• Advertisement

The Underwater Place- Short SB Horror Stories

Ohad

Back when I first joined SBM, about seven months ago, I wrote some SB-based fanfics that took the tone of the show to a darker place- character and places that are known in the show are now considered a threat.

I had 6 of those stories before I stopped. I don't think they came out very well, and I could have definitely put in improvements- But, I'm posting all of them here completely unedited. The stories are independent of each other.

Rated PG-13 for gore and dark themes.

Story 1: Cup of Poison

Spoiler

"Choose your cup, Krab. What are you waiting for?"

An evil grin slowly spread on Plankton's face.

He saw the sweat from his greedy, red, cheap enemy.

Krab always won Plankton, on everything. They used to be friends, but this one simple formula.. That's enough to make them want to kill each other.

There's only one thing Plankton knows he has the superior hand over.

The brain.

Plankton always had a brilliant mind. He dedicated his life to science. Only if he would use that power to do good things, instead of trying to look for a useless revenge..

He never listened to others. "It won't help you", they said. "You'll fail."

That's what they said. That's what they thought.

The rules were simple.

On the table, there were two cups of wine.

One of the cups, however, was poisoned.

Mr. Krab doesn't know which one.

He has to choose one of the cups, and give the other to Plankton. They both will drink the wine. After two minutes, one of them will be dead, and the other will be alive.. For today.

After hesitating for a while, Mr. Krab sweat a bit, and then finally spoke.

"I'll take the cup on your side."

"Very well", Plankton said, and slid the cup to his side.

"Well?" Mr. Krab say. "You said that you'll drink first!"

"You're absolutely right!" laughed Plankton. He drank the glass on Krab's side, and drank it happily. He finished it in a few seconds- he seems like an expert on drinking alcohol.

Mr. Krab was never more afraid than in this very moment.

He drank it.

Plankton knew that it won't end well. Or maybe it will end on the best way possible.

Plankton poisoned the both cups.

After exactly two minutes, there were two bodies lying deadly on the floor.

Story 2: Purged Reality

Spoiler

"Spongebob was one of our hardest cases, a tough nut to crack", the Doctor said, while walking around. "He was in a continuous mental hell and in obvious threats of danger, and yet, his disease, sort of a mutation, caused him to believe in the innocence. He was too happy for us not to find him."

"And, after 25 years of hard work, we're finally ready to announce- Our research, Purged Reality, is done."

The red curtain was pulled away, revealing the dead body of a sponge.

The crowd was amazed. After three seconds of silence, you could hear a loud and excited applause from all over the room. Many creatures from all over the ocean came to witness this one very moment.

Yes, this was a one messed up society we lived in.

A day before that, our hero, Spongebob Squarepants, woke up by his amazingly loud alarm clock. He brushed his teeth, put his little tie on, and he was ready to go to work.

There, they set up a trap for him.

One of the researchers got into the Krusty Krab's kitchen, and hide in there.

Spongebob went near the kitchen door.

The researcher got up.

Spongebob started opening the kitchen door.

The researcher pulled out his gun.

Spongebob got in the kitchen.

Boom.

There wasn't too much blood, actually. The gun was a truly deadly machine, which made its clean death.

The body was dragged all over the place, and into the lab.

The main researcher, with his mask on, came close to the lying body and whispered to it.

"That's what you get for trying to kill the health inspector."

Story 3: I Like the Silence

Spoiler

If you asked a normal person's what is he afraid of, he'll probably mention things like getting robbed, being rejected by your love, shown naked in public, have someone that is close to you die, or related things.

But Squidward will still remember his scariest experience.

It was the day he escaped reality.

You might have heard about it.

In short- Squidward works in a restaurant called "the Krusty Krab", and if you live in our great city, Bikini Bottom, I'm sure you went to visit there at least once. Many call it the best food experience in the area, even when the known food critic, Gene Scallop, gave it a negative review.

Now, Squidward was being bothered by his two neighbors- For privacy issues, we'll call them S and P. Squidward ran to the Krusty Krab to escape from them (that was locked at the time), and he got locked in the freezer.

Then, as he told me in the interview, things started to go wrong. Really wrong.

He said that he doesn't really remember what happened. He remembers waking up in a chrome-colored room, and then running into a sort of a box. Everything was blurred to him.

When he got to the box, he says that he exited it and got into a sort of a wonderland of terror, full of ancient creatures. Blood and corpses everywhere.

Squidward ran back to the box again.

He remembers that he got really frusturated and mad. He broke something, and the box got thinner and thinner.

