• Advertisement

From the Abyss

70s

A show that only lived for two episodes. Those two episodes were--

S1E1 (1)- Pilot

S1E2 (2)- A Tub?

It could have gone for at least four seasons, but I didn't feel into it anymore. I may post the two episodes here soon, but don't count on it.

S1E1 (1)- Pilot: I didnÔÇÖt know where I was, or who I was. I had no idea what exactly was happening. My face was looking down at the ground, and I was covered in a peculiar pink goo. I looked up to see nothing but clouds. I was very far down, and I decided that it would be easy for me to merely jump up.

The strange boy had just jumped up very high, all the way up from the bottom of a very deep abyss. He was naked, wearing no clothes at all. One thing visible it that he has a belly button, something that fish do not have, period. He is walking the streets of the city of WaterFalls, where police see him, and ask ÔÇ£Who are you?ÔÇØ repeatedly, a question he canÔÇÖt answer. He canÔÇÖt understand the man, or communicate with him, and he has no idea who he is.

This man seemed hostile. I did not think he was fond of me. He grabbed me by the wrists, and put me into the back of his car. A mother was walking with her young daughter, and quickly covered her daughterÔÇÖs eyes at the sight of me. Was I hated? I didnÔÇÖt know, all I knew was that these metal things he was putting on my wrist really hurt.

The boy was taken to a juvenile detention center. They have a therapist come to see him, since he has an obvious case of amnesia. We are then taken to the therapist, JaimieÔÇÖs, home. We see a teenage girl in her bed, with a boy next to her.

Jaimie, her mother, is calling her saying ÔÇ£April, come on down. Henry went to work with your father, so we can have a nice breakfast together.ÔÇØ When her daughter does not answer, Jaimie starts walking up the stairs.

ÔÇ£Hide!ÔÇØ April says. Jeff ducks and hides at the side of the bed, and when Jaimie's hand turns the doorknob, the phone rings, and she goes to pick it up. April and Jeff laugh in relief, and April throws JeffÔÇÖs shoes out the window with a laugh as he finishes getting his pants and shirt on. Meanwhile on the phone, Jaimie is called into work, so she makes sure that April is okay, and that she is going to work.

At the juvenile detention center, the boy is in the cafeteria, watching the other children eat. One particular boy looks angry at him.

This boy glared at me. I felt a strange feeling in my belly. I was not afraid of this boy, but he reminded me of something ready to strike. I had no reason to fear him, yet I had no idea what he was capable of.

ÔÇ£Like what ya see?ÔÇØ the angry boy said. ÔÇ£Get that boy over there to stop eyeballinÔÇÖ me,ÔÇØ he says to the cafeteria monitor.

ÔÇ£Leave him alone,ÔÇØ the monitor says. ÔÇ£He canÔÇÖt understand a word coming out of your mouth.ÔÇØ

After lunch, everyone is taken outside. Right away, the angry boy throws a punch at the strange boy. The strange boy blocks the angry boyÔÇÖs fist, looking very confused.

This boy wanted to hurt me. But why? I had done nothing to hurt him.

Then, the cafeteria monitor came back outside. He took the angry boy inside to his room. Later that day, Jaimie comes by to see the boy. She tells him to draw a picture. He grabs a crayon, and starts drawing dots, jabbing the paper with the crayon. It looks more like a very detailed photograph when the boy is finished. It is the clouds. Later that night, Jaimie goes home with some strange thoughts in her head. She then decides she would like to bring the strange boy home, so she tells her family.

ÔÇ£So, one of your mental patients is going to come to live with us?ÔÇØ her son, Henry says. ÔÇ£I donÇÖt see that ending well.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£He is not a mental patient,ÔÇØ Jaimie says. ÔÇ£HeÔÇÖs just a confused boy who needs a home, and the juvenile detention center is not the place for him.ÔÇØ

Despite her family objecting to it at first, they realize that Jaimie is determined, and the next day, she brings the boy home. Jaimie tells April to watch him when she goes out to the store one day, and Jaimie doesnÔÇÖt. The boy hears an amazing noise coming from the next house. It is an amazing song coming from a piano. He walks into the house, making no noise.

This noise was something unfamiliar, but welcome. It soothed me. I wanted to communicate, to say ÔÇ£Thank you.ÔÇØ

When the boy tried to communicate, a moaning noise came out of his mouth. Then, the girl screams. Her mother runs in, and the boy runs out of the house and flees to his homeÔÇÖs bathroom, laying in the bathtub. Henry then runs into the bathroom and pulls his pants down, and then he sees the boy, and screams. He yells ÔÇ£MOM!ÔÇØ and runs out of the bathroom, pants at his knees. His mother runs up, asking whatÔÇÖs the matter.

