• Advertisement

Snowcember Story Contest 2019

Shark Tale

7Qe2aM1.png&key=fd275dde46a29fd6cac5d731

The goal of this contest is to bring a little competition to the table with your story talents. Here's what you'll do: 

• Submit a canon or non-canon written winter/holiday/Christmas themed work. You may use an existing spin-off, or create a completely separate entry. It does not have to be specifically about Christmas or any holiday, it can be about winter in general.

• It does not have to be SpongeBob related.

• Your creation must at least be 400 words. 

• It must be something you have written, do not plagiarize someone else's work.

• Post it in this thread by December 30, 2019 by 7pm EST.

Me, OWM and Cha will be the judges. The winner will receive a point for their side, 2,000 doubloons, and a special GCA-style trophy you can display in your profile/signature.

Have fun, and let the games begin! 

Something I wrote based on a dream I had a couple of days ago, that I gave a winter backdrop to.
Was originally going to submit for the Oneshot Treasury, but then I remembered this contest and thought I'd submit it here because I thought it's be cool to enter.

-

The same dream again…I just cannot escape you, can I?

This time a cold winter’s day, and I’m waiting against a lamppost, eagerly anticipating your arrival. A reunion of two dear friends, together again. That is what this gathering is, but it is also what I have to keep telling myself with every minute that passes, as my anticipation knows no bounds. If I was to be completely honest with myself, I have not felt the same without you in my life these past few months. You mean more than the world to me, and yet it pains me to not be able to express such a sentiment with you.

The wind begins to pick up, its attempt to hold me victim getting stronger. I counter with a flick of my scarf, tugging at the ends to close and gaps it could protrude through. My legs are quaking in their place, and yet they do not feel cold; regardless, I am more than thankful that I decided to lean against something far stronger than I for the wait.

And at last I see you from the corner of my eye, a speck that my eyes focus on without issue, and I’m sent forward. I’m running without trying as you get closer and closer to me, and my arms spread out, a dimple marking its territory on my face. As we touch you accept my embrace, and it takes all my willpower not to break down in your arms. I quickly eject myself, and my tears suppress themselves almost instantly. The smile on your face wanes slightly, but thankfully you remain oblivious to my feelings for you.

We make ourselves known at a nearby coffee shop, and once we’ve got our drinks of choice – a seasonal toffee nut latte for myself and you with your favorite; a caramel macchiato with just a dash of chocolate added in – we each curl up on a side of the sofa in the warmest corner of the shop. The conversation is light between us, questions before sips, answers after. A steady rhythm we’ve been building for years is ever so present in our voices, a familiarity that satisfies me far more than the beverage in my hands.

Our talking slowly ceases, and I take the opportunity to take in the scene. You’re dominating my field of view, in a dimly lit coffee shop with twinkling lights and Christmas tunes faintly playing in the background. You’re making a comment on the music, getting into a tirade of how overplayed it is, but I’m drawn into your eyes as you continue to express your passion in the subject, and soon the discussion I’ve heard many times before drowns out.  I’m lost in your eyes, in your entire face, and it is only when I feel my empty cup slipping out of my hands and making contact with the floor I snap out of my trance and you’re looking right into mine. But I recoil, breaking the contact and picking up the damned cup.

As we go back outside, I ask you a question I know for sure will elicit a laugh out of you, and when you do I’m taken back to the days we were inseparable, cracking jokes multiple times a day and living in our own world as we went about our school days. I can’t believe how long it has been since those days, and how much has changed for the both of us, and yet, when you’re here with me, I feel like nothing as changed, and that no time has passed, and I just want to look you in the eyes and tell you how I feel.

But I can’t.

I know I can’t.

Soon, we have to part ways. You come to a standstill as we reached the corner of your road. You don’t want to stand for too long, as the winds are picking up again, this time with a vengeance. We exchange a few final words to each other in jest before you declare an end to our rendezvous and make your way home. Your back is turned to me and you’re walking faster than I can bear to register, the bitter winter winds being my only company. A tear makes itself known as it finally takes the time to slither down my face, as you fade away.

I didn’t even get to say goodbye.

