• Advertisement

Footloose and Fancy-Free Samples

101 Dalmatian Street

New post because of an update. Please take notice of the poll that you guys are seeing now. Because I can't decide which of those 13 that I should cover up for my next retrospective review, I'm going to allow you guys to pick.

Simple as it is, the one with the most votes is the year that I'm going to review. Exceptions include 1997, which I already reviewed, 1996, 1999, 2006, and 2010 because Wumbo and Claps already did those, so I'm hesitant and not tempted for those years. While 1989 and 1990 pioneer the success of sampled music on the charts, those will not count due to lack of sampled track material. 2000 on the other hand does not count for the same cause for 1989 and 1990.

Because I'm planning on doing the countdown sooner/later, I guess it's safe to say which year I'm covering up even after three votes. Breaking the tie with 1994 with an additional vote is........

Exactly. To make things interesting, I'll be doing this countdown during the 10th anniversary of the Spongebob Squarepants Movie, because why not? Because that sounds pointless? Not on my own terms. Yes, 2004: the year where the public were dropping it like it's hot before 50 Cent introduced us to the Candy Shop and after we were getting crunk in da club. The year where people were still listening to teen angst pioneers Evanescence, Avril Lavigne, and Linkin Park. (and they were good. Shut up.) Also the year when Kelis' milkshake brought out all the boys to the yard....yeah, you guys get the catch.

Track 13. Review 13. Call on Me / Eric Prydz
Original Sample: Valerie / Steve Winwood

Rating: 2.6 out of 5

So, this review series has had a good run, and as soon as I get past the requests I've been given and my upcoming year-end countdown, I'll be done here.

Throughout, I've had some embarrassing moments....

Throughout the song by far, I honestly have really nothing to say for Kanye's choice of lyrics, except for that Biggie Smalls reference, how he talks about being in the same hospital where he died....well guys, I'm already stumped here. What else am I ever going to say, that Kanye West is proving himself worthy as far the song goes? UGH, WHAT AM I SAYING? Next...

then had more....

I actually have no idea if have to agree with some websites saying if Sting is one of many of the worst songwriters, hence why I said I don't really know if it counts the lyrics to "Every Breath You Take." The lyrics on that song is not all bad while I find it odd how Google Search suggestions put Sting behind "worst songwriter."

Obviously I can't trust Google. I said that Sting is considered one of the worst songwriters for a reason, because of what some websties might be saying about his songwriting. I admit that I can't agree to that since I have heard little of his material.

and I might have been questioned on this thread's value and relevance....

….new Footloose & Fancy Free Samples where we’ll go over Kanye’s greatest samples.

Sex:  People read that thread? :laugh:

look, you know the usual saying of how I was stupid then and I'm smarter now?....

I dunno if you're joking or being sarcastic, I don't think I see songs like Heartless and Gold Digger having to do with sampling. Clever catch, though.

before I go on-topic, just to make one thing really clear, I wasn't trying to imply that Kanye West doesn't sample at all during the moment I made that thread, but to be honest, I was just getting more into music, and I did little research on this guy's style and all then.

Having to bring all this up is too embarrassing for me. For now, I'm just gonna live through this, and talk about the next song I've been planning on reviewing for a long while and haven't til' now: "Call on Me."

Before the new song: Can't talk about the single without bringing up the man and song of reason....

It was 2004 and a Swedish DJ named Eric Prydz came out with a single influenced by this hit song from 1988....even though it was released way back in 1982. It was sung by Steve Winwood, not too big on him.

And that should be your daily dose of knowledge during this formerly weekly/biweeky based review thread. Onto the dance track....

The review: You might have known about "Call on Me." You might have known about that really awkward music video where Eric Prydz gets all horny during womens' workout, or you discovered it during an episode of The JonTron Show. What matters is that most people from outside this country are familiar with this song, since Europe tends to really eat up any dance single that hits the airwaves.

And here's how it goes....

Call on me, call on me
Call on me, call on me
Call on me, call on me
Call on me, call on me
Call on me, call on me
Call on me, call on me
Call on me
I'm the same boy I used to be

And that's the song. Review's over.

Okay, so you guys want to see more talk on this, and I'll resume with the music video....

What did I think of it? It only makes my thoughts become more lukewarm. It's one of the worst music videos I've seen. While I have mentioned of how awkward it looks, it's....well, corny, trying so much to look seductive, and doesn't really appeal to me at all. And the same could be said for my thoughts on the song itself.

