• Advertisement

Does Anybody else Remember This?

themanyouknow

I remember two things from two different episodes happening when i was a little kid.

Krusty Krab Training Video:

I don't exactly remember what it was, but I do remember the episode not cutting to a blank screen for a little bit longer. the narrator said more than he does in recent airings. I also remember, that the narrator said, "the secret formula is" rather than "the secret formula i-"

Band Geeks:

I feel like I remember Squidward landing at the very and of the episode instead of just staying midair and the shot fades away.

I do have faint memories of the narrator saying "The secret formula is" instead of "The secret formula i-", which I think Nickelodeon does for longer commercial breaks, but I have been watching Band Geeks ever since it aired and I didn't see anything about Squidward landing at the ending of the episode. I'm pretty sure it was a Freeze Frame Ending, which is common in a lot of endings for cartoon episodes and '80s movies.

Plus, if it ended with Squidward just landing at the end, it would just be weird.

• Like 1

I can understand the reasoning behind your first claim, but I just went back through various clips of the ending (and one full DVD rip of the episode) and all of them ended with the line "the secret formula i-".

Band Geeks ended with a freeze frame that faded to black. There was never a shot of Squidward landing.

Guest hilaryfan80

I think you have some false memories. Wouldn't it have been nice if those episodes ended not so abruptly? Sadly, that's not the case.

The "Krusty Krab Training Video" video always ended with "The secret formula i-", and "Band Geeks" always has ended with Squidward freezing mid-air.

Now if you want edited episodes, look into the "Just One Bite" and "SquidBob TentaclePants" episodes. ^_^