• Advertisement

And In Other News... Themepark Edition

Macseed

So I'm wondering if I can make this...

I don't think I'm breaking any rules, and I think I'm in the right topic, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, and if you guys want to. Am I allowed?

I guess I'll take my first news story.

Breaking News: Disneyland's Big Thunder Railroad to close for a year

It's a bittersweet time for SoCalifornians. In fall, the 33-year old ride will go under a rehab for a lot of 2013. In this one, not only will the track be replaced (like Space Mountain 9 years before without the foundation replacement), but will include an updated loading area, a new control system, and the "...queue will be prepped for Nextgen additions."

My comment? I'm pretty mixed about it. First off, I wanted to go with my friend to this ride if our school goes to Disneyland. But on the bright side, it might be a different riding experience.

Source: Micechat

More to come next time! This is Maxwell, signing off.

I hope double-posting is allowed for news... I think it's okay, because it's news.

Disaster Transport sends it's last dispatch in Cedar Point.

This is such an old story... but I'll cover it.

On July 29th, Disaster Transport closed down. Unfortunately, the bobsled-style ride (The car is in a trough,) ride will be scrapped (but some of the track and the trains are going to a museum). Disaster Transport, Cedar Point's bobsled, opened up in 1985 as Avalanche Run. But five years later, the ride went through a $4 million dollar renovation into an enclosed ride known as Dispatch Master Transport.I guess the ride was cool, but problems started rising, such as FX started screwing up, and it seemed as if the park just ignored them. Disaster Transport, despite being enclosed, was shut down in the rain due to leaks. Disaster Transport is the second rollercoaster to be dismantled from the park that once had the most rollercoasters in the world, going from 18 to 16. (That record is now owned by Six Flags Magic Mountain.) Disaster Transport was the fastest bobsled at 40 MPH.