• Advertisement

Assembling the Team

Jane

So the script for "Patrick's Closet" is nearly complete so it's about time to start looking for people to assist with production. Now I'm not gonna force anyone who doesn't want to work on it, this is basically just a thread where people can audition in a sense to work on it. Basically if you're interested you can post what position you're interested in and then PM me some of your work and then do a test.

Here are what I need:

-Voice actors:

*Need a decent microphone and a pop filter and some sort of acoustic foam or something to block out outside noise, like a blanket. You also of course need to be a good actor and accentuate your lines and have a good impression of whatever character you will be voicing. Will record lines via a Skype call with me and Nuggets (if he wants to). I'm assuming we'll send lines via Google Docs.

Storyboard Artists:

*You need to be a good artist who can nail cartoony/stylized art and be able to draw on model (within the boundaries of my model sheets), be able to compose/stage shots and have a general knowledge of storyboarding. I'm hoping you send your work digitally and in a program I use so I can modify work. Add me on Skype so we can converse and have a general idea of what we want. I'll be doing the storyboards, or at least most of them so whoever gets hired will likely be doing clean up (taking my rough drawings and cleaning up the outlines and generally polishing them)

Background Artists:

*Basically you should be able to paint well and draw landscapes well. 

Additional Artists:

Basically just whatever additional art we'll need, be it model sheets, props, easter eggs or grotesque close ups. A Skype would be nice.

Animator:

*You need to be a good artist who can draw on model as well as have a solid understanding of animation. You'll have to be using Flash as that's the only animation software I'll have and I can modify it/give notes. Add me on Skype.

I'll be doing as much of the animation as I can so you'll be more of an assistant animator, and that can be anything from rough, to clean up, to coloring or compositing.

Layout Artist:

*Take the storyboards and make them look exactly on model and as clean as possible and add camera information. These basically function as the keyframes for animation and will be done after the voices are recorded.

Audio Editing:

*Have a solid understanding of audio editing and make the episode sound nice.

Video Editor:

*Basically just edit the episode and then export it and then we'll upload it on Youtube.

Animal Wrangler:

*Just in case.

Music:

*Well, compose and write music that sounds good and fits the scene. A Skype would be nice.

Sound Effects:

*Make sound effects and shit, I dunno.

Edited by Teamwork