• Advertisement

X-Men: Animated Series

BoJack Horseman

Discuss this piece of treasure from 90s. Not a 90s kid but I grew up with 90s Marvel cartoons during early 00s. I remember watching Spider-Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four and this. After rewatching this 1 month ago, I definitely considered this as one of the best cartoons ever lived. Maybe I'm praising too much but as much as I like movie series, this is the definition of X-Men and this is why I love superhero stories so much. It wasn't just about focusing on the discrimination theme. They had more than that. They had numbers of adventures that just blew my mind and really entertained the hell out of me, while it was still deep and well-written. After couple of episodes of season 1, we got to see more interesting adventures with them going into space, dealing with end of the world, going into astral space, time traveling and so much more. Each character had spotlight to shine and really made me in loved with the characters. Heroes were top notch, I fell in love with all of them. Ok, maybe not too much about Jubilee but even she had moments to shine. Sure, couple of villains may feel one-dimensional like Apocalypse but they were still memorable and fun and other villains like Magneto, Sinister and Mystique had really interesting characterizations and I'm glad I got to know more backstories from characters like Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine, Mystique, Nightcrawler etc. The action scenes were kind off slow at first but they got better in each season. There were even some good humor thrown into it once in a while. After season 2, the series got better and better with season 4 being my absolute favorite season. Although season 5 doesn't have the same charm of first four seasons due to animation being changed in it's last 6 episodes, with exception of Jubilee's Fairytale Theatre (it was meh at best), the episodes were pretty good in my eyes. If you wanna get into X-Men, start with this one cuz it's so good imo. Oh and Gambit is cute.