• Advertisement

Pixar to finish doing sequels after 2019

JCM

On 7/5/2016 at 10:04 AM, Clappy said:

As for the rest of this topic, Pixar isn't going to stop doing sequels.  Nowhere in that article did it say that we won't ever get a Pixar sequel ever again after The Incredibles 2.  I actually hope we get more sequels at some point as long as the company takes the time to give each one proper development.  But I'm not going to lie when I say that I am happy to know Pixar will be focusing on creating more original content for quite some time.  Because in today's sequel heavy Hollywood, I'm always happy to see that there are sparks of originality out there.

I'm glad you also read the article. Just because there are no more sequels in development right now for post-2019, it doesn't mean there won't ever be a sequel again. The doors are mostly closed on all of the movies they've done up to this point, with maybe Cars (for merchandise) and Inside Out (because you never stop having emotions) being the exception, so they have to focus on making new original content so they have the option to make sequels for those.