Your patient was laying in the bathtub! And I was, going in there, and, I was going to Henry began.

ÔÇ£Going to what?ÔÇØ Jaimie asked.

Uh nothing, Henry says hastily. But what was this kid doing in the bathtub?

ÔÇ£I donÔÇÖt know, your sister should have been watching him,ÔÇØ Jaimie says, looking suspicious.

ÔÇ£Well, thereÔÇÖs the problem, you let April watch him,ÔÇØ Henry said. He goes back to the bathroom, then turns around for a second, and he looks at the boy and says: ÔÇ£Perv.ÔÇØ

We fast forward to that night, at the dinner table.

I was thirsty. But, I did not know how to request a drink. I relied on a phrase I heard the angry boy use at the juvenile detention center.

ÔÇ£Yo!ÔÇØ the boy says. ÔÇ£Juice me! What, are ya all takinÔÇÖ stupid pills ÔÇÿround here? JUICE!ÔÇØ

Uh did he just talk? April says.

Ten minutes ago he couldnt talk at all Henry says.

Jaimie pours him some juice. And, Ron, her husband, puts some food on his plate, as if showing approval for him. Then, April puts some on. Then, Henry does.

Suddenly, I felt welcome here. I felt like I had a home. I felt like these people were my family. I no longer felt hated, only loved.

ÔÇ£So, this kidÔÇÖs gonna need a name,ÔÇØ Henry said.

Ron says, "He reminds me of my old friend Noah, we'll call him that."

Noah, Jaimie nods. Noah

I liked this name. So, I looked at Jaimie. She smiled in approval.

ÔÇ£Perfect,ÔÇØ April says. ÔÇ£His name is Noah.ÔÇØ

---

There's the pilot. For those of you who didn't review it when it was on, reviews appreciated. Even if you did review it when it was on, review it based on what it was like upon your second viewing.

S1E2 (2)- A Tub?: Sleep. It is a time when we rest, a time to get more energy. Henry, my roommate, was tossing and turning in his bed, smirking, as if he was having a wonderful dream. But I was unable to sleep, knowing that there was so much to explore. I got up from my bed and opened the door, turned the knob, and stepped outside to emerge into a world of endless possibilities. This had become my routine. I had laid in bed for a few hours, seeing if possibly I could get a small dose of rest, but then I am drawn into the world outside me, so I get up and explore the Wright home.

Noah is walking down the stairs, and he goes into the refrigerator.

I was hungry. Very hungry. Inside the refrigerator was a vast variety of food for me to eat. I grabbed the chocolate syrup, getting some on my shirt. I then got some whipped cream, and filled my mouth with it. It tasted delightful. I then grew tired of the fridge, and I wandered into the living room, and turned on the television. A kung-fu movie was on. The two men on screen were speaking Japanese, and fighting. I did the same thing, when the Wrights all walked down, looking very drowsy.

Uh its 4:23 AM and Noah is up speaking Japanese and kicking our coffee table covered in chocolate syrup Henry said. Do you still think hes not a mental patient, Mom?

In the next scene, Ron and Jaimie are talking to Noah. ÔÇ£Have you slept at all while youÔÇÖve been here, Noah?ÔÇØ Ron asked.

ÔÇ£No, I havenÔÇÖt,ÔÇØ Noah admitted. ÔÇ£IÔÇÖve found that I like to get up when no one else is awake, and explore your house. IÔÇÖm sorry, am I doing something wrong?ÔÇØ he frowned.

ÔÇ£No, youÔÇÖre not doing anything wrong,ÔÇØ Ron said. ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs just unbelievable that youÔÇÖve been here a week and a half and havenÔÇÖt gotten any sleep at all.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£I just feel like thereÔÇÖs so much to do,ÔÇØ Noah said. ÔÇ£ThereÔÇÖs so much to find out about the world, and about myself.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, raiding our kitchen isnÔÇÖt going to help you find out who you are, Noah,ÔÇØ Jaimie said. ÔÇ£But it is understandable that you feel anxiety. Every small detail about you is a mystery. You donÔÇÖt even know who your name is. The doctors can only estimate that youÔÇÖre 16 years old.ÔÇØ

I felt like the term ÔÇ£bustedÔÇØ applied here, and that I would not be exploring at night any longer. I had been caught, though I thought I had done nothing wrong, apparently I had.

At noon that day, there is a ring. ItÔÇÖs the doorbell. Jaimie goes to get it.

