• Advertisement

Snowcember Ball Spin-Off War (WINNER ANNOUNCED)

Young Nug

Voting *CLOSED*  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the best story? *POLL CLOSED*

• "The SpongeBob Element" by Rev up those fryers
    • "Crime Wave" by OMJ
    • "'Twas the Night" by Urchees
    • "ChristmasBob" by tvguy
    • "The Greatest Game Show on Earth" by 4EverGreen

uJs6B2r.png

The goal of this contest is to bring a little competition to the table with your spin-offs. Here's what you'll do: 

• Submit a canon or non-canon written work involving the cast of SpongeBob in one way or another. If at least one SpongeBob character is not featured, you may not qualify. You may use an existing spin-off, or create a completely separate entry. 
  • Your creation may not exceed 1,000 words. 
  • Post in this thread by December 20, 2014.
  • Who will be voting? YOU! After December 20, a poll will be held to vote for the winner. The winner will receive 10,000 doubloons as well as a special Christmas fish (the generator will be returning). 

Have fun, and let the games begin!  :kicking:

• Like 5

Trailer for "The Spongebob Zone"

Spongebob: Uh, Sandy?

Sandy: Yeah?

Spongebob: I'm scared.

Sandy: You know how common these here planes crash? Ain't nuthin you need to be scared of, Spongebob.

Spongebob: Well, it's not really that but-

Sandy: Ain't nuthin you need to be scared of! Sheesh, you're a Scaredy Pants.

(Spongebob looks out the window)

Spongebob: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

Flight Attendant: Is there anything I can help you with?

Spongebob: M-m-monst-monst-m-m-monster on the w-w-win-wing!

Sandy: He's probably just daydreaming.

COMING SOMETIME

Second Trailer for "The Spongebob Zone"

Spongebob: AAAAH! SANDY! THE MONSTER'S GOT ME!

Sandy: Hold on there, little square dude-

(Sandy slips and is holding the airplane door from the outside)

Sandy: SPONGEBOB!

Spongebob (partially being swallowed): SANDY!

Sandy: If we don't make this out alive, I want to tell you, I like you, Spongebob!

Spongebob: I like you too, Sandy!

Both: AAAAAAH!

(We cut inside the plane)

Pilot: MAYDAY! MAYDAY! WERE CRASHING!

(Pilot pulls down a radio)

Pilot: Attention all passengers! PANIC! WE'RE GONNA CRASH!

(Everyone jumps out of their seat and runs around screaming)

COMING DECEMBER 13!

It's got action!

Sandy: Hold on there, little square dude-

(Sandy slips and is holding the airplane door from the outside)

Sandy: SPONGEBOB!

It's got horror!

Spongebob: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

It's got romance!

Sandy: If we don't make this out alive, I want to tell you, I like you, Spongebob!

Spongebob: I like you too, Sandy!

It's got apocalyptic situations!

(Monster breaks through the window)

Monster: RAAAAAAAH!

Fred: OH MY GOD!

(Fred jumps out the window)

Fred: MY LEG!

It's got all you need for the best spinoff ever!

(A bunch of pictures go by really fast)

Be prepared for December 13th...

THE SPONGEBOB ZONE!

Hopefully this reaches the word cut, felt my original version was too long so I cut some parts out for this entry, but you can find the full version here http://www.thesbcommunity.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10085-omjs-variety/?p=619329

This is supposed to be a teaser for something bigger that I might work on.

Crime Wave

???: Welcome to Bikini Bottom, the city of laughter, angry mobs and laugh box removal. From the dead soda drink hatters on Shallow Grave Road to the gangs of Conchton, and litter cells in Jellyfish Fields to the Skodwarde-worshipping neo-squizis in Tentacle Acres. I'm here to give you a closer look into this bikini bottom of dying hopes and dreams, blooming, blistering coral reefs and crabs beating around the bush that all make up this...great under garment.

We see Al Priss walking into view live from the Bikini Boardwalk.

image.jpg

Priss: Hi, I'm decorated Bikini Bottom Police Chief, Al Priss, star and asshole of cult hits such as S(lums)BU. Unlike the completely inaccurate portrayals portrayed therein, the BBPD, the Department of Health and the Sanitation Police are fighting a war out there everyday in a Bikini Bottom that has too often been stained by blood...of the innocent.

krusty-krab-training-vid-o.gif

Priss: Ah, the Krusty Krab, owned and operated by sole proprietor, Eugene Harold Krabs. This is where it all begins. Money going in and heart attacks going out. And hidden in between two seawheat sea buns, Neptune only knows what. The boss pays off a couple of low-level urchins a few bills (and not dollar bills if that's what you're thinking) and suddenly you have military-grade secret sauce, badly burnt food, drinks and shoes, and grade-a pickles from the Gulf of Mexico flooding our streets. And once it hits the streets, it's fun-induced chaos. A side of murder, hold the spicy coral bits. And you wonder why my wife tried to get that place banned. Take Plankton, or as he's known on the streets, "Puh-Lankton!" He's a hungry thug making illegal, unsanctioned chum in his secret chum lab within the confines of the Chum Bucket.

