• Advertisement

Iron Fist

BoJack Horseman

Clappy made a Luke Cage topic, so I might as well make one for Iron Fist since a teaser has come out :funny: . I'm actually so surprised to see a teaser for Iron Fist because Luke Cage hasn't even premiered. Anyway, while I'm still anticipating Luke Cage, I'm so pumped for this one as well. It's coming out in 2017, any thoughts?

NEW TRAILER

Consider me hyped. Even though this is on Netflix, I can see this will be a bit more lighthearted than other Netflix series. It looks the most fun out of all three. Hopefully there will be a dragon but I dunno if they will have the budget for it :P 

I'm officially hyped. I love how Danny's fist will glow for every scene he's gonna be Iron Fist. I hope we'll see his costume at the end of this season.

And Finn Jones really seems like he's gonna capture the feeling of Iron Fist so well, even though I never came across to Iron Fist that much in comic I've read :funny: 

any thoughts?

2 hours ago, Bada Bing Nuggets said:

Only 6 episodes in, but this is NOWHERE near as bad as the critics have been saying it is. Fuck that noise.

even a reviewer from AVClub compared Iron Fist superhero to fucking Donald Trump.

that's when I realized how the criticism of the show is bullshit. Give us actual reasons why Iron Fist isn't so good other than saying DANNY RAND SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN ASIAN ACTOR, even though he's white in comics smh.

I felt that the beginning half was slow to get through, but it definitely picked up some steam as it rolled on (for me it was around episode 6, maybe). Very contrasting to, say, Luke Cage since I felt that the beginning half of that series was its stronger point. Some of the fights were cool like the whole Game of Death thing that Gao was overseeing and Danny's fight with Drunken Master. Some was less than stellar, to say the least. I must admit that the whole thing with The Hand got pretty ridiculous after a while, but I loved the stuff with Harold throughout. Both Danny and Colleen can be pretty grating at times

but coming out the the show, the thing I liked about Iron Fist the most was Ward Meachum's arc. My god, the swirl of emotions toward that guy. And I know some people who weren't quite keen on Joy's sudden heel turn at the end (I mean, her teaming up with Davos out of nowhere was what stuck out to me the most about it) but I felt it really nicely caps off something that Joy once praised Ward about somewhere around the midway point (I think), that he always keeps his cool in the face of all the bad shit that happens to them. Then to see her lose her cool and act like her whole life is ruined after all the shit with her dad (like, she knew for herself just how much of a monster he had become, and was even before the hand treatment) and turn on Danny in a flash. It was about as poetic as this show was going to get. Also, can't wait for more Steel Serpent.

if I were to rank the Netflix universe so far based on my preferences

1. Jessica Jones

2. Daredevil (season 1)

3. Luke Cage

4. Daredevil (season 2)

5. Iron Fist

holy shit, Iron Fist redemption?

now this is more like it. Better fights, better characterizations, IRON FIST MASK, Daughters of the Dragon, DAVOS BECOMING STEEL SERPENT and more use of chi. THIS IS IRON FIST FOLKS. It's coming out in September 7th. Get ready folks. This is gonna be miles above mediocre season 1.

1 hour ago, Bruce Vilanch said:

But I wanna see more of Danny and Ward's bromantic getawayyyy

ME TOO. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That was honestly my favorite aspect of season 2. They just have incredible dynamic and it sucks to see we'll never see that again.

Please make Immortal Iron Fist movie on Netflix or have season 3 on Disney's own stream. :/