Now I can break it down:

Was the glass slipper a perfect fit?: "Valerie" is a little bit too much of a classic to be rendered into a dance remix, and Eric Prydz did just that. The production doesn't make it sound any better.

Old vs. new. Which is better?: It's one of those "no contest" moments again. Do I need to bring up how much better "Valerie" is compared to "Call on Me" anymore?

Final thoughts: I'm not saying it's that bad, but this doesn't appeal to me. I can't taste the production, I can't taste the vocals, I can't seem to stand it.

Until next time, I scrape what's left of what I need to review, including my long-delayed 2004 year-end bests/worsts and the requests I keep mentioning.

Let's get this over with....

So, 2004....where was I during that year? For one thing, I wasn't really paying attention to the big hits of that year, except for country, which was the only thing I've been stuck listening to for over 5 years or so. Other than that, I spent most of my time playing Pokemon, watching Spongebob, and everything else on Nickelodeon.

The year 2004 for Billboard pop music is like a mixed bag for me. The good stuff at most is more than just good and most of bad stuff is downright awful. For example, there was a lot of good rap and a lot of bad rap IMO. As usual, I'm going to start off with the top 10 songs I thought were at the bottom of the barrel.

Steel's Top 10 Worst Songs of 2004

10. Walked Outta Heaven / Jagged Edge

Sample used: None

Spoiler

I have a limit when it comes to R&B slow jams. I can pick a song because I feel for the emotional debt and the sexiness while I can turn one down for feeling watered down and having vocals that just don't impress me.

This song is harmless, it's charming....it's cheesy, it's been done before, it sounds like something from Boyz II Men's, New Edition's, 112's, etc. reject pile....yeah, it's on my Top 10 because I can give some reasons why I dislike this song. It's not too bad, and I'm not saying that I hate all R&B songs like this. I've looked into enough 90's R&B hits to feel unsurprised and uninterested in this.

Now, the main reason why I don't like this song is because I find it really boring. Some of the cliche/weak lyrics don't help with my thoughts either:

Everything clearer now the nights is black as, black as its ever been

In other words, the night sky is black.

Scared, just like a child that's lost at seven

Yeah. Sometimes I feel like a child lost in a supermarket when I feel like I walked out of heaven...next:

9. She Will Be Loved / Maroon 5

Spoiler

I can't be too harsh on Jagged Edge, but I wasn't trying to as harsh. I hate Maroon 5's music, but I don't hate them to death. However, this song just makes my skin crawl.

What really gets me to dislike this song is that dog whistle of a chorus. I can't seem to stand listening to that. It also gives me a bit of a reminder towards "Animals," except it isn't much compared to the aforementioned song:

I don't mind spending every day
Out on your corner in the pouring rain

Implying that he's always watching.

I know that goodbye means nothing at all
Comes back and begs me to catch her every time she

...falls. falls

I'm pretty sure I've heard some other songs from 2004 that also had that familiar "catch me when I'm falling" metaphor. Anyways, next single...

8. Turn Me On / Kevin Lyttle

Sample used: All My Love / 112

Spoiler

Does anyone even remember when the public made Kevin Lyttle a thing before everyone instantly stopped paying attention to him? No? I don't blame you guys. But still, this was a big hit way back in 2004?

I find it hard to tolerate Adam Levine's voice, but Kevin Lyttle's voice here drives me a bit crazier than Adam in SHE WIIIIIIILLLLL BE LOOOOOOOOVED. Or in this case, it doesn't turn me on.

In fact, I don't see this working as a dancehall song and more of a regular dance-pop song, unless it's the mix which has more of its share of background vocals. Anyways, that should be enough material for me to rank this at #8, you will not be remembered Kevin Lyttle.

7. Hey Mama / The Black Eyed Peas

Spoiler

Oh wait, there was this. (Don't sue me, Wumbo.)

The Black Eyed Peas did have a song that I liked that year ("Let's Get It Started"), but they also had a song that churns my stomach. Aside from the sound of will.i.am's voice, just take a listen to the lyrics....

We never cease, we never die, no we never decease
We multiply like we mathamatice

Then we drop bombs like we in the middle east

We the big town stumpas, and big sound pumpas
The beat bump bumps in your trunk trunkas
The girlies in the club with the big plump plumpas
And when I'm makin' love, my hip hump humps

This must be the wealthy man's "My Humps." Bottom line, it's a bad Black Eyed Peas song IMO, but I've heard worse. At least I won't be seeing them do dancehall again.

