• Advertisement

The Adventures of Tom And Lou

TJ

Just posting the special from the Snowcember Ball 2015 contest :) ....

Tom and Lou Christmas

(Song starts. All I Want For Christmas Is You)

Evelyn and Tom can be seen dancing to music around Evelyn's house in Bikini Bottom, while decorating

Tom puts the finishing touches of their Christmas tree, and when he plugged in the lights, the entire tree lit up beautifully.

Evelyn, using a ladder, hung up the mistletoe and motioned for Tom to come kiss her under it.

"Come 'er, come get some of my holiday lovin'!" Evelyn said enthusiastically.

"I'm glad you're feeling the Christmas spirit. You have more than enough energy for the both of us." Tom smiled.

"Well, that's because you don't know what you want for Christmas yet. Or do you?" Evelyn questioned.

"Well, uhmm.." Tom stumbled, as they heard a knock on the door. 

(Music ends)

Tom stops the music and opens the door to see Lou.

"Lou!"  Tom lit up.

"Tom!" Lou said, as the two embraced in a hug.

"Lou, it's lovely to see you!" Evelyn said, as Lou walked in and hugged her too.

"You guys are getting all set up in here, aren't ya?" Lou asked.

"YASSS! It's Christmas. Please let my boyfriend know that." Evelyn said, looking at Tom.

"What's up, Tom? Not feeling the spirit?" Lou asked.

"Well now that you're here, I'm feeling much better. My best friend and my girlfriend in one room. What else could I ask for?" Tom smiled, putting his arms around both of them.

"Oh, sugar.." Evelyn said.

"What?" Tom asked.

"The cookies I put in the oven,..they have to be burning by now!" Evelyn said, rushing off.

"She's...still a bad cook?" Lou asked, laughing.

"Well...I love her for other things." Tom laughed.

"Ever since you moved out of our apartment to come live with Evelyn two months ago, I've noticed how more serious you guys have gotten." Lou said.

"Well, yeah..we've been dating a year. Still, some days I feel like I rushed into things by coming to move in." Tom said.

"Oh really?" Lou asked.

"I just don't want her to think we're going to be this life long happy couple. Things change, you know?" Tom said, looking at Lou intensly.

"Yeah, totally." Lou said, as Evelyn returned to the room.

"How are the cookies?" Lou asked.

"Don't ask." Evelyn said.

"Too bad, I just did." Lou smiled.

"Ughh, they're a mess." Evelyn said.

"Well I should get going, since I'm meeting with Scooter." Lou said.

"Scooter? For what?" Tom asked.

"Uh, just stuff..hang out stuff." Lou said, kind of dodging.

"Okay." Tom said.

After Lou walked out, Evelyn motioned for Tom to come sit on the couch with her.

"Hey, umm...I just wanna say that the past two months we've been living together has been amazing. I really wouldn't trade it for the world." Evelyn said.

"Well, two summers ago, me and Lou actually explored the entire world...and I wouldn't trade you for it either." Tom said, kissing Evelyn.

"Tom, I...I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Evelyn said, looking into his eyes.

"Ah..I mean..me too." Tom said, with a lack of sincerity.

"Good! Then we should..." Evelyn smiled, getting up to examine the Christmas tree.

------

Lou and Scooter met up at the Salty Spitoon.

"I ordered us two drinks. So are we ready to discuss the next step?" Lou asked.

"Yes, yes, sir...I am READY to buy your apartment." Scooter said.

"Are you sure you've found stable work, Scooter?" Lou asked.

"Pshhh, totally! I work at the mall now!" Scooter said.

"Okay, then you should be able to keep up with the rent after all." Lou said, pulling out a lease transfer agreement. 

"Wait, have you told Tom yet that you're moving from Bikini Bottom to Radell?" Scooter asked.

"No! And you're not gonna tell him either. I wanted to lay it on him after the holiday." Lou said.