This is a one-shot that just came into my head, probably has just about as GOOD as a shot of actually WINNING as anything I ACTUALLY put thought, work, and effort into! Still, we'll see what happens with THIS work! / "A Very, Cuddle E. Winter" It's winter, in Bikini Bottom, and it is unusually cold within the tropical, underwater environment! The aquatic sea life is having to bundle up for the cold snap that is breezing through like a frigid gale, throughout their town! Even Spongebob Squarepants is feeling the chill, in his pineapple home with Gary! Spongebob says: "Wow! Today is unusually FREEZING today! I can't IMAGINE how you can stand temperature's like THIS, Gary!" Gary says: "Meow?" Spongebob says: "Well, all I'm saying is, if the weather is bothering ME, I can only ASSUME that it must be WORSE for you, being closer to the ground, and everything! Oh, it's time's like these that I wish that big hamster, Cuddle E. Hugs was back, than HE would be able to keep me warm!" Than, a big glowing ball of BRIGHT, yellow light fills the room and Gary worriedly says: "MEOW?!" Spongebob says: "No, I don't know what it is, but I'm going to be ready for it!" Spongebob quickly puts on his karate gloves and helmet, only to be slightly surprised when the ball of light forms into who ELSE, but Cuddle E. Hugs! Cuddle E. says: "Wow! I can't BELIEVE that experiment worked?!" Spongebob asks: "Cuddle E.? What are YOU doing back here?!" Gary angrily says: "Meow!" Spongebob says: "Gary has a point! You tried to EAT a bunch of us, the LAST time you showed up!" Cuddle E. Groans, and says: "I know, I feel REALLY terrible about that! That's why I decided to INVENT something in order to come back here! I want to make up for my past transgressions! I want to be a servant for hire; a go-fer, if you catch my drift!" Spongebob says: "I thought you were a hamster, not a gopher!" Cuddle E. says: "I can see metaphors STILL aren't your strong suit! Still, if there's anything you want me to do, I will do it! I'm here ALL winter long! So, there's plenty of opportunities for me to help!" Spongebob thinks about it, and says: "I don't know. Gary, do YOU need anything?" Gary thinks about it, and says: "Meow." Spongebob says: "Gary says, if you can FIND him a scratching post that LOOKS like Squidward, but isn't ACTUALLY Squidward, that would be a start!" Cuddle E. Excitedly says: "I'll go to Tentacle Acres, where they have plenty!" Spongebob says: "And Gary wants you to be--." ZIP! ZIP! Cuddle E. Instantly comes back as Spongebob finishes saying: "Quick. Nice Scratching Post." And Spongebob looks at a giant, ornate marble statue of an octopus that looks like Squidward! Cuddle E. Says: "Isn't it?! I can't BELIEVE that no one was using it!" The scene cuts to a Library in Tentacle Acres, CLEARLY missing a support statue, and collapses in on itself, due to missing it! The scene cuts back to the pineapple, and Spongebob says: "That's pretty impressive! Can you do something about the weather?" Cuddle E. says: "Well, no. But I CAN do something to help make you WARMER! Take some of my fur! I don't mind!" Spongebob says: "But won't YOU get cold?" Cuddle E. Says: "Don't worry about it! It will grow RIGHT back!" Spongebob reaches for the chest area, cuts out an area of fur, that equals to a big fur coat, and a nice, warm hat, a warm scarf, and warm gloves; and surely enough, Cuddle E.'s fur grows right back! Spongebob says: "That is COOL! This could be the start of a BEAUTIFUL friendship, for REAL, this time!" /