6. Tipsy / J-Kwon

Spoiler

Freaking novelty rap songs. A fairly boring one at that.

Teen drinking is very bad
Yo I got a fake ID though

How old do you think you are? Also, what's the context of saying you got a fake ID in the middle of TEEN DRINKING IS BAD AIGHT?

1, here comes the 2 to the 3 to the 4,
Everybody drunk out on the dance floor,

5, here comes the 6 to the 7 to the 8. Counting isn't always that great.

Baby girl ass jiggle like she want more

Oh great, 2014 flashbacks.

Her eyes got big when she glanced at my jewels,
Expression on her face like she aint got a clue,
And she told me she don't run with a crew,
You know how i do but i guess one gotta do.

How surprising. Step aside guys, he's rich!

3, here comes the 4 to the 5 to the 6,
Self explanatory I ain't gotta say i'm rich

So, um....I heard "Tipsy" happens to be one of Kanye West's favorite songs. I don't understand that, neither do I enjoy this song, especially the awkward breathing. Goodbye J-Kwon, you will be as remembered as Kevin Lyttle, Nina Sky, Eamon, and everyone else from 2004 that time has forgotten.

5. One Thing / Finger Eleven

Spoiler

At least J-Kwon had a personality. No seriously, AT LEAST he did for his song. Finger Eleven too, but before you take a listen to "One Thing" you'd be thinking "Hey, it's that band that did "Paralyzer"!" Well....I feel unimpressed to notice that the same guys who did "Paralyzer" had a hit from this year, and that this is the result.

This is boring. No, rather incredibly hollow. The beat is boring, the voice is boring, the lyrics are boring! And what makes it just as boring is how it raises me questions like...

What wasn't what he planned and what was not that he can? What is the "all" he could've traded away? What is it that he knows? What is it that he does not want to know? Most of all, what is that one thing!? *Sigh*

I get absolutely nothing from listening to that song and I see very little personality from it, but I have it lodged at #5 because....

4. F*** it (I Don't Want You Back) / Eamon

Spoiler

...."One Thing" and Finger Eleven themselves is not Eamon bad. Ugh, that voice and how he sounds when he drops his F-bombs. He does it totally wrong here.

Fuck what I said it don't mean shit now
Fuck the presents might as well throw 'em out
Fuck all those kisses, they didn't mean jack
Fuck you, you hoe, I don't want you back

Play me off, Frankee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eYhziwc7gI

Otherwise, Todd in the Shadows made a good enough impression on this song on his Worst of 2004 video, and I agree with what he's said about it. In a nutshell, those are my thoughts on the song.

3. One Call Away / Chingy featuring J-Weav

Spoiler

Can't do this worst list without a Chingy song. This guy is just so bad. I can't stand listening to his groan tube-like voice. It's worse when he tries to sound sexy/romantic. 'Cause when you hear:

It was weird how we met, huh
She was wit her mom in Bank America
I'm wit my son cashin' the check

It sounds more like....

It was WEIRD HOW we met HUH!?!?

She WAS WIT HER mom in bANK aMERiCA!!!???

i'm wit MY SON CASHIN' the chECK!!

Hearing him do a love song is downright silly on many levels. This would be higher if the lyrics and production were just as bad, but it feels "ehhh...." than "uggghhh..." on those two subjects.

2. Why / Jadakiss featuring Anthony Hamilton

Sample used: Gong / Mandrake

Spoiler

Why? Allow me a better question: why do I have sit through this garbage? When Jadakiss goes politcal, it goes horribly wrong. I'm not too open on some of the content he discusses, but regardless, I can't help but facepalm.

Yo, why is Jadakiss as hard as it gets?

Why is the industry designed to keep the artist in debt?

Stupid questions galore...

Why you ain't stackin' instead of tryin' to be fly?
Why is rattin' at an all time high?
Why are you even alive?

Don't know who you're directing to, but people have been born for a reason.

Why at the bar you ain't take straight shots instead of poppin Crist'?

What about it? You can't control how people drink.

Why would n***** push pounds and powder?
Why did Bush knock down the towers?

Oh great, a conspiracy theorist. Moving on....

Why you around them cowards?

Why Aaliyah have to take that flight?

