• Advertisement

The Dark Knight Rises

Clappy

Well let me be the first person to say that The Dark Knight Rises was what I thought it would be. It was an awesome ending to Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. I feel sorry for the person who has to fill his shoes for the next Batman movie, whenever that may be.

That being said, this movie isn't without it's fair share of criticism. The first hour of the movie was slightly disappointing, only slightly though. They just throw so many new characters into this installment, that they don't give time to fully develop all of them. I did like most of them. Tom Hardy was brilliant as Bane, although you have to pay very close attention to what he says because it is kind of hard to interpret sometimes. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was amazing as usual....and I'll let you guys see for yourselves about his character. Anne Hathaway was great as Selina Kyle....notice how I didn't say Catwoman because they don't ever call her that in the movie. Otherwise, all these other new characters they throw at you are never fully developed. Especially Marion Cotillard's Miranda Tate, who despite getting most of her character development at the end of the movie, is just too little too late for me.

Despite that complaint about character development, it just seemed like Nolan tried fitting in way too much for his last Batman movie that it was kinda overwhelming. However, don't let all my complaining ruin this movie for anybody reading this. I absolutely loved it. They more than make up for that dragging first hour with the rest of the movie. Especially that final action sequence, which made me sit up from my chair and watch every waking moment with excitement and me marking out with the rest of the crowd. So if you are expecting a movie as awesome as The Dark Knight, you won't get it. However, this movie was still amazing and easily the second best Batman movie ever made in my opinion, just slightly edging out Tim Burton's first Batman movie.

I saw JGL's character coming from a mile away.

Spoiler

I mean GQ was a definite give away, but there was no way they would give JGL's character so much screen time without giving him such an important role at the end.

just like batman

Batman has a raspy voice. Bane has a mask that muffles his voice. I think it's far more obvious which voice is harder to recognize. :P

Spoiler

I mean GQ was a definite give away, but there was no way they would give JGL's character so much screen time without giving him such an important role at the end.

Spoiler

I didn't even need the movie; I called it from the trailer. It would've been pointless for Nolan to bring in a whole new side character (played by JGL no less) for him to end up not doing anything. I thought it was stupid that his name was Robin, though. Should've just been Dick Grayson/Tim Drake.

In other news. Anne Hathaway. That is all.