"So you're moving after Christmas?" Scooter asked.

"Yeah." Lou said.

"Why are you moving again?" Scooter asked.

"I got offered a news reporting job in Radell. Pays serious money." Lou explained.

"Wow, how'd you get that offer." Scooter asked.

"Remember that I traveled nearly the entire sea two summers ago. I have friends in high and far places." Lou started, "specifically, famous newscaster, Jennifer Tinsley." Lou finished explaining.

"Well, I'm glad you'll be doing good for yourself, bro." Scooter said.

"Yeah, and come visit, any time!" Lou said, as their drinks finally arrived.
-------

The next morning, Tom was cleaning the snow off his anthropomorphic car, The Black Horror.

"Ugh, winter. The one season that reminds that I am a boatmobile." Horror said, groaning.

"Hey, until you have the put in the hard labor of cleaning snow off of you, don't complain." Tom said.

"I saw Lou stop by last night." Horror said.

"I thought you and the Pink Scream were out driving through empty parking lots." Tom questioned.

"We were going to, but we found out that she's pregnant." Horror said.

"Oh my Neptune! What?" Tom freaked.

"LOL, dude she's a FRIKKING boatmobile, how could she get pregnant? Dipstick." Horror said, ruffling Tom's emotions.

"Classic you, Horror." Tom said, rolling his eyes. 

"When's Evelyn going to-" Horror started.

"-DON'T you dare say the P word." Tom interrupted.

"Bad enough that she basically implied last night that she wants to get married." Tom mentioned.

"She did? Ooh, run for the hills. She's trying to trap you. I'm telling you, she'll pull the P-card next..." Horror said.

"Shut up. I love Evelyn." Tom said.

"I haven't noticed lately." Horror said.

"Excuse me?" Tom asked.

"It's been clear to me that you've been miserable living with her. You miss the fun of living with Lou, and being out on the road." Horror concluded.

"What are you saying?" Tom asked.

"Evelyn wants this cookie cutter, home for dinner, nuclear family type of thing with you, but your natural inclination is having a 'good' time, being wild and free on the road, and just generally throwing your hands in the air." Horror explained.

"Something...has been missing since I moved in with her. But, by getting married, maybe that will go away. My mindset will change!" Tom tried convincing himself.

"Ya, mebbe.." Horror said sarcastically.

--------

(Song starts. I Want To Dance With Somebody)
In his apartment, Lou sat somberly, looking at old pictures of him and Tom from their summer long road trip a year ago.

"Heh..I remember this one."  Lou says, sipping a root beer, staring at a photo that he and Tom snapped while in Atlantis.

"Doesn't the time fly?" Lou said.

(A knock on the door.) 

(Song ends)

"Tom? What are you doing here!?" Lou said after opening his door.

"I wanted to talk to you about something important." Tom said.

"Yeah, sure..come in. " Lou said, closing the door.

"Are those some of our photos from last summer?" Tom asked.

"That fateful summer indeed!" Lou laughed, handing the photos to Tom.

"Man, did we have so much fun." Tom said, shuffling through them. He looked at Lou with the two holding a glance for a while.

"..So, why'd you stop by?" Lou asked.

"..Uh...Oh yeah! I was...uhh, gonna tell you something. I want to get Evelyn a ring." Tom said.

"A ring? For Christmas? Why?" Lou asked.

"Obviously,...marriage." Tom said.

Lou snatched the pictures out of his hands. "I'm gonna put these back in the closet." Lou said.

After Lou returned, Tom questioned his opinion.

"Do you think I should marry Evelyn?" Tom asked.

"You should do what you want." Lou said, very dryly.

"Yeah, well, rings are expensive." Tom sort of giggled.

"Uhm, Scooter works at the mall, maybe he'd have some connections?" Lou said.

"Ah, interesting. Shall we see?" Tom inquired.

"Sure. I'd be happy to come." Lou said.