That tragic accident and 9/11 shouldn't be in-context like that. (Also, R.I.P. Aaliyah)

Why Halle have to let a white man pop her to get a Oscar?
Why Denzel have to be crooked before he took it?

The list goes on and the way he executes those questions just get worse....

Why they ain't give us a cure for AIDS?

BECAUSE, Jadakiss....

Why did Kobe have to hit that raw?
Why he kiss that whore?
Why?

And this is where he kills it. This is where I'm done. This was after the beginning of the song.

Onto my #1 worst. Are you guys ready? I know you are!

MY NUMBER ONE WORST SONG OF- Okay I admit it, it's "Just Lose It."

1. Just Lose It / Eminem

Sample used: U Can't Touch This / MC Hammer

Spoiler

Talk about anti-climatic. What else could my #1 spot be? No other song could be worse than Eminem trying to be comedic. Instead, he acts like he just stopped caring and stopped being talented. Yep, this was definitely not a good year for him.

The best way I can describe this song is lazy, unfunny, and painful to listen to. In fact, this wasn't the only time Eminem went into this route, except he was in D12, was singing badly, and there were admittedly a couple times that I didn't keep a straight face. At most, it was unfunny, but not as unfunny as THIS.

Now everyone report to the dance floor
To the dance floor, to the dance floor
Now everyone report to the dance floor

Alright Stop!.....Pajama time

The pop culture references are there to worsen my thoughts. From the Peewee Herman laugh to dropping Michael Jackson's name, it's bad.

Like TP for my bunghole
And it's cool if you let one go
Nobody's gonna know, who'd hear it?
Give a little poot poot, it's OK!

Worst song of 2004 everybody. If you have any questions on my Top 10 or the runner-ups, feel free to post.

(Dis)honorable mentions:

The Reason / Hoobastank

Move Ya Body / Nina Sky

Freek-a-Leek / Petey Pablo

I Like That / Houston featuring Chingy, Nate Dogg, I-20

Over and Over / Nelly featuring Tim McGraw

Someday / Nickelback

Southside / Lloyd featuring Ashanti

My Band / D12

Holidae In / Chingy featuring Snoop Dogg and Ludacris (my #11)

My "Best of" list is coming soon.

I've finally come close to wrapping things up here before I get started on my next pursuit of reviewing music.

Special: The VERY Late Requests Special

You asked for it, and now I'm finally covering them up for ya'.

Could you review this it's pretty much him rapping over a whole other song with almost no edits

Gz and Hustlas / Snoop Doggy Dogg featuring Nanci Fletcher

Original Sample: Haboglabotribin' / Bernard Wright

Rating: 3 out of 5

The sample sounds deeper to my ears in "Gz and Hustlas," but "almost no edits" is right. It's not entirely useless though. IMO, Snoop does deliver some good rhymes and boasts, which prevents me from hating this. And that's my review, since I intend to keep things brief for these requests.

Try Reviewing "It Was A Good Day" by Ice Cube.

It Was A Good Day / Ice Cube

Original Sample: Footsteps in the Dark / The Isley Brothers

Rating: 5 out of 5

This song was a good song. Seriously though, I think of "It Was A Good Day" as a pretty solid rap song. The rhyming abilities, the storytelling. and the sample goes great with it too. Nothing else to say, really.

based off Hey There Delilah, please and thank you.

MY MCNUGGIES.avi

Original sample: Hey There Delilah / The Plain White T's

Rating: ???WHY!!!??!? out of 5

You sure do find some weird stuff on the internet, Cha. As for the song, I felt a little bit speechless. Regardless, I'll say that this was a complete waste of time. Painful to listen to. Doesn't even deserve that much of a rating.

A bunch of early Three-6 Mafia songs, too. Everything from samples from "Halloween" to "Beavis and Butthead" to "Unsolved Mysteries".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoBP_lBVghE

Esham has a bunch of weird fucking samples too (I think he's the only rap artist to sample Jimi Hendrix's guitar playing). Good stuff, though.

The first link appears to be missing. My guess should right if it's "Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body)" that you were talking about.

Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body) / Three Six Mafia

Original Sample: Halloween theme

Rating: 3.2 out of 5

It's not easy for me to hate on this song because....I kinda find the sampled source clever enough to sound like an acceptable hip hop beat. PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE URR is surely one of my nitpicks and I find the substance matter to be pretty awkward. (The lollipop metaphors, to be more specific) Overall, I just think it's okay.