image.jpg

Priss: He's about to pull a fly-by on the Krusty Krab, cripple the competition and futily muscle his product into the food market. Now excuse me while I go notify the proper authority to handle this, an ambulance.

image.jpg

Priss: Or maybe the Chinese are dealing out some of their unhealthy, home-brewed orange chicken wares for sale on the black market to everybody bidding high. Could make just about anybody's noodle wet. Well, good thing me and the BBPD aren't just about anybody.

image.jpg

Priss: Or perhaps the Mexicans are breaking out of their taco shells to dabble their arms into the lucrative food trade or Italians slinging their old school, mozzarella-stuffed mentality to the masses. Even the Weenies are making moves and working miracles. The junkies need to satisfy their munchies fast, and I'm not talking about Tony Fast, I'm talking about "fast food". But who knows, who cares? Just as long as the consumers continue to consume, we'll be there to keep cleaning up the vomit.

We see SpongeBob and Patrick going door to door selling chocolate bars and coming across Tom Smith.

Priss: Word to the wise, kids. Never eat chocolate. It'll make you think you can prolong your life, grow a beard for your wife, walk through walls or keep you from getting a bad case of the Ugly. And not necessarily all in that order. They can sure help you rule the world though if you deal enough of the sweets on the streets. Just look at those two buffoons, looking like they just got back from a jellyfish convention down in Ukulele Bottom this weekend, thinking the fancy life is just gonna come to them. And most times, this illicit substance makes it way to the gangs

spongebob-chocolate-guy-o.gif

Priss: and the poor saps, so hyped up in their own sugar rush that they lose their shit and shell out all their life savings in exchange for all the chocolate. Brings a whole new meaning to chocolate...with nuts.

image.jpg

Priss: One of these aforementioned gangs being The Squares. Easily identifiable by their namesake squared pants and with an affinity for Kah-Rah-Tay, cleanliness, pineapple juice, fry food and catching SUDs, these living, breathing toilet cleaners have a tendency for driving sane, ordinary people batshit insane. But luckily for you, the BBPD and I aren't sane, ordinary people. And when they're not driving people off the deep end, they're more than likely driving themselves off the deep end. Literally. They are yellow after all. They're full of holes, but if you mess with them, you'll find yourself filled with holes as well. And while half the battle with them is fought with close combat, the other half is with tattletales. Sometimes, you have to be the bad guys to beat the bad guys.

image.jpg

Priss: But lets not take any attention away from their rivals, The Crown of Thorns. If you've been living under a rock like they've been, this dirt poor royal family of the fattest, pinkest starfishes in Bikini Bottom are the old, chewed up gum you step on of society. With a tendency to do nothing but jack and squat, you may be led to believe they're easy to restrain. Well, ask Squidward Tortellini. But like all families, they're known to fight amongst themselves. Being split into separate sets from the Lone Stars, to the Shooting Stars and Super Stars among other star-related puns and given the amount of stupidity that runs in this family, World War III to them is like a stolen chocolate bar or lollipop. And while we're more hands on with The Squares, with The Crown of Thorns, we take a more elementary approach.

Priss walks up to one of them.

Priss: Hey-ey! Don't get too crazy now! :)

Big Sister Sam: Sam already hearing voices, Al ::dolphin noise:: Piss!

Al gets back in his car and speeds away.

image.jpg

Priss: But not all crime is pre-meditated. Ah, Mrs. Puffs' Boating School, where the no child left behind act runs rampant through it's hallowed halls.

SpongeBob is seen failing all over her course while Mrs. Puff is having traumatic flashbacks. SpongeBob crashes into the lighthouse, causing Puff to blow up.

Priss: Driving school? Looking at that fat lard, I'd think this was cooking class. If crashing into various things and pedestrians is her way of teaching boat smarts, I would never send my kids here. John, Nancy, take her downtown.

Officers John and Nancy take Puff's stretcher away from the ambulance and wheel her into the back of a police truck.

Priss: It goes to prove that you don't always need to have criminal intent to cause potentially serious criminal damage. Or maybe you're an over righteous poppycock, making a living off of working for big business while protesting about the unfairness of corporations on the little guy by playing a sitar without a sitar license. Maybe strangling tattletales gets you off or stealing balloons on Free Balloon Day or stealing the priceless pearl/egg of Bubble Land star attraction, Clamu, on Free Day? Or even worse...littering. Don't think for a second that just because we celebrate two free days, that it automatically gives you a "get out of jail free" card. On our next episode, everybody wants the D in this town. Three D's, to be exact: Debauchery, Dollar and Death. The terrible threesome that all lead to one hard time behind bars. And speaking of threesome

image.jpg

Priss: I made some dinner plans. Don't go in too deep, citizens, or else you might just find yourself caught up in the Crime Wave.

