• Advertisement

"Born To Die" by Lana Del Rey Track-By-Track Review

Ron

Doing another track by track review, this time of Lana Del Rey's record "Born To Die". :)

1. Born To Die - 10/10

What a great way to start off the album. This record makes me think of night, and it's just... perfect. So much better than the regular pop shit I usually hear (including Lady Gaga, honestly). The production of the song is stellar as well.

2. Off To The Races - 7/10

This song is a little faster paced, and the lyrics in this song are just awesome. It's looser, yet still retains the classiness of Born To Die. My problem was that it wasn't nearly as memorable or addictive as Born To Die and not my particular cup of tea.

3. Blue Jeans - 7/10

This song started off so great, but then it felt like I was sitting in a coffee shop, drugged on sleeping meds. Or maybe I was traveling through a black hole with this song playing. It's good, but not great. The instrumental at the beginning is amazing, though.

4. Video Games - 4/10

Just felt boring. Very boring. So bland.

5. Diet Mountain Dew - 8/10

Woah, she's suddenly not being quiet! Song sounds great and is much catchier than the past two songs.

6. National Anthem - 9/10

Sexy song. Love this. Just not addictive.

7. Dark Paradise - 7/10

Just a meh song, also very bland.

8. Radio - 10/10

Dreamy and smooth song. Very soothing. That chorus... oui. :3 "Now my life is sweet like cinnamon, like a fucking dream I'm living in".

9. Carmen - 9/10

This feels like a commentary on the underbelly of Hollywood in my opinion. Well executed and overall great. I'm getting a bit tired on songs that sound very similar. I did enjoy the heavy beat on this track.

10. Million Dollar Man - 3/10

Boring.

11. Summertime Sadness - 8/10

Retro song. I like it.

12. This Is What Makes Us Girls - 3/10

Boring.

I love her musical style and her lyrics, but I can only take so much in one sitting lol