• Advertisement

Later episodes with the best animation

FAS

I know a lot of members on SBMania forums complain about the post-season 5 animation due to being stiffer than seasons 1-5, and this come to my mind. Which of the episodes from seasons 6 and later have outstanding animation? In my opinion, I have several episodes:

-Probably a few specials including Truth or Square

-Sand Castles in the Sand

-Oral Report (to me, it is a little above average season 8's standard animation)

-Mooncation (best season 8 animated episode and for good reason)

-It's a SpongeBob Christmas (stop motion animation obviously)

-Extreme Spots

-Don't Look Now

-And of course, the recently aired episodes, especially Lost in Bikini Bottom

For some reason, I can't find a season 7 episode with great animation. They all look and move the same imo, which is weird because at least one episode every season will have a different animation/art style.

I know a lot of members on SBMania forums complain about the post-season 5 animation due to being stiffer than seasons 1-5, and this come to my mind. Which of the episodes from seasons 6 and later have outstanding animation? In my opinion, I have several episodes:

-Probably a few specials including Truth or Square

-Sand Castles in the Sand

-Oral Report (to me, it is a little above average season 8's standard animation)

-Mooncation (best season 8 animated episode and for good reason)

-It's a SpongeBob Christmas (stop motion animation obviously)

-Extreme Spots

-Don't Look Now

-And of course, the recently aired episodes, especially Lost in Bikini Bottom

For some reason, I can't find a season 7 episode with great animation. They all look and move the same imo, which is weird because at least one episode every season will have a different animation/art style.

Back to the Past, Squidward in Clarinetland, Curse of Bikini Bottom, Earworm, SB's Last Stand; I think those have the best animation that came out in season 7.

Well, I did wrote a few other half-specials, so I'm pretty all of them post season 5 had great animation except SpongeBob, You're Fired cause that episode is a fillerfest.

Yeah, looking back at Whelk Attack, I was kinda impressed by its surrealism so I guess they took a slight animation bump in that one as well.

Whelk Attack, Planet of the Jellyfish, and Truth or Square (for obvious reasons). I also like the style in Toy Store of Doom (looks like it came straight outta Season 4) and Earworm is animated strangely well for some reason. SpongeBob's breakdown had some crazy poses.

• Like 1