--------

The Black Horror entered into Evelyn's house.

"Horror! You're tracking snow! At least MY boatmobile has the decency to stay outside during winter." Evelyn said.

"I asked for some of that "oil-nog" about two hours ago." The Black Horror said.

"Sorry, I was busy wrapping some presents for my future husband!" Evelyn said.

"He proposed already?!" Horror blurted out.

"WHAT? HE'S GOING TO PROPOSE?!!!!" Evelyn got excited.

"Oh boy.." Horror said.

"You've already admitted it now! So tell me! Have you seen the ring? Is he out getting it now? Is it big? These are questions of the hour!" Evelyn said.

"Evelyn, calm down. He just recently realized the hints you've been dropping." Horror said.

"It's just, some days I feel me and Tom have this awesome thing going on and we're falling even deeper in love. Then, there are other days....where I feel like he's pulling away. Like his mind is somewhere else." Evelyn admitted.

"I see. The only thing you can do is trust that he loves you, even if you do tie him down a lot." Horror said.

"I do not! Tom chose to live with me. He chose a life with me." Evelyn expressed.

"Then you have nothing to fear, do you?" Horror said.

"Nothing to fear."  Evelyn smiled.

-------

Tom and Lou arrived at the Bikini Bottom Mall.

"Are you sure that Scooter works at the Jewelry Giant?" Tom questioned.

"Yeah! He told me over drinks the other night." Lou said.

"Well, you can get a head start there. I'm gonna go find the restroom." Tom said.

"Aight." Lou said, walking towards the Santa Claus Session at the mall.

"Aww, look at the little kiddies telling Santa what they want!" Lou thought to himself.

"..And that's all for this session! Tell your friends to stop by and come get their own lap time with Santa!" the faux Santa Claus said, with the session wrapping up.

"Wait...I recognize that voice." Lou said.

As Lou pushed through hoards of exiting parents and children, he eventually got toward the 'Santa Claus' and pulled his fake beard off.

"SCOOTER!" Lou said.

"Uh, LOU! What are you doing here!??" Scooter asked.

"I thought you worked at the Jewelry store! Me and Tom came here so you could get him a hook-up!" Lou said.

"None of the girls at that store are very attractive." Scooter said.

"No, idiot! A hook-up as in - not paying full price for an expensive ring." Lou said.

"Wait, Tom's going to propose?" Scooter asked.

"Yeah. On Christmas...to Evelyn." Lou said with a hint of anger.

"You don't sound too happy." Scooter said.

"I think he's making a mistake!" Lou admitted.

"You used to be one of Tom and Evelyn's biggest shippers." Scooter said.

"A relationship is one thing, but now marriage? That's a whole other ball game." Lou said.

"True." Scooter said.

"Scooter, this job is seasonal, how the heck are you going to be able to handle rent when you take my apartment?" Lou asked.

"Well you're not leaving until after the holidays, so that should give me time to find a stable job." Scooter said.

"Actually, you can take the apartment as soon as tomorrow." Lou said.

"What do you mean?" Scooter asked.

"I'm leaving tonight." Lou said.

"What? Why a total change in plans?" Scooter asked.

"I realized that I just wanna get started on this new chapter of my life already. I just wanna leave everything else in my rearview." Lou said, beating around the bush.

"Something's not right, Lou. I feel like you're running away." Scooter questioned.

"I AM running away. Not from something, TO something. My new life!" Lou smiled.

"Ya know, I've never been the smartest cookie, but even I can see behind the smile you're trying to hold together. You ARE running from something." Scooter told him.

"Yeah? Well I didn't ask for YOUR OPINION on MY life choices. Happy holidays, dudeee." Lou mocked, leaving the mall.

As Scooter headed to the restroom to take off his Santa stuff, he ran into Tom.

"Tom!" Scooter said, surprised.

"Hey! Did you run into Lou?" Tom asked.

"Yeah, but he left." Scooter said.

