• Advertisement

Insanity

Minty Car

New story about a school lockdown drill gone totally wrong, divided into chapters. Here we go:

Prologue: It was just another day at Dingleberry high. Teachers were in the workroom, dreading their first class, students were coming in, bitching about their first class. Basiclly, the way the school system had worked for so many years before, and would work for so many years after. Principle Michael came into the administrative workroom, meeting with the assistant principle Chad.

"Hey Chad, make sure you remind the teachers that today is the lockdown drill day" said Michael.

"I think that they'd remember the one day of the year we do it, but with teachers like Mitterson anything's possible."

"Haha, true. How that waste of a teacher hasn't been fired yet is beyond my powers of recognition." Chad replied.

Chad then sent the reminder email to all of the teachers, including Mitterson. Little did he know that Mitterson was already not going to show up due to alcohol poisoning, a presence missing that would change the course of the school's history. It would be Mitterson's class that would be splattered on the headlines, attacked by the pundits, classified by the historians... and he wouldn't even live to see his own failures unfold before the world.

Chapter 1: Ben gin

On this very day, Ben Ginderson was off to Mr. Mitterson's English 10 class. He hated it really, but he of course had no choice in going or not, so to hell he proceeded. Much of the abuse came from the school couple, Jen and Sam. Jen was a beautiful brunette girl who was the homecoming queen freshman year, and was sure to be elected unanimously again. Sam was her popular boyfriend who played on the JV team, therefore making him better than most of the school in a sense. They picked on him daily since 8th grade, and got popular for it (filthy pigs). Ben, while well liked by a majority, was also disliked by a majority (somehow), and daily life was often hell for him. He felt uncomfortable around girls, was anti-social, and (at times) truly hate life. But somehow he didn't break. He didn't react, he didn't yell, he didn't fight. He kept his cool, and tried his best to maintain an A/B/C average, and was mostly successful, although English was difficult for obvious reasons. And today began like any other day:

"Sup Ben Gin? Still creepin' around them school girls." Jen said

Ben merely sighed, and sat at his desk as Sam poked him repeatedly on his side from his desk. Ben just sat there, like every day, ready to get cheated off of, made fun of just like it had been since 8th grade. All because of her greed for popularity, her need to cover her shallow lifestyle, her-! Suddenly, the class realized that class had been in session for nearly 15 minutes, and Mr. Mitterson was still not there. This was not unusual due to Mr. Mitterson's likely alcoholism. He would daily come in and have trouble spelling his name, and often put on videos that had nothing to do with what they were learning, such as Alice in Wonderland (disney version) while reading TKAMB. But even so, him not showing up at all was unusual. Then the alarm went off.

"OH MY GOD!!!!!" Yelled the class in unison.

And, just like that the day began. A day that would be remembered as "a day in infamy" for Dingleberry High, as it's darkest hour when none would be able to stop the forthcoming madness...

Note: Mr. Mitterson's classroom is in an outdoor trailer behind the school

Chapter 2: A new leader

As the alarm died down, the class began to calm down. Jen soon went for the door, but was shocked when she found that she couldn't open it. Sam soon tried, but to no avail. The class was stuck in the trailer, the hot, burning trailer during a drill. None of them had cell service, and there were no windows. They were inexplicably trapped in the trailer-classroom. Everyone was in a panic'd state of shock, unsure of their next action and where it would take them. Eventually, they came to an agreement to elect a leader of the people. The people that were balloted were:

Ben (advertised as the "brain" of the class)

Jen ("Beauty")

Sam ("Brawn")

Although it was a close ballot, Sam won by two votes over Jen, and Ben who had only gotten five votes total. Sam was then asked to give a brief speech, and he made it quick and brief in it's message:

"Although I appreciate being nominated, and honored to win by your votes, I am afraid that I cannot accept this. I cannot lead you through tempting times, and measures, and therefore I bestow this title upon Ben Ginderson, a good friend of mine who I know can lead you through these trying times"

So without even trying, Ben had become a leader, giving him power. But power is a funny thing: It corrupts even the most pure souls, turning them into the most evil of creatures history can create...

Chapter 3: Discovery

Principle Michael was sipping down his daily shot of whiskey in the administrative workroom, exiting towards his office. He had been strained so hard by his wife's death, he had returned to the bottle as an emotions dealer during the months following her accident. Her accident, their fault, his loss, her death. He sat there recalling the stormy moments as he found out about it from the police.

"I'm sorry Mr. Micheal. The surveyers of the wreckage found your wife's body in the rubble.... with no pulse I'm afraid."

