• Advertisement

The Conjuring 2

BoJack Horseman

I know a lot of people really don't like most of horror movie sequels and tbh, this sequel isn't needed to be made. In fact, the premise doesn't seem any different from the first movie. However, the teaser trailer really impressed me. This looks really creppy and even more supernatural than first movie. There's also a really good scary moment at the end of the teaser. I actually have a hope that this sequel could turn out to be a really good horror sequel. I'm so glad James Wan has return to direct this and it seems he actually cares for this sequel. The Conjuring has a really special place in my heart since it's the first horror movie I've seen and it really scared the crap out of me that it got me into horror movies. Lets hope this will be a great sequel like Evil Dead 2.

1 minute ago, MrTortellini00 said:

I lost a lot of posts because of what happened last month, so I'm making some fillery posts. Is that a problem, turkey?  planet.png

Yes :P Technically you haven't lost any posts, unless you made a topic or posted in a topic that is made in November.

Back to the topic. James Wan has really impressed me with his direction of first SAW, The Conjuring and Furious 7 (not a horror btw lol) and I'm gonna see Insidious next, so I really hope he delivers this one.

Just now, WhoBob said:

Yes :P Technically you haven't lost any posts, unless you made a topic or posted in a topic that is made in November.

Well, most of my posts were made in topics that were made after I joined in November. I just wanted to make a little joke about how lame my movies knowledge is. :P

Well, I've seen it two weeks ago and I gotta say I really had fun with this. I still feel like the original movie was a bit better for me because it was much scarier and darker from what I remember. but still this is just as good as the original. While it still has content that are used in other horror movies before like haunted house, possession, ouija board and lots of jump scares (real ones), the movie still knows how to tell it differently thanks to James Wan's incredible direction. While it still has same feels from the first movie, there are some scenes in this movie that tone of the scenes really feels so much different than first movie. I had fun with getting scared through the movie and even when there's a scary scene that is not really scary for me, I still had fun with it. The characters were likeable and the performances were outstanding. Especially, the little girl who was the main focus of the movie. But, what made this movie was the Warrens. James Wan continued to develop Warrens' relationships and I really dug into their romance, without them, I doubt the movie will be even good. They were so sweet and this time, we got to see more from them. If there's one complaint I have with this is that it's how everything was resolved near the end. It felt a bit lazy for me tbh but in the end, I still really enjoyed it and recommend it.

Grade: A-