"Oh. Why?" Tom asked.

"Uh..stomach pains...??? Yeah, stomach pains." Scooter lied.

"Okay then.." Tom said.

"I know you came for a hook up though." Scooter said.

"Yeah, so do you actually work at the Jewelry store or are you really  faux Santa Claus feeding on the naiveness of little children?" Tom asked.

"Haha, nice one. Yeah." Scooter said.

Tom rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry though, I'm cool with a lot of people in this mall. I can get you a nice ring, half the price." Scooter said.

"Good. I'm trying to make Evelyn my....my wife...I guess." Tom said.

"You don't sound too sure." Scooter said.

"Well I am, so get me the hook-up." Tom said, trying to convice himself.
--------

After buying the ring, Tom rode his car, The Black Horror to an empty parking lot.

"Tom, are we not heading back home?" Horror asked, speaking through the radio.

"I just...need a minute." Tom said, pulling out root beer and wallowing.

"What happened to Lou, he wasn't with you when you came back out of the mall." Horror asked.

"Lou apparently ditched me due to..'stomach pains'. Whatever." Tom said, pouring more root beer down his throat and thinking about how he feels in regards to proposing to Evelyn.

"I just...feel like something's missing, ya know?" Tom said.

"Tom, if you don't want to marry Evelyn.." Horror started.

"I DO!" Tom said, shedding a tear. "I HAVE to want to." Tom said, strongly.

"..'cause why wouldn't I?" Tom questioned.

"I don't have the answers." Horror said.

"That was rhetorical." Tom said.

-------

That next morning, Tom snuck into the house, hoping Evelyn was asleep. 

"TOM!" Evelyn shouted from the living room.

"Ev! Hey!" Tom said, looking wasted.

"WHERE were you? I've been up ALL NIGHT worrying about you." Evelyn said. "The last I heard is that Horror was gonna drive over to pick you up from Lou's." 

"Yeah, umm, me, Horror, and Lou ended up at the mall." Tom said.

"All night?" Evelyn asked.

"I needed to hang. I went to a parking lot and drunk a lot." Tom said.

"WHY would you do that, didn't you figure how WORRIED I'd be!?" Evelyn said.

"STOP TRYING TO TIE ME DOWN!" Tom shouted.

"WHAT are you talking about? Tom, I- " 

"-YOU just can't accept that I'm a wild card, and I'm ALWAYS gonna be one!" Tom kept at it.

"Why are you turning this on ME?!" Evelyn stated, starting to tear.

"I need to go!" Tom said, starting to walk out.

"Tom, no! I LOVE YOU!" Evelyn screamed, with tears pouring down her cheeks.

Tom shrugged her off his arm and exited the house.

Evelyn banged the door closed and sunk down, in tears.

-------

Without The Black Horror, Tom went over to Lou's.

"Lou?" Tom said, seeing men coming out of his apartment with big boxes.

As Tom went in, he saw Scooter who had bags and suitcases.

"Scooter? Where's Lou?" Tom asked.

"Oh shoot..I didn't want to have to tell you." 

"WHAT is it, Scooter?" Tom asked, looking furious.

"Lou left last night. He got a big time newscaster job in Radell alongside Jennifer Tinsley." Scooter started. "He took most of his things last night and hit the road. The rest is being delivered to him. Meanwhile, I'm moving my stuff in. He gave me the apartment." Scooter said.

"What? Why wouldn't Lou have told me any of this. That he was moving?" Tom asked.

"He wanted to wait until after Christmas to tell you, and to leave. But last night, he apparently had a change in mind and wanted to leave as soon as possible." Scooter revealed.

"Why would Lou just take off like that?" Tom questioned.

"I asked him what he was running from, but he got defensive." Scooter said.

"What I do know is that he was pretty beat up by the idea of you and Evelyn tying the knot."  Scooter continued.

"He was? I mean, I sort of got that impression too, but I didn't think anything of it.." Tom said, lost in thought.

