• Advertisement

The Thread

Elastic Dawg

It was January 19th, 1961. I was on my way to work.

Then I saw it.

It was the body of a woman. She appeared to have been strangled with a rope, and then hit with a stick.

And then I saw it.

Her throat had been cut with a record. The record, however, was nowhere to be seen.

Despite a thorough investigation, the case was never solved and the killer remains at large.

(Sorry...i'm bored to death.)

New Years Eve, 1973. I should be at a party, but im elsewhere. Investigating a murder. The victim? 22 year old Kelly Robertson. He has been shot once in the chest. No sign of a struggle. The killer must have planned this.

January 13th, 1974. Another body. Same circumstances. This time the victim is a World War II veteran named Charles Gordon. Same type of bullet that killed Kelly Robertson. I speculate that their may be a serial killer on the loose.

August 8th, 1976. Its been over two years with three more victims. James Kenner, Steven Johnson, and Phil Louis. All in their late 20's to early 30's.

February 7th, 1988. They caught the killer. They found his body hanging from a tree. The body was identified as 56 year old John Dabber. DNA tests proved that he was the killer. The police now consider this case closed.

December 31st, 1993. 20 years since the first killing. I can relax now.