Eventually, there was nothing, and that was the part he remembers the best- the part that still gives him nightmares, to this day.

Everything was empty. White. Vain.

Squidward thought to himself that he can finally relax from all of the things that happened to him.

When he told us this event, he said that he doesn't know if the last thing that happened to him was in his imagination, or that it really happened.

He started to see words. Words forming together, coming in groups.

"alone"

Alone is what all words and symbols said.

Flashing in different colors, fonts and sizes.

All saying one thing.

"ALONE"

"ALONE"

"ALONE"

"ALONE"

"ALONE"

Squidward almost lost conscious. He was confused. He was afraid for things worse than life and death. He feared he might have lost the meaning of existence.

The voices started to get stronger and stronger. Messing around in his head.

Being trapped in a hole forever. Hearing voices that come of nowhere. No one and nothing to be with.

After that, Squidward died.

He doesn't remember anything from the funeral, except for a man in the side saying "His eyes were red with blood before he shot himself".

After a few years, and voices, and hallucinations, and suffering and pain echoing through his mind like a psychotic beast, He woke up.

In his house.

Next to his neighbors.

After this line of information, Squidward started to cry, and asked me to stop the interview.

What was that place? Did Squidward Tentacles really die, or was it all a twisted thought of his imagination? We may never know.

I am Johnny Erain, and this was Bikini Bottom News. 

Story 4

Spoiler

"I can't see anything in here."

"Neither do I."
"Spongebob, I'm scared."

"It's okay. Hold my hand."

"Spongebob?"

"Yes, Sandy?"

"How did he find us?"

"The tattletale strangler finds everyone."

"I can't stay here for so long. We have to get out."

"Wait. Wait for 30 minutes. He's probably going to leave."

After Spongebob and Sandy finished their worried whispering, they stood quiet, almost dead, watching the strangler walking over the empty hallways, searching for a hint for the goddamn traitors that got him into these situations, that deserve for revenge.

The heavy breathing was unavoidable. They just prayed for all of it to end, that they could go back in time and change it. Spongebob felt guilty for losing what he wanted to be the other half of his. All because he snitched at some criminal. He never realized he was that closed to him at first place, that he was just two steps away from getting suffocated.

"Sandy, I really shouldn't have bring you to this situation. I should have just leave you alone."

"It's okay. I want to do it with you. And I swear, if this will be our last breath together, then I'll know I achieved something in my life."

The wrath and fear and adrenaline now flowed all over his vains.

Be a man, Spongebob Squarepants, for once in your miserable life. You also need an achievement, for god's sake.

Be a man. Face up your troubles.

Wake up.

Spongebob stood up.

"Hey, we're over here!"

The strangler turned around, and saw them. Here. Finally. Time to end it all.

He wasn't fast.

Spongebob ran into the strangler, and knocked him down on the floor.

"You tried to kill me. You disguised yourself. You were a danger. A danger for my life. Now prepare to meet your end."

Spongebob punched him one, two, three times. There was blood thrown everywhere.

"No! Please! I'm sorry!"

"No hopes, 'strangler'."

In one last step, Spongebob got his fingernails into the strangler's chest.

He ripped his heart.

Spongebob laughed.

"Hahahaha! I guess you lost a heart for me! Hahahaha!"

Spongebob kept tightly pressing the heart. There was now blood all over his face.

"Come on, Sandy!! Wouldn't you like to join me?? You know what they say, a heavy purse makes a light heart! HAHAHAHA!!!!"

Sandy was frozen and shocked, and there were clear tears shown on her face.

"You're.. You’re a monster.."

"I AM."

"And you're going to become one too. With me. Until the end of time."

Spongebob was looking at the Strangler's purse, and grabbed a knife. He slowly walked with the knife to Sandy.

"Togeeeetttthhhhheeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This was based on a planned script for a season 7 episode called "No More", based on the events of "Spongebob Meets the Strangler". The script was found in an abandoned garage. No one know who wrote this episode, and what was the place mentioned in the script.

What's very suspicious, though, is that in the fifth page of the script, there is blood spilled over the lines.
And if you would get close to the blood, you could hear psychotic laughing.

Story 5: They're Coming

Spoiler

"Blue, Green, Red, They'll take down your head,

Green, Red, Blue, They'll try to take yours too,

Red, Blue, Green, please stop being so mean,

They'll come back next year."

This song. This stupid song. Thousands of kids singing this song, voices echoing in Squidward's mind, without a single moment of rest, to get himself relaxed, ignore the obvious danger.

