• Advertisement

"Rugrats" Seasons 1 & 2 Announced For General Release

MrColeslaw

I posted an identical thread on SBM too, but I figured there'd be other people here that'd wanna know.

Source - http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rugrats-Season-1-and-Season-2/23077

"Yesterday, Nickelodeon and Paramount Home Entertainment announced to retailers that on May 2nd they will release Rugrats - Season 1 (2 discs) and Rugrats - Season 2 (4 discs) to stores, in a "wide" general retail release...a season set first for the little tykes! The cartoons will be shown in 1.33:1 "fullscreen" aspect ratio, as originally broadcast. Each package will come with an "o-sleeve" slipcover, and the artwork is shown below. Note that the key artwork is generally the same as the Amazon MOD releases of these two titles, but with a few changes (including which direction the character is looking!)

SEASON 1 - This must be your ducky day! Twenty-five episodes of Rugrats, the classic Nickelodeon series, in one 2-disc collection! Join the hunt for Grandpa's dentures, explore Stu's mysterious workshop, and cheer on contestant Tommy in the "Little Miss Lovely" Contest (don't ask!). Those adventures, and over 20 more, baldly go where no baby's ever gone before. And you're along for the ride!

SEASON 2 - The toast is clear for 4 discs of over 10 hours of non-stop Rugrats adventures in season 2 of the hit Nickelodeon show, featuring fan-fave episodes "Reptar on Ice," "Visitors from Outer Space," "The Big Flush," and "Tooth or Dare." So man your paddle stations, and prepare to laugh along on your trip down memory lane with Tommy, Angelica, Chuckie and the rest of the Rugrats!"

GJ8txhQ.jpg
T3jnobo.jpg

I am BEYOND ready for this! Rugrats is the last Nicktoons in need of a proper DVD release (Amazon sets had noticeable quality issues that the TV broadcasts and Paramount DVDs lack), and it's nice to see them caring about the show. I doubt we'll see any special features, but honestly, the episodes themselves is MORE than enough for me... this is honestly something I've been wishing for as long as 10 years, and to see it finally happen is honestly mindblowing.

• Like 2