• Advertisement

The Comic Book

I have struck gold with a new idea for a spin-off. The tennsive title is The Comic Book. This would be similar to KaBlam!, having many people here on SBC write shorts for the spin-offs, which would be an entirely new creation made by said member, which would all be wrapped around with hosting segments made by me. So, to get this project off the ground, I need YOU spin-off creators out there to help me. Go and write a pilot for a short series that can be presented on the show. I will take 10 submitions. After I recieve them, YOU members of SBC will vote for the Top 3 pilots. Those top 3 pilots will be presented on the show and will be broadcasted on the show as a regular running short series! There will be 4 shorts each episode(I will take one short slot, the other 3 will be determined by the members of SBC once I get 10 submitions from spin-off writers) So, start writing and i'm eager for your submitions(Comedy short series are perfered, but mystery/drama/etc. is fine, as long as it's G rated. :) )

Gonna post this here too:

NEWS ABOUT THE COMIC BOOK

Somehow I keep forgeting this. I didn't put this in my promo, because I kinda forgot. :unsure: But, I swear, it's still coming. However, I haven't recived any submitions(Well, CD submitted a plot for a possible short through xat, Thanks again. :) )but otherwise I haven't gotten anything else. So, to encourage some people into writing for the show, I'll offer 10 doubloons to each person who submits a pilot. :) I'm gonna make a deadline of 15 days. If it's not ready by then, Plan B is gonna be put into action.

Just a friendly note: Thank you to all who have showed interest in writing shorts for the show. You guys rock for that. :D However, I don't want this to just sit and rot here only to be revived every few weeks or so. I've made careful consideration and...suspenseful isn't it?...I'm moving onto Plan B.

How is Plan B gonna work? Well...

1. I'm going to write a PM to all who've shown interest in writing for the show(excluding Box, because of his absence) to see if they show interest in the show or not.

2. I'm not going to have people vote for the shorts anymore. Instead, if you really want to help for the show, you're answer will be a yes.

3. I'm giving all people who right shorts for the show the right to their own short(characters, etc.) still and I'm also gonna give those guys and gals the right to cancel or end their short.

So, if you've shown interest in the show, expect a PM from me within the next couple of days.(Note that I may have to cut some shorts as I really need only 3 more shorts for the show) So, hopefully I can start this up soon with the short-writers soon! Au-Revior!

Alright, i've got a plan for this and here's how it will go out(Forget me saying the hiatus part about it in the Spin-Off News thread):

Everyone who's posted in this thread(including Box since he's returned to us! :D) will get a PM tonight or tommorow asking if you are still interested in writing for the show.

My short for the show(as well as the hosting segements) will be joined by a short that is made especially for Octerror Fest: SpongeBob's SPOOKY Tales!

SpongeBob's SPOOKY Tales will probably run for the first couple of episodes in the show till October ends(4 shorts is probably what will get done for October. I plan for these to take up the whole show besids the hosting segements and my other short, so if you're interested, you've got some time before your short is due. :)

THAT'S ALL FOLKS! :D

New plan: I'm shooting for this to premiere by February. I will contact those who are interested through xat and PM here on SBC. You guys (hopefully) know who you are. I will see you soon! (Oh and as you can see, the whole SpongeBob SPOOKY Tales shorts won't be happening...maybe next year.)

Sorry about the double post, but I've got everyone's responses.

OMJ has pulled out of making a short for the show, unfornitly. :( He will be missed. :(

Everyone else who's expressed interest still does, and hopefully will write for it.

Stay tooned for more updates. :)

Well folks, I said I would make a decision, and I have already made it. I'm done with this show. It's been almost half a year since the idea started, and the delays have made me lose interest. However, what I did produce for it will live on in some form, as the short series I created, which was going to be called SpongeBob's Superfriends NOW!(a parody on Action League NOW!), has potential to be great. However, SpongeBob's SPOOKY Tales and a planned Valentine's Day short have been scrapped. The ideas may be reserected someday, but they're going in the vault along with The Comic Book.

Don't worry, I'm not planning on pulling a "Rude Removal" for this, you will eventually get to see what the show was going to be like. During the 2nd season of The Archives of CNF1, you will get many episodes dedicated to the subject, as full hosting segments for Episode 1 were completed. I also created a pic for the show, meant to resemble a Comic Book cover.

So yeah, RIP THE COMIC BOOK JUNE 2012 - JANUARY 2013.

(P.S. All people interested in the project will get a PM on SBC or I will PC you on Xat. :))

(P.S.S. This can be put in the Locker now.)