No. He can't. He has to panic. No other option.

They were a trap. They're not innocent as people think they are. They harm creatures. They kill creatures. They ARE the creatures, a being without a soul.

I have to prepare myself. This is an apocalypse.

I have to get away.

With that being said, Squidward packed his belongings. He didn't have the time and place to take all of its work. He had to give up the work of art he made in suffering and tears for 15 years.

Relax, Squidward. You can paint more. Art is not an ending resource, your life is.

The bus was empty, and it felt so vain, it almost looked like no one is driving the bus.

Someone has to be driving the bus, right? It's not possible for the bus to drive by its own, right? It's against nature, right? Right? Right? Right?

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

Something crashed into the bus.

Screaming.

Darkness.

This isn't your average every-day darkness, Squidward, he said to himself. This is.. Advanced darkness.

There was a single sign indicating its way.

"YOU CAME IN TO ROCK BOTTOM

POPULATION: -1"

What does it mean to have a negative population? Relax, Squidward, it doesn't make sense. Someone wrote it as a joke. Negative population is not real, Squidward. Relax.

The sign was old, but something was different about it..

The blood. The blood on the sign was fresh.

It smelled fresh. It tasted fresh.

Squidward looked behind him.

No.

The creatures are here. He has no option now.

After all of the running away.. The hooks finally got him. Mr. Krabs promised that to him.

Squidward smiled. He started to laugh, and laugh, and laugh until the end of the day.

"You got me! This is a prank, I know! Pull out your cameras!"

He touched one of the hooks, rusty and full of blood.

It started to swing. Almost.. Inviting Squidward to sit on it.

Squidward laughed.

"Well, do you want me to play with you? Why didn't you say it earlier?"

He got up to the hook.

Something pushed him up, something not known.

Up to this day, Squidward keeps laughing and laughing.

The hooks are fun to play with.

Story 6

Spoiler

"We Bankrupted the Carnival" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season 12. In this episode, Spongebob notices an odd behavior of all of the Bikini Bottomites and searches for help.

The episode was taken down a few days after it first aired, because of negative criticism. The main complaint from fans and viewers was about the dark nature of the episode, especially towards the end.

Some viewers who were fast enough to look at it claimed to have panic attacks in 30 day intervals after watching the episode. In Halloween 2073, a large figure was said to cover the sky, which looked like one of the creatures shown in the "We Bankrupted the Carnival" episode.

As of today (2143), the episode is count to be very rare, and the American Government has offered a prize of 30,000,000$ to whom that will find pictures and/or information about the lost episode.

So far, no picture from the episode was found, and only some lines from it were documented. Here is the partial transcript based on those evidences.

------------------------------

(Spongebob wakes up, and pets Gary)

Spongebob: Such a lovely morning! I should go and visit my friend Patrick!

Patrick: -QUOTE UNKNOWN-

Spongebob: What?

Patrick: GJRJRF

Spongebob: Are you sure you're okay, Patrick?

Patrick: -QUOTE UNKNOWN-

Spongebob: -QUOTE UNKNOWN-

--missing parts—

Squidward: Hello, police! There's (quote unknown) here! Come quickly!

Police: It is your blood for force, no luck.

Squidward: -QUOTE UNKNOWN-

--missing parts--

Police: Wrapping.

(loud voices can be sound through the door)

Spongebob: No hope. No dreams.

Patrick: I am your master.

Mr. Krabs: We fell down and shown a bright one to our tribe. He didn't know.

Squidward: -QUOTE UNKNOWN-

--missing parts--

Sandy: -QUOTE UNKNOWN-

Spongebob: Grkjgrjgd

Plankton: I'm sorry, what?

Patrick: The dawn.

Sandy: Try biting his flesh.

(A loud scream is being heard, and the screen flashes for a few minutes. After that, a still picture of Gary smiling with a blood around its face is shown)

Patrick: (quote unknown) to the day of the week of the line.

----

The rest of the episode is unknown.

Hide out from the hailstorm, or else your machines will surrender. It isn't just a weak compassion of chemical combinations. We are with faith of lecoration. 

So, watcha think? 

I WILL need some sincere cricitism, because I haven't wrote stories in a long time. There might be a chance to continue these ol' chumps if I'll find an inspiration.

• Like 2

I definitely see potential in these writings. I like how all of them are horror stories, yet they all seem to have a different theme of horror, psychological, slasher, etc. I feel as though there might be pacing issues with some of them; some of the endings feel a little rushed to me. But you've got some really interesting ideas here. Keep it up! :)