"Wait, you think that's why Lou abruptly left?" Scooter asked.

"I.. I don't know.. I guess. I need to see him. That's why I-" Tom took  a breath. "-Why I came by." Tom said.

"Are you okay?" Scooter asked.

"NO! I'm NOT okay! Not without Lou here with me! I made a realization last night and now....now I can't even see him face to face." Tom said, frustrated.

"Well what are you waiting for?! Go chase the boy, silly!" Scooter encouraged Tom.

"You're right!" Tom said, hugging Scooter and rushing off. 

---------

The Black Horror and The Pink Scream were consoling Evelyn in the backyard.

"Evelyn, sweetie, he'll come back! I know it. He loves you." The Pink Scream said, Evelyn's own anthropomorphic car.

"But what if he doesn't!!!!!" Evelyn cried into her tissue.

"If you ever put me through something like this, I'll hunt you down." The Pink Scream whispered to The Black Horror.

"Uh..point noted, sweetums." Horror replied.

"It's cold, I'm gonna go inside and make some hot chocolate." Evelyn said.

"Evelyn.." Horror said.

Evelyn turned around, "Yes?"

"..Everything will work out the way it's mean to be...okay?" Horror stated.

"Thanks, Horror." Evelyn said, going inside.

"Well that couldn't have been more cryptic if you tried." Scream said to Horror.

"It wasn't cryptic, it was the truth. And that's what I tell. The truth." Horror stated. 

-------

Hours later, Evelyn was on her couch, still thinking about her fight with Tom earlier. She soon heard a knock on the door.

"Tom?" Evelyn thought, rushing to the door.

Opening the door, it was exactly who she thought.

"Tom! You came back to me!" Evelyn said, hugging him and pulling him inside.

"Ev, we need to talk..." Tom said as Evelyn shut the door.

"I know, we have some obvious relationship issues to work out." Evelyn said as Tom lead her to the couch.

"Evelyn, look,...I'm sorry about the way I've been the last few days." Tom apologized.

"Well, every couple goes through their ups and downs. It's natural and it's apart of growth!" Evelyn stated.

"And I'm sure that's true, but...I don't think that's the case here." Tom said.

"What do you mean? Tom, what are you trying to say?" Evelyn started to tear.

"I love you, Evelyn.." Tom started.

"Tom! Don't!" Evelyn's tears began pouring out.

"..But I    think we need to break up." Tom came out with it.

"But, why!?" Evelyn shrieked.

As Tom's own tears started to flow, he struggled to get out the words.

"Something's...something's missing." Tom let out.

"Is it me? Do you not love me anymore?" Evelyn asked.

"I'm ALWAYS going to love you, but I just realized that something else is in the way." Tom told her.

"Tom, I've always been the smart one. By something else, you mean...someone else." Evelyn gave a faint smile.

"Well, yeah, I thought that would be obvious." Tom said, giving a faint smile himself.

"Heh..we had a good run." Evelyn said.

"I'm sorry to do this on Christmas Eve." Tom said.

"I think it would of actually hurt more if you waited until after Christmas. I'm glad you respect me enough to be honest with me." Evelyn said.

"You are a force, Evelyn. You've always been and always will be." Tom complimented her.

"I know. I'll be fine, Tom." Evelyn assured him.

Tom and Evelyn kissed each other for the last time.

"I booked a flight, but I have to go now to make it." Tom said, starting to go upstairs to pack his things.

After a few minutes, Tom came back downstairs with a duffel bag and started on his way out the door.

"HEY, Tom.." Evelyn said, running to the door.

Tom turned around. "Yes?"

"I'll always love you too. Merry Christmas." Evelyn smiled.

Tom smiled and walked out.

As Evelyn closed her door, she thought fondly about her time with Tom and grinned.

-----------

The next morning was Christmas.

At Lou's former residence, we see Scooter spending the morning gulping down eggnog.