ÔÇ£Just the person I was looking for,ÔÇØ the woman at the door says.

It was her. Behind the woman speaking was the girl who had played the beautiful music. She looked beautiful, and shy, and kind. I could tell by her eyes.

ÔÇ£Listen, your patient, I believe his name is ÔÇÿNoahÔÇÖ, was in my house,ÔÇØ the woman said.

ÔÇ£Kim, that was a week and a half ago. Why are you coming now?ÔÇØ Jaimie asked.

ÔÇ£I wasnÔÇÖt sure you knew,ÔÇØ Kim said. ÔÇ£Was the boy punished?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Why would he be punished?ÔÇØ Jaimie asked. ÔÇ£He was only wandering; he was curious, and confused. He did nothing wrong. The door was wide open.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, Stacey was there playing the piano, and he was spying on her,ÔÇØ Kim said. ÔÇ£I donÔÇÖt want your patients around my daughter.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Was Stacey hurt?ÔÇØ Jaimie asked. ÔÇ£Because she looks fine to me.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£No, Mrs. Wright, IÔÇÖm fine,ÔÇØ the girl, Stacey, said. ÔÇ£I wasnÔÇÖt hurt at all.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Stacey! You were told to keep your mouth shut,ÔÇØ Kim said. ÔÇ£I told you not to speak with Jaimie Wright.ÔÇØ

Okay Stacey said.

Her voice was amazing. So soft, and kind. But her mother was angry, and mean. I did not think I liked her, though I did not think it was the right time to judge.

Suddenly, I was staring at Stacey. She stared back at me with a smile. Kim then noticed, and pulled on her arm, Stacey quickly said, ÔÇ£See you later!ÔÇØ

I knew that she would see me later, and that I wanted to see her again. She was a friend, something I would love to have more of.

It is night, and we are in Jaimie and RonÔÇÖs room. Jaimie says, ÔÇ£We need to make sure that Noah gets some sleep tonight.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, youÔÇÖre going to have to stand by the door watching him or something,ÔÇØ Ron said.

ÔÇ£YouÔÇÖre?ÔÇØ Jaimie said, somewhat angrily. ÔÇ£You mean you wonÔÇÖt help me watch Noah overnight?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Listen Jaimie, heÔÇÖs your patient, and I have a meeting tomorrow,ÔÇØ Ron said. ÔÇ£I canÔÇÖt afford to lose any sleep for Noah.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Come on, I just want to take shifts so I can get a little bit of sleep,ÔÇØ Jaimie said. ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm going to try to clean up the house tomorrow, and if you want me to do that, I need some sleep. And IÔÇÖm sorry that bringing Noah into this house is such a burden for you that you make me handle him alone.ÔÇØ

She had called me a burden. Is that what I was: a burden? I was beginning to wonder if I really was welcome in the Wright home.

ÔÇ£You know IÔÇÖm a better person than that,ÔÇØ Ron said. ÔÇ£But this is a really important meeting, honey. And, this family relies on me to bring home the bacon. This family needs a lot of bacon.ÔÇØ

Okay Jaimie said. Maybe I can get Henry to stay up with me. April cant since she has work tomorrow.

ÔÇ£No, Henry doesnÔÇÖt need to stay up, he has summer school tomorrow, remember?ÔÇØ Ron said. ÔÇ£I suppose I could stay up, but I had better not miss that meeting because IÔÇÖm sleeping.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£DonÔÇÖt worry, you wonÔÇÖt miss the meeting. IÔÇÖll make sure to wake you so you can get ready for your meeting,ÔÇØ Jaimie said.

ÔÇ£Promise?ÔÇØ Ron said with a smile.

ÔÇ£I promise,ÔÇØ Jaimie said sweetly, in a voice that you had to believe.

So, that night, Jaimie watched Noah while Ron slept, and then Ron watched Noah while Jaimie slept. Eventually, both of them fell asleep, while Noah was wide awake the entire time, staring at both of them, who are laying on top of each other. The next thing we know, we hear RonÔÇÖs alarm, but he and Jaimie sleep through it. We see the clock tick for forty-five minutes, then RonÔÇÖs eyes pop open. He immediately looks at the clock on HenryÔÇÖs wall.

ÔÇ£Crap!ÔÇØ he says. He shakes Jaimie. ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm late!ÔÇØ he yells.

ÔÇ£Whose fault is that?ÔÇØ Jaimie says teasingly, still half-asleep.