Priss drives off, sirens blaring, clearing traffic out of the way as he speeds towards the Fancy restaurant.

A PoPo Production

• Like 4

My entry: 

'Twas the Night

’Twas the night before Christmas, and throughout Bikini Bottom,

Not a Gary was stirring, or a scary snow golem, 

The patties were fried with great care, 

In hopes that Santa would soon be there, 

A sponge, a star, and a squirrel were nestled in bed, 

While a cynical squid chose to read instead, 

And Mama Krabs began to prepare the feast,

With Mr. Krabs and daughter decorating the mantle piece, 

And all of a sudden I heard a loud SMASH, 

And as I arose this was followed by another thundering crash, 

Outside my window I looked,

And saw Officer Nancy arresting a crook, 

But out of nowhere flying high against the sky,

Was a sleigh led by reindeers carrying a fat guy,

He landed hard on my roof, 

Sound of twinkle and neighing hoofs, 

I ran outside the house and looked up from the snow,

And saw Old Saint Nick shouting a hearty, “Ho, ho, ho!” 

I replied precariously, “Santa, you’re early!” 

And went on to say, “It’s Christmas Eve merely!” 

Santa looked at me and smiled with acceptance, 

And said, “I bring good feelings and presents!” 

“Go back inside and fall into slumber,” 

“And when you awake you will find presents in great number,” 

“Yes, I have many more houses to visit,” 

“Many houses indeed, a great, large digit,”

I nodded, I understood, 

I felt great, I felt good, 

For under the sea in Bikini Bottom,

Saint Nick delivered on his end of the bargain, 

So I delivered on mine and decorated the scene,

Bikini Bottom became engulfed in bright reds and deep greens, 

With tinsel and snow, 

Twinkling lights and scented mistletoe, 

Lit-up great oaks,

And hearty, century-old jokes, 

The city was Christmas-ready,

As I spread the news of the Yeti, 

I woke the town up to sing in celebration, 

And we partied for hours in great jubilation, 

It was in the morning we finally slept,

And dreamt of the presents we’d get, 

When we did awake we jumped in great glee, 

For there were presents in great numbers hiding under the tree, 

The great Nick, the great Christmas Father, 

Had left a new lifting set for me, a red Christmas lobster. 

• Like 1

ChristmasBob

Out of nowhere, it seemed, snow had begun to fall in Bikini Bottom in the dead of night. Nobody took notice, of course, as not one fish was awake. Everyone was tucked away in the warmth of their beds, fires dying out and silence taking over. SpongeBob was dreaming when a loud crash outside the pineapple awoke him. He and Gary ran to the window and saw a group of Squidwards sprawled in a thin layer of snow. SpongeBob opened the window, a chilly blast of water hitting him, and called out. 

"What are you doing, Squidward?" 

There were five squids in total and all of them turned to look at SpongeBob. 

"Excuse me, but which house does Squidward Tentacles live in?" one said, nasally like Squidward. 

"Next door!" SpongeBob said. 

The squids hustled next door after having apparently awoken Patrick, who emerged out of his rock dazed and confused. The next morning, SpongeBob rose to a commotion in his neighbor's home. He trudged outside, snow still falling. As he neared Squidward's tiki, a lamp came flying out of the second story window. That can't be good, SpongeBob thought to himself. 

SpongeBob knocked and nobody answered. He allowed himself him. "Squidward! Squidward!" 

He went upstairs, following the sound of loud yelps and arguing, where he discovered his five squid cousins and Squidward fighting over a painting. 

"This thing is HIDEOUS!" yelled one of the younger squids, smashing it with one of his tentacles. 

"Squidward, why did you choose this as your profession? These are painful for my eyes," another mocked. 

"WHO let you in my house?!" screamed Squidward in despair, scooping up a sculpture from one of the squids. "I didn't even INVITE you here!" 

"We're your family, Squidward, calm down." 

"That doesn't give you the right to INSULT my --- SpongeBob, WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" 

SpongeBob walked in. "Why are you guys doing this to Squidward? He's a fantastic artist!" 

A squid snorted. "Ha! Squidward is about as good of an artist as he is a clarinet player!" 

"So he's great? That didn't make much sense," said SpongeBob.

"Er," paused the squid. 

"LEAVE my house," said Squidward. 

After further bickering, the squids filed out, leaving SpongeBob and Squidward to themselves. Squidward explained the squids had put Squidward down ever since he was little, but they believed he enjoyed their presence. Then Squidward wondered why he was venting to SpongeBob and kicked him out of his house. 

"Hmm," thought SpongeBob, the wheels in his head beginning to turn. "Squidward deserves better! I'm going to pay those squids a visit!" 

BUBBLE TRANSITION

