• Advertisement

CyanideFishbone's Music- Take 2

CyanideFishbone

God dang glitch deleted my friend.

Anyways, I just post music. Take it as a place where I recommend music and just post about music I like.

Anyways:

Song: The Last Kiss

Band: AFI

Album: Black Sails In The Sunset

Year: 1999

Genre: Post-hardcore

If there's one band I think is underrated on the 90's punk scene, it's AFI. Probably because they sold out and became a shitty emo kid "lol we're goth" pop punk band (Miss Murder is a guilty pleasure, kill me now). But man, when they were good, they were fucking fantastic. Despite what The Needle Drop says, Davey Havok (dumbass stage name) has a great voice. I don't even know why I like his voice, I just do. Anyways, The Art Of Drowning and Black Sails In The Sunset are some fantastic records.

Anyways, The Last Kiss. This (tied with Narrative Of Soul Against Soul and Clove Smoke Catharsis) are my favorite songs off Black Sails In The Sunset. This song is just this really gritty, dark song with this great sense of paranoia and just intensity. The weird guitar breakdown, "Please don't ask me what i think, trust me, you don't want to know." following, and just "I can't stop the insects that are feeding, pull the needles drawn beneath my skin" and everything. The fast drums in the start, and just a generally great, dark song. And yeah, I know it's about suicide. This song is simply awesome. It's a fast, dark, piece of post-hardcore that's even a little sad at parts. Highly recommend. "Do you like what I'm becoming?"

Song: Unknown Road

Band: Pennywise

Album: Unknown Road

Year: 1993

Genre: Hardcore punk, melodic hardcore, skate punk

People may dismiss Pennywise as a Bad Religion wannabe, but this band is damn good. They have great song writing and instrumentals (Just listen to the drums in this song, man) and this song is just a rush of adrenaline. The fast drums and guitar, and the piano in the opening. It's a rush of adrenaline from start to finish. Jim Lindberg's vocals are a plus too, guy's got a great voice. That's really it. Just a kickass song start to finish.

Edited by ChristmasFishbone