• Advertisement

Is post-movie chronologically before pre-movie for the most part?

E.V.I.L.

Well, after hearing AN's theory, I thought about it for myself. When I look at it, it makes perfect sense. For example, in Season 6, Larry does not know SpongeBob (pet or Pests). In Season 7, The Earth Day special, SB refers to Sandy as Sandy Squirrel. Now, maybe the beginning episodes of S1 such as Plankton, Jellyfishing, Help Wanted, etc. are before everything else, but one thing is whether Pet or Pests is before or after Ripped Pants.

Also, you can take their personalities for an example. For the most part, I hope to god, as you grow up, you mature. You don't go in time to dumb down and act like you are 5 years old, you act like a 30 year old maybe with a 5 year old heart. With that formula, it makes sense that Early Season 1 --> Post-Movie --> Pre-Movie makes the most sense, as I feel everyone is a lot more mature in pre-movie.

What are your thoughts. And of course we should credit AN. ;):P

Update: Take King Neptune as another exemplary example. (hah puns) In the series, KN is his bearded, blue form. In the Movie, he takes a different appearence. Mindy is about 16 years old. Considering that info, it is alarge possibilty all the characters are old and SpongeBob is actually moving up while Mr. Krabs retires. It is a bit far-fetched, but it could be possible.

• Like 1

Take into account that the show is based on unrelated episodes which can have different story branches with each other but not necessarily following a sequence. While I believe in some theories about the time that the show takes place in, we cannot judge a story on a single event.