ÔÇ£DonÔÇÖt start with me,ÔÇØ Ron said. ÔÇ£Damn it!ÔÇØ

Theres no reason to get angry, Jaimie said defensively, now awake. Im sorry I was tired, and I fell asleep on my shift. Its my fault for not waking you when I got tired.

Ron stormed out.

I felt like it was my fault that Jaimie and Ron were fighting. These people who had taken me into their home were stressed by my presence. I decided that it was best if I was no longer a burden. I decided to run off to the abyss where I had my first memories. I waited until everyone had left for their various activities, and then I wrote a note to the Wrights that explained everything. Then, I walked out the door, and ran. I then walked into StaceyÔÇÖs house one last time, and looked at her. She looked beautiful. She didnÔÇÖt notice my presence as she played her piano. I took a exactly a minute and thirty seconds to look at her, then I walked out of her home. There was water dripping from my eye, and I felt a pain in my throat. What was it? Sadness? Pain? Both?

Noah didnÔÇÖt know it, but he was crying. He was crying because he didnÔÇÖt want to leave the Wrights, he loved them. But, he still thought that it was the right thing to do. He thought it was necessary, and he felt that they did not love him. So, he jumped right into the deep abyss. He just laid down.

Meanwhile at the Wright home, Ron returns home to see that Noah is nowhere to be seen. He calls his name through the house, but doesnÔÇÖt know where he is. Then, Jaimie gets home from her errands and asks whatÔÇÖs happening. Ron explains that he doesnÔÇÖt know where Noah is. So, they both go to HenryÔÇÖs room to see if Noah is finally sleeping there, but, on NoahÔÇÖs bed, they find the note:

ÔÇ£Dear Jaimie, Ron, April, and Henry,

IÔÇÖm sorry that I have been a burden, and caused your family stress. IÔÇÖve left, and you will never have to worry about me again. DonÔÇÖt bother looking for me, because you will not be able to find me. But, it is alright. It is better this way. IÔÇÿll miss you all.

Goodbye,

NoahÔÇØ

He thought he was a burden? Jaimie asked. Where did I hear that before? She thought about it for a few minutes, then she said. Oh no

ÔÇ£What is it?ÔÇØ Ron asked.

ÔÇ£Noah heard us fighting,ÔÇØ Jaimie said, with a pained look on her face. ÔÇ£By the way, IÔÇÖve been thinking, and youÔÇÖre right. Noah isnÔÇÖt your responsibility, heÔÇÖs mine. He isnÔÇÖt AprilÔÇÖs responsibility. He isnÔÇÖt HenryÔÇÖs responsibility. HeÔÇÖs my responsibility, and I should be the one watching him, and taking care of him, and I should be taking him to work with me.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£No,ÔÇØ said Ron. ÔÇ£You took this boy in, but then, we decided that we would treat him like a member of our family. Therefore, this should be a team effort, and IÔÇÖm sorry that I treated it look something less than that. After all, weÔÇÖre married, we should be a team anyways.ÔÇØ

Then, we go to see April and her friend Mikayla sitting in AprilÔÇÖs boatmobile. ÔÇ£Oh my god,ÔÇØ April said. ÔÇ£What are we doing?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, you think that Jeff is cheating on you, so weÔÇÖre spying on him,ÔÇØ Mikayla said. ÔÇ£Now look, here he comes!ÔÇØ

No, I cant look, really April said. She ducks down, and then looks back up. Jeff is walking up the sidewalk laughing, with another girl! April begins to tear up.

ÔÇ£HeÔÇÖs cheating,ÔÇØ said Mikayla. ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm so sorry.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£No,ÔÇØ April said. ÔÇ£HeÔÇÖs not cheating because we were never together in the first place.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£You were just with him so you could do it with him,ÔÇØ said Mikayla. ÔÇ£I set you up with him so you could lose your virginity with him.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, I never agreed to doing that,ÔÇØ said April. ÔÇ£Besides, we never did it. We did everything but it, actually.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£SummerÔÇÖs almost over, and I lost my virginity,ÔÇØ Mikayla said.

Plenty of times, April adds with a smile. Mikayla had always been very friendly.

Shut up Mikayla said. Duck! Hes coming! Both of them ducked right away while Jeff walked past them with the other girl. They both came back up, and Mikayla said, So whats going to happen when your parents find out you kept blowing off work to make out with Jeff in my hot tub, and you got fired a week ago?

ÔÇ£TheyÔÇÖre not going to find out,ÔÇØ April said.

Sure theyre not Mikayla said.

ÔÇ£TheyÔÇÖre not!ÔÇØ April insisted.

