• Advertisement

krabsie

Cha

Is Mr. Krabs a good Frycook? Well he has to be right? Let's go back to Friend or Foe, even though Krabs and Plankton tried to make a burger they failed. They even poisoned Old Man Jenkins. The recipe only came to be because of random spices coming together. So there's that. (Unless you watch Enemy In Law that kinda ruins this backstory. But Friend or Foe is referenced more than anything so I digress.) But of course, being a frycook isn't really about coming up with different dishes. It's about if you're able to make the already established meals right. Can Mr. Krabs do so?

He was working the grill/cash register for years before hiring any employees. (SB Moves In and sort of demonstrated in SB You're Fired!) To be exact, Squidward joined the Krusty Krew over 20 years now (Sweet and Sour Squid) and Jim probably worked there for a couple (or even before Squidward?). Other than that there's no other employes that we know of from the past.

The Chum Bucket had "fifty years of failure" so it's possible that the KK has been around that long too. So thirty something years of Krabs working the cashier and/or grill. Man he really didn't want to have to give paychecks to employees did he? :P It's still possible there was someone working there before Squidward. But Jim will always be the "original fry cook" so it's likely that there was no one before him.

Mr. Krabs didn't seem to have the ingredients to create the ultimate burger recipe [the Krabby Patty]. Mr. Krabs was somehow prodigious at becoming frycooks like Spongebob. To recap, they're trying to make money through matching up the success of Stinky Burgers, only to make the food as awful as Stinky's with their first customer. Mr. Krabs' recipe was straight from the pot and my guess is that his frycooking experience to cook up all those Krabby Patties from the ingredients [conveniently] placed into his batch was....merely plot relevant.

I could just wonder how Mr. Krabs was able to make Krabby Patties after the secret ingredients were mixed in with the raw material in that boiler. Did his mother provide him with some help? Did he do some practice on frycooking on his own? Did he do the cooking by the book? Just...how was it possible if Plankton and Krabs' first burger was a total flop? Even if you know the secret formula, it doesn't mean you're a skilled frycook and can make 'em perfectly.

I can assure that Mr. Krabs was a skilled frycook for a period of time. Perhaps he's gotten old and can't seem to remember the process very well. So, he might as well needed a new frycook when he was losing his touch. I'm guessing Mr. Krabs was head chef of the S.S. Diarrhea probably after the time Squidward became cashier and Jim was hired as a frycook, and the flashback from where the Krusty Krab "used to have class" was perhaps during the late 70's. Maybe the reason why Mr. Krabs' frycooking wasn't as skilled as he seemed to be during the climax of "Friend or Foe" is because he's used to maintaining his own business, which would become the Krusty Krab, as well as controlling the economy system of his restaurant and the things he uses there. Of course, Plankton never became as successful as Mr. Krabs, so the fact that he has had very little experience as a frycook should be a keeper.

• Like 1