Unfortunately for Mr. Krabs, Sandy decides that he can't capitalize on this development, since it was mostly HIS fault that Spongebob FELT bad in the FIRST place! I guess I'd give this episode an 8.1 out of 10, only because I felt like they could've done more with this premise. Enough said, true believers!