His shock was even more so evidently conveyed by the fact that the whole incident was due not to fault of the passengers, but due to a mechanical failure on the part of the company. The airline company denied this, and controlled such a monopoly on the business that no government could fight it. No lawsuit, no class action, nothing. It could fuck up as bad as it wanted, and no one could stop them. Principle Michael just drank and drank when suddenly-!

"Ring ring! Ring ring!"

It was 911, aka the cops! Michael froze in his tracks for a second, remembering what happened. Maybe they were calling to report on a break in the case, maybe they could prosecute them for Sherry's death!

"Hello?" He said.

"Is this Jerry Michael, principle at Dingleberry High?" the operator responded.

"Why yes this is. Is there something you need to tell me?" Michael responded.

"Is Darryl Mitterson an English 10 teacher at Dingleberry high?" The operator responded.

Michael scoffed for a second before answering.

"Hmph, yes he is? Did he finally get that DUI?" Michael said.

"Mitterson was found dead this morning in his house. A possible suicide note was found, although we are still determining if the note was actually his. But, he is without a doubt dead from alcohol poisoning." The operator explained.

Michael was astonished. Although Mitterson was a terrible counsel, a drunkard, and (in many ways) one of the worst teachers at Dingleberry, he was still astonished that this could happen. After all those days in that rusty apartment, that run down trailer, and abuse from every other teacher in the school, would he really just drink it all away? Then he realized something important!

"Wait, who in the hell is with the first period class this morning!?" Michael yelled at the operator.

This was to no avail, as she had already hung up on him. Michael was now filled with worry and tension. What in the hell is going on in that classroom was all he could think about, and all that he would be able to for a very long time.

Chapter 4: Student 075

Detective Elias Gunderbottom was not in a good mood. He had just gotten tickets to the WWE fight in L.A. that night, and a special jet specificlly for him and his drinking buddies, when his squad recieved the Darryl Mitterson death file. Elias, more commonly known as Edog due to his passion for having frequently used K9 dogs in seeking out drug felons, was head of the suicidal/mysterious deaths squad, and had been a veteran on the force for nearly 15 years, 10 of these being in narcotics. He had been accused of being a heavy heroin user in the past, but was never charged, and merely switched over to prevent investigation into this. Det. Gunderbottom was reading over the case file when his partner, Charlie Hinderburger, walked over.

"Read over the case, sir?" Charlie asked.

"No, I'm on my motherfucking plane to L.A.? Oh wait, I am reading this bullshit!" Elias replied.

"I apologize about this sir, but it's our job to-!" Charlie began before being interrupted.

"Don't give me that bullshit about how we defend the people and all that! I've been on the force longer than you, I should be saying to you dammit!" Elias roared back.

Charlie was silent for a moment, taking in the detective's anger and frustration, and then thinking about poor old Mitterson and how he died.

"So, what are your thoughts on the case sir." Charlie asked, breaking the silence.

"Sounds like shit." Elias responded.

"Isn't every case we take up pretty shitty? I mean, no other cop in the precinct wants to touch a suicide victim." Charlie replied.

"Mitterson lost it, wrote a note detailing what had to be done, said farewell, and died by the bottle. Case solved." Elias explained.

"Have you read over the note yourself sir?" Charlie asked.

"I have not, but it sounds like nothing interesting to me. I'll leave that to the scrubs with no life. Now, can we file the report so I can head to L.A. before the tailgate begins?" Elias said, sounded more irritated than ever.

"Well, since my superior happens to like the work done well, I read over the note 3 times over, and found an interesting detail in it." Charlie explained enthusiasticlly.

Elias shrugged his shoulders, obviously annoyed with Charlie's behavoir, but wished not to have wrongfully solved case, which would give internal affairs more reason to investigate him for his drug use.

"What was the detail that caught your attention, Hinderburger?" Elias said, sounding far more calm.

"Well, Mitterson was an english 10 teacher at Dingleberry high, if I am correct?" Charlie asked.

"That he was." Elias confirmed. "What does that have to do with this detail of yours?"

"Well there was a part of the note that talked about a student of his. Right here" Charlie directed

The detail of the note Charlie pointed out said:

"Student 075, Period 1... He's in trouble, and he doesn't even realize it. I should have filed that goddamn report about him, and those other two... but no, Michael wouldn't let me. He and those others have no respect for me, just because I have an alcohol problem... But that boy, he is going to blow... if I don't come monday, something WILL happen... I can see the pain"

Elias stared at the note carefully, studing it intently.

"What period is in session currently at dingleberry high?" Elias said with a slight overtone of panic in his voice.

"First period.... sir." Charlie replied in a scared, cowardly struggle.

Detectives Gunderbottom and Hinderburger rushed to their squad car immediately, hoping they weren't too late. And to discover student 075's identity!