"Merry Christmas to me..." Scooter stated upon hearing a knock at the door.

Opening it, he saw Evelyn.

"Evelyn! Merry Christmas!" Scooter said as the two hugged.

"Merry Christmas! How's it been like settling into Lou's old residence?" Evelyn asked.

"Pretty good. So, I guess you know Lou's in Radell and that Tom took a flight there." Scooter said.

"Yeah, me and Tom broke up last night." Evelyn told him.

"I'm sorry." Scooter said.

"Oh, no, don't be. It hurts, but I don't feel down. Whenever I think about Tom, I always just feel happy. That's the type of person he was and that's how he always made other people feel." Evelyn stated.

"Yeah, Tom's a great guy." Scooter said

"So any life plans going forward?" Evelyn asked.

"Last night, I actually got a call from an acting agency in Bikini Bottom. You could be seeing me on the small screen pretty soon if all goes well!" Scooter said.

"Scooter, that's amazing! For me, I'm starting a Gymnastics Coach position at the Bikini Bottom University."

"Well we're both gonna be busy then!" Scooter laughed.

"Why don't you come over my place for Christmas today? Me and Horror could use at least one of our old friends. Plus, I'd hate to be a third wheel to Horror and Scream on Christmas!" Evelyn invited him.

"Sure, I'd love to." Scooter smiled, grabbing his coat, and walking out with Evelyn.

---------

(In the city of Radell)

In Radell, we see Lou sitting in the white-decorated living room of his new house. 

"Well Radell, look out. After the holidays, your new reporter is gonna take over." Lou said to himself, smiling. 

Suddenly, Lou heard someone coming in.

Turning around, he saw that it was Tom.

"Hey, buddy." Tom said. "Your door...was open."

"Tom..why are you here? Did Scooter tell you I moved to Radell?" Lou asked.

"He might've...mentioned that." Tom smiled. "Umm..I booked a flight last night and when I got in town early this morning, I got your address." Tom explained.

"Jennifer Tinsley told you, didn't she?" Lou questioned.

"I called her...managed to get her to tell me where you were staying. I just...I needed to see you." Tom said.

"I thought you'd be too busy sipping eggnog with Evelyn and planning your wedding date." Lou snarked.

"I ended things with Evelyn." Tom told him.

"What!?" Lou said, shocked.

"I realized that I was only hurting you - and myself." Tom said.

"I - I don't know what to say. You weren't hurting me." Lou insisted.

"..And you've never been a good liar." Tom laughed.

"Yeah, you're right." Lou blushed.

"Lou, I realized that I need you in my life. You're the reason I never fall too out of line, you're the reason that I try to be the best I can be, you're the reason that I'm not afraid to take on the world. Lou, you're literally the most important person in my life. Without you, I'm just NOT complete. I love you." Tom confessed.

Lou's face lit up with a huge grin.

"You're just smiling,..after I told you all of that." Tom laughed.

"When I'm around you, I have to smile. I can't really help it." Lou admitted.

Tom blushed.

"I am for the most part, a confined person. I like to keep my feet firmly on the ground, but whenever I'm with you, Tom....you lift me up, and suddenly, I'm not afraid to fly." Lou smiled.

"I love you too." Lou ended.

"Well now that we've established all that..., I got you a present." Tom said, handing Lou small wrapped box.

Lou opened it, to which he saw a shell shocker ring.

"I think I wanna marry you." Tom said.

"I do." Lou cried, putting the ring on his finger.

Tom and Lou embraced in a kiss and then a hug.

-------

(You're The Best Thing Plays)

Days later, we see Tom and Lou getting into a new boatmobile, heading out for News Years Eve.

"So, where should we go?" Tom asked, in the driver's seat.

"I don't know, babe. Anywhere!" Lou responded, grabbing Tom's hand. 

Without a place particularly in mind, Tom sped off down the road.

The End.