A Time-Montage passes, that shows Cuddle E. shopping with Spongebob for groceries, reaching objects that Spongebob can't normally reach, having a snowball fight with him, giving him a nice back massage, reading him a bed-time story, opening a jar of mayonnaise, and even cos-playing with him at a Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Convention, with Spongebob dressed as Mermaid Man, and Cuddle E. dressed as the evil Man Ray! / After the time-montage, Spongebob is laughing at a joke that Cuddle E. has just told him, and Spongebob says: "Gee, Cuddle E. That sure was a FUNNY one!" Cuddle E. says: "Yeah! Even I'M surprised that I ate ALL those donuts!" Spongebob says: "You know, it's nice that you've been helping ME for the past few weeks, but, what about all the OTHER fish in Bikini Bottom who could use the help of someone like you?" Cuddle E. says: "Look, Spongebob, I appreciate YOU giving ME another chance, but I'm not sure everyone else would be as understanding as you! After all, getting eaten temporarily isn't something that you JUST forget!" Spongebob says: "Don't worry about it, Cuddle E. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's personal relationships with others!" / The scene cuts to outside of Spongebob's house, where there is a bunch of snow on the ground. A bunch of aquatic sea-life, has gathered around a make-shift stage, complete with a large, purple curtain! Spongebob says: "Ladies and gentlemen, I appreciate you all coming here on such a chilly day, but I assure you, this announcement will change your LIVES forever!"  Squidward shouts: "SPONGEBOB IS LEAVING! SPONGEBOB IS LEAVING!" Spongebob asks: "What are you TALKING about?! I'm NOT leaving!" And Squidward immediately sits down, while Sandy rolls her eyes, and sarcastically says: "HOW disappointing!" Spongebob says: "No, I'm here to announce, that I have the greatest answer, to ANY trouble that you might have! I present to you, Mr. Cuddle E. Hugs!" And Spongebob opens the curtain, revealing the giant hamster! Mr. Krabs asks: "Hey! Who said YOU could come back here?!" Larry says: "I certainly didn't invite him!" Pearl says: "Spongebob Squarepants, what did YOU do, THIS time?!" Cuddle E. says: "Spongebob didn't do ANYTHING! I'm here of my OWN accord! I wanted to spend a winter, atoning for my PREVIOUS mistakes, and make amends. If there's ANYTHING you WANT me to do, as LONG as it's legal and G-rated, I'll do it!" Spongebob says: "And I'll even provide insurance money, so that either way, you'll be a happy customer!" Mr. Krabs thinks about it, and says: "Prove it, then! $25, IF you can move Plankton's Chum Bucket, out of MY sight!" Cuddle E. says: "Consider it done!" Cuddle E. runs over to the Chum Bucket, and with IMMENSE strength LIFTS the Bucket, RIGHT off of its foundation! Plankton says: "Hey! Wait a minute! What's HAPPENING?!" Plankton rushes outside, and SEES what Cuddle E. is doing, and Plankton shouts: "What's THIS?! CURSE YOU, Cuddle E. Hugs!!!!" And Cuddle E. tosses the Chum Bucket CLEAR off over the horizon, and Plankton says: "Ouch!" Mrs. Puff says: "Wow! I want to pay you to be Spongebob's NEW Driving Instructor!" Squidward asks: "Can I pay you to be my bodyguard?" Larry says: "I want you to be my new gym member!" Bubble Bass says: "I'll pay you to be my NEW Exercise partner!" Spongebob says: "Stop, STOP!!!! Everyone, you're missing the POINT here! Cuddle E. isn't just some tool you can use to do WHATEVER you want! He's a hamster, with FEELINGS! And using him with such disregard, is completely DEMEANING to him! Wouldn't YOU feel terrible, if someone did something to you like that?!" But just then, a loud ALARM rings, and Spongebob asks: "What was THAT; Cuddle E.?!" Cuddle E. says: "I'm afraid my time is up. Winter is almost over, so I must go back to my old home?!" Spongebob asks: "Really?! But we were having so much FUN, this time!" Cuddle E. says: "I might come again NEXT winter! Maybe then, everyone ELSE will be as kind and considerate as YOU are!" Sandy gives Squidward a look, and she says: "Called it!" A big yellow light, surrounds Cuddle E., and he says: "Until next time!" And Cuddle E. Disappears! Patrick asks: "Is it just me, or did it suddenly get a lot less WARM around here?!" Bubble Bass says: "I think we ALL learned a lesson here. I can't THINK of what it is right now, but I know it must be something!" Spongebob says: "I'm just glad that we'll probably get to see Cuddle E. again, someday! He is SO nice and warm, in a totally appropriate way of course!" Mr. Krabs says: "Still, I can't help but get the feeling that we're FORGETTING something!" /

The scene cuts to a real-life hamster cage, where the CHUM Bucket has been thrown to! Plankton says: "What are we DOING in a smelly, stinky, hamster cage?!" The real-life Cuddle E. pops back into the cage, and he says: "I was WONDERING where you went to! Would you like to be my new friend? I'm VERY nice and warm, in an appropriate way of course." Plankton yells: "KAREN!!!!" / The End! / I hope you enjoyed reading that story, as much as I did writing it! Enough said, true believers!