• Advertisement

285b. Ride Patrick Ride

Jjs Goodman

All in all, this was a pretty serviceable episode. I think the biggest reason this episode segment was made, was that the writers wanted to apologize to the fans who DIDN'T like the episode "Driven To Tears", and how Patrick was so EASILY able to learn how to drive and get a Driver's License, when Spongebob isn't. It turns out that while Patrick CAN drive a car, he CAN'T ride a bike, which to be honest, is a LOT harder (and a lot MORE work and less efficient) than driving a car. Granted, Spongebob certainly DOES try his best to teach Patrick how to ride a bike. Spongebob even TRIED doing to Patrick what Squidward did to try to teach Spongebob how to run a fancy diner; have Patrick forget EVERYTHING except how to ride a bike (which lowered the score a bit, since he FORGOT his own "Patrick Star Show" family, even though that will probably be a NON-Canon moment; but still...) Spongebob's plan SEEMS to work, until Spongebob tells Patrick to have FUN...which pushes ALL the bike stuff out of the window! I never expected this show to reference "The Twilight Zone" episode, "An Incident At Owl Creek", where they first show what Patrick IMAGINES happened to him, than show what really happened to him! So Patrick decides to settle for the next best thing; having Spongebob ride HIM like a bike! I guess I'd give this episode an 8.5 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!