ÔÇ£Whatever,ÔÇØ Mikayla said. ÔÇ£Could you take me home?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Sure,ÔÇØ said April. She drives Mikayla home and drops her off at her house. Then she heads home, and notices that everyone is there, waiting for her. ÔÇ£WhatÔÇÖs going on?ÔÇØ she asked.

ÔÇ£As soon as you got back from work you were supposed to come back and watch Noah!ÔÇØ Ron said.

ÔÇ£You are now officially three and a half hours late,ÔÇØ Jaimie said. ÔÇ£ThatÔÇÖs just ridiculous. What was taking you so long to get back from work?ÔÇØ

About that April said.

ÔÇ£What about it?ÔÇØ Ron said.

I kind of got fired April said. She figured that this was the best time to slip it in.

ÔÇ£Fired?!ÔÇØ Jaimie yelled. ÔÇ£For what?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£For not showing up,ÔÇØ April said.

April then explained everything, and her parents just stared at her. ÔÇ£I donÔÇÖt know what to do,ÔÇØ Ron said. ÔÇ£I thought we were raising you right, but youÔÇÖve been hanging out with a boy we donÔÇÖt know and havenÔÇÖt met. Meanwhile, you didnÔÇÖt tell us about him anyways, and have skipped work so you can spend time with him?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£It sounds bad when you say it like that,ÔÇØ April said defensively. ÔÇ£But when you look at it in another way, itÔÇÖs really not that bad.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£What other way is there to look at it, April?ÔÇØ Jaimie said. ÔÇ£YouÔÇÖve been lying to us for a week about going to work. YouÔÇÖve told us you havenÔÇÖt been dating. How long have you been lying for?ÔÇØ

A month and a half April said nervously.

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm not in the mood to punish you,ÔÇØ Jaimie said. ÔÇ£Right now, I want to find Noah.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Where is he?ÔÇØ April asked. Henry then handed her the note, looking solemn, and her mouth dropped. ÔÇ£He was not a burden. Where would he hear that?ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£I think thatÔÇÖs me and your fatherÔÇÖs fault,ÔÇØ Jaimie said. ÔÇ£I think Noah heard us fighting this morning. But the most important thing is to find out where he is.ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£Well, he only knows two places: this house, and the abyss that he came out of,ÔÇØ Henry said. ÔÇ£He isnÔÇÖt here, so by process of elimination, heÔÇÖs-ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£at the abyss!ÔÇØ April said. ÔÇ£Great job, little bro!ÔÇØ

ÔÇ£No prob,ÔÇØ Henry said. ÔÇ£Now letÔÇÖs move!ÔÇØ

The four Wrights then got flashlights and ropes and drove to the abyss. When they got there, Ron climbed down first, with Henry going next, then April, and then Jaimie. All four of them kept calling ÔÇ£Noah!ÔÇØ until they saw Noah, laying down in the sand.

ÔÇ£There he is!ÔÇØ Jaimie said.

ÔÇ£Noah!ÔÇØ Henry yelled. He began shaking him. ÔÇ£CÔÇÖmon, get up, bro.ÔÇØ

He had just called me ÔÇÿbro.ÔÇÖ Did that mean he thought of me as a brother? Was I important to the Wrights? I opened my eyes, and looked into all of their eyes. All of them were crying. They did care. They had missed me.

ÔÇ£DonÔÇÖt ever run away again, ÔÇÖkay?ÔÇØ April said. ÔÇ£I donÔÇÖt want to lose you again.ÔÇØ

Okay Noah said.

I got up, and we all climbed up the rope. Then, we got in the car, and went back home. Ron told me I should take a bath, and it would help me sleep after a long day. So, I took a bath, and after I was done, I got dressed, and laid in the tub. Eventually, I fell asleep....

The next morning, April walked in, ready to shower. ÔÇ£Come on, Noah!ÔÇØ she yelled. ÔÇ£Get up!ÔÇØ

I heard her, but I was laying down. I wished she would be quiet, so I could get some sleep.

Then, Ron opened the door, and said he had a surprise for me. He took me to what used to be his workshop, where there was now a desk with a laptop, a chair, and in the middle of the room: a rug, and on top of the rug was a bathtub.

ÔÇ£This is your room, Noah,ÔÇØ said Ron.

I had a room. To me, this was symbolic of me finally becoming a member of their family. Maybe not much was certain about me, but one thing was certain. I had a family: the Wrights.

---

And that's the series. Good? Bad? It's cancelled for now, but positive/negative reviews will determine my permanent decision on the spin-off based on the ABC Family show, Kyle XY. Therefore, needless to say, reviews are very appreciated.

Archived