I'm also just going to do the one song. Honestly, I'm too tired to look into "Body Parts," considering if that was also a request.

Also, this one completely slipped my mind, but "Born Free" by MIA has a sample of Suicide's "Ghost Rider". Usually i'd kill a bitch over someone touching my beloved Suicide, but, MIA's pretty damn good, and so is the song she has sampling it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGLJoXpKo4U

Born Free / M.I.A.

Original sample: Ghost Rider / Suicide

Rating: 3.9 out of 5

M.I.A. is pretty good, I tend to like her music for her unusual/unique style. I think the song is not that bad either. In other words, I totally agree, except that I wouldn't kill if anyone touches Suicide's stuff.

Before I say goodbye to Footloose and Fancy Free Samples....I need to do a review with the thread, one last time....

'Cause finally, we're going to dive right into the best of chart music of 2004:

Steel's Top 10 Best Songs of 2004

10. On Fire / Lloyd Banks (uncredited guest vocals by 50 Cent)

Sample used: The Champ / The Mohawks

Spoiler

IMO, Lloyd Banks was one of those rare rappers from the past decade that managed to deliver. Lloyd's got a fairly good personality, the beat works fine, and most importantly, the song showcases a variety of arguably clever lyrics, I'm a sucker for some of those, like:

26-inch chrome spokes on the Hummer
This heat gon last for the whole summer
Running your bitch faster then the Road Runner
Rocks on my wrist, rolls gold under
Glocks on my hip, those throw thunder

I got a diamond about as clear as water
And I got bread, but I aint spend quarters

These record sales equal more back rubs
Not to mention I bought a pack of clubs

Nothing else for me to say here, expect that I would at least consider it as one of my big guilty pleasures. I don't know if most of you agree or disagree, but I'd say this is worth listening.

9. Dirt Off Your Shoulder / Jay-Z

Spoiler

If you don't think this is good enough to be on my Best list, then you gotta get that dirt off your shoulder. With seriousness, my reasons for putting this on the list goes for the same reasons as #10, except that I wouldn't call this a guilty pleasure and that I'd say this song is exceptionally better. I find some good lyrical quality, but I wouldn't say they're worth mentioning. Now, special mentions goes to the beat most of all, really catchy. Then you got Jay-Z the rapper himself and his energy he puts into this song, most notably some of his boasts. I wouldn't say he's the best rapper, best rapper alive but "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" is a near solid rap song. I find it weird that Linkin Park's "Lying From You" acts as a B-side though...

8. White Flag / Dido

Spoiler

I'll admit this: talking about why this song got onto my list going to be hard since I'm not that much of an open book on Dido and "White Flag." What can I say? I think it's a pretty sufficient pop song. I like the whole metaphors that surround the white flag to describe a relationship, (as the song was originally about Dido's past relationship) namely a ship sinking, even when that's changed around for the protagonist (as the song now suggests) to deny surrender. It's got a pretty good delivery to create a very good song, but like I'm trying to say, I'm not too interested in it.

7. Numb / Linkin Park

Spoiler

SPEAKING OF WHICH....okay, so that was meant for after I reviewed "Dirt Off Your Shoulder," but anyways, this band's also got a song on my countdown. You either love or hate Linkin Park. I like Linkin Park's music, and the band itself serves as a guilty pleasure for me towards the people who can't stand 'em. This is the original non-Jay-Z-collaborative version of "Numb," and it is my all-time favorite Linkin Park song for very good reasons. As usual, the lyrics sound vague, but there's some sort of charm to it which allows people to use their imagination to interpret the meaning of the song. Next, there's Chester Bennington, who displays this sheer raw power with that voice of his to give the song a bunch of thrills. Lastly, there's the creative instrumental pieces. The unfamiliar arrangement of sounds is how I come to really enjoy it. Overall, it is, without a doubt, a Linkin Park song that rocks.

6. Toxic / Britney Spears

Sample used: Tere Mere Beech Mein (partial)

Spoiler

How strange it is to see a Britney Spears song on my list, moreso where I put her higher than Dido, Jay-Z, and Linkin Park. IMO, this is Britney Spears' best song. I'm not sex crazy, but I can see the appeal that Britney tries to attain working here. Also, how can I say no to the catchy violin riffs and those guitar licks....or that falsetto that happens at one point? It all really works for me and I have my regards to give the song this spot.

5. All Falls Down / Kanye West featuring Syleena Johnson

Sample used: Mystery of Iniquity / Lauryn Hill

Spoiler

I love Kanye West's music just like anyone else. Praising this song is also not going to sound as different or easy, since I'm not as good analyzing Kanye's stuff (*cough* Through the Wire review *cough*). Most of my praise goes to Kanye West's rapping skills, as usual, and Syleena Johnson's singing voice to fare with the Lauryn Hill sample, I really gotta love that. Also, AS USUAL, I love Kanye's personality and the lyrics shown in the song. To specify on the lyrics part....:

Man I promise, she's so self conscious
She has no idea what she's doing in college
That major that she majored in don't make no money
But she won't drop out, her parents will look at her funny

She had hair so long that it looked like weave
Then she cut it all off now she look like Eve
And she be dealing with some issues that you can't believe

As good as Kanye West's music is, there's four other songs that I find better. (as well another from the same artist, whoops spoilers....)

4. My Immortal / Evanescence

Spoiler

If there was a singer that was the most capable of conveying raw, pure emotions than most post grunge bands I've listened to in general, there was Amy Lee. Their song "My Immortal" sets the best example. To sum it up, the song proves itself worthy as an emotional power ballad, especially backed up with Amy Lee's strong, talented vocals to perfect the mood. It gets just as good at the most powerful start when the guitars start chiming in. All in all, it's really wonderful song.

3. Overnight Celebrity / Twista featuring Kanye West

Sample used: Cause I Love You / Lenny Williams

Spoiler

Twista is a good rapper too. What do I have to praise about this? That violin playing sounded top notch to me. Oh, and Kanye West's got himself a guest spot here, and he does good. The real deal though....look at some of these lyrics:

You want fame, you can take that path, candle lights when you take a bath
You got such a sensational ass, I'm gonna get you Jimmy Choo and Marc Jacobs bags
I could cop her a tow thousand and three, make her smile when she sees Sprees

Walking the carpet with the diamonds that flick in the dark, kickin' it on the couch and 106 & Park
I can see your beauty on a big screen... I can see me freakin' you with whip cream...
I can see you on stage at the awards, with a dress better then Jennifer's and doin' big things

I could get you into places, to be into the people I know'll show you things to get into
I wanna be your lover and your confidant and protect you from others, don't let another brother pimp you

Listen to those lyrics, listen to that speed, listen to the beat that goes with both! I was amazed when I first heard this song and I loved it enough to place it as my #3.

2. Hey Ya! / Outkast

Spoiler

Can't forget about Outkast either, they were very good as well, and "Hey Ya!" is a solid track from their catalog. I love this song for its upbeat nature, the really catchy chorus beat, all those funky vibes that would make anyone shake it like a Polaroid picture, the part where Andre does the bridge, there's just so much about this song that I adore. The music video, which imitates the Beatles' 1964 performance from the Ed Sullivan Show, even helps to make the song so much fun to listen to.

Well, after seeing this as my #2, what other song could possibly top "Hey Ya!"? I'll tell you soon enough....

Or right now. It's "Jesus Walks."

1. Jesus Walks / Kanye West

Samples used: Walk with Me / ARC Choir, (Don't Worry) If There's Hell Below, We're All Going to Go / Curtis Mayfield

Spoiler

Once again, talk about anti-climatic. Who else could it have been? In fact, choosing whether "Hey Ya!" or "Jesus Walks" was the better song was a tough decision. it takes a lot for anybody to upstage Outkast for what I think was the best. What can I say about this song? In short, the lyrics, Kanye's personality, the samples, it all works so spectacularly! It's solid, flawless, sufficient! It's one of many songs that defines Kanye as one of the best rappers as of current. I loved it from beginning to end and there's no other way for me to sum it all up.

Honorable mentions:

Stand Up / Ludacris featuring Shawnna

Slow Jamz / Twista featuring Kanye West and Jamie Foxx

Breakaway / Kelly Clarkson

Burn / Usher

Are You Gonna Be My Girl? / Jet

Redneck Woman / Gretchen Wilson

Yeah! / Usher featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris

Breaking the Habit / Linkin Park

My Happy Ending / Avril Lavigne

The Way You Move / Outkast featuring Sleepy Brown (my #11)

Any questions or comments, leave them here.