• Advertisement

Ghoul Fools vs. It's A SpongeBob Christmas!

Ron

Ghoul Fools vs. It's A SpongeBob Christmas!  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better Season 8 holiday special?

• Ghoul Fools
    • It's A SpongeBob Christmas!

The two holiday-themed episodes of Season 8, each airing a little over a year from each other.

Ghoul Fools: SpongeBob and Patrick discover a haunted house boat, and end up getting themselves, Mr. Krabs, Squidward, and Sandy in a whole lot of trouble.

It's A SpongeBob Christmas!: Plankton feeds everyone Jerktonium-laced fruitcakes, making all of Bikini Bottom jerks, and it's up to SpongeBob to save the day.

Personally, Ghoul Fools is the much better episode and one of my favorite overall specials of the series, whereas IASBC was lukewarm for me. What do you guys think?

Both are fantastic specials (SpongeBob usually does excel in half hour specials) but I'd say that "Ghoul Fools" was the better special - I'd say it was funnier but "It's A SpongeBob Christmas" is a very creative and sweet episode...

As a side note, tvguy, you gave the Christmas episode a B+, is that really a lukewarm score?

Both are fantastic specials (SpongeBob usually does excel in half hour specials) but I'd say that "Ghoul Fools" was the better special - I'd say it was funnier but "It's A SpongeBob Christmas" is a very creative and sweet episode...

As a side note, tvguy, you gave the Christmas episode a B+, is that really a lukewarm score?

The B+ was really for the animation (which I thought was amazing, and the reason I watched it two times after I originally saw it). Had it been normal animation, I would've definitely given it a C+.

And in comparison to the rest of Season 8 (which were all in the As, at least for me), I'd say it's relatively lukewarm. :P