Episode Rating  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Breaks
    • 4/5 Breaks
    • 3/5 Breaks
    • 2/5 Breaks
    • 1/5 Breaks

Now there's a s12 episode I actually loved. The concept of SpongeBob never taking a break before and taking a breka now kind of felt weird at first, considering he has taken a break in Bummer Vacation. I was also worried this episode would try to be like Bummer Vacation but luckily, it is not the case here. It's more about having small breaks in your job like afternoon breaks and getitng back to your job at the same day. SpongeBob took a 5 minute break just the way the episode's length was and it worked out so well. The episode went into its own direction with SpongeBob trying to have fun at the breakroom and it was consistently entertaining to watch. I loved seeing SpongeBob hanging out with expired food, trying to surf on the chair and having a rock concert that every costumer joined. The episode had great enegry in 5-6 minutes and it worked without ruining the pace. The episode wasn't too funny but I did laugh at the part when SpongeBob cleaned the table and Mr. Krabs went giant and stopped SpongeBob from it and the part at the end with Squidward purposely stuck in the breakroom. I honestly have no complaints whatsoever, this episode was simple and yet it did something incredibly entertaining in its short time.

Grade: A

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I didn't expect this episode to be a short one. I wonder what episodes are supposed to air alongside it. Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. I won't complain how SpongeBob has taken breaks in the show before, but I thought the meta humor in the episode was funny "SpongeBob only takes a 5 minute break every 20 years." I'm glad it didn't go the route of SpongeBob being a workaholic like in past episodes where he's forced to take time off work. I liked the animation on the disco ball SpongeBob made out of aluminum foil and the rest of the episode looked great as well.