• Advertisement

Fantastic Four (2015)

Shark Tale

Discuss the movie everyone and their mother currently hates.

(I know Clappy is doing a review for this in his topic, but I figured this could deserve its own general topic for those who want to vent outside of status updates.)

So there's a lot wrong with this movie and right now I don't have time to get into it, but here's the one thing that for me sums it up perfectly:

Spoiler

Ben and Sue don't talk to each other because they're never on screen at the same time.

christ that bad? jeez lol actually I wouldn't be surprised if people said that :P

People said this was worse because at least you could make fun of Batman and Robin and that movie doesn't take itself seriously, while this movie takes itself seriously.

I'll consider torrenting it. I'm serious. I'm not gonna pay money for a movie that gets poor reception. Hell no.

I'll watch it (despite my lack of knowledge of the franchise) but I won't pay for it.

I'll consider torrenting it. I'm serious. I'm not gonna pay money for a movie that gets poor reception. Hell no.

I'll watch it (despite my lack of knowledge of the franchise) but I won't pay for it.

you don't have to say that you're serious lol. A movie this bad the publisher would be paying you to watch it. 

you don't have to say that you're serious lol. A movie this bad the publisher would be paying you to watch it. 

I thought people would think I would be foolish for me saying I wouldn't pay for it. Considering torrents were invented to teach the developers of games, TV shows and movies that their whatever is garbage, I don't think I was acting foolish at all.

JJS found this:

josh-trank-tweet.jpg

Looks like Fox meddled with it way too much. :/

It's hard to believe this was the guy who is behind all this. He directed Chronicle, which I've heard a lot praise and one of the writers of this movie is the writer of X-Men Days of Future Past. it's impossible for this movie to be awful.

Still working on my review for this, but all this talk about Josh Trank. Even if it's not the version he made with Fox meddling, his version still would have sucked. I know he said he was inspired by David Cronenberg movies while making this, but his "Cronenberg" take on this just doesn't work because it's the fucking Fantastic Four. Cronenberg and the Fantastic Four go together like ice cream and tomatoes. They just don't work in theory and clearly in execution.

Spoiler

Also this movie was bad before the incident led them to become the F4, but became far worse everything after that.

• Like 2

Still working on my review for this, but all this talk about Josh Trank. Even if it's not the version he made with Fox meddling, his version still would have sucked. I know he said he was inspired by David Cronenberg movies while making this, but his "Cronenberg" take on this just doesn't work because it's the fucking Fantastic Four. Cronenberg and the Fantastic Four go together like ice cream and tomatoes. They just don't work in theory and clearly in execution.

Spoiler

Also this movie was bad before the incident led them to become the F4, but became far worse everything after that.

How long that review is going to be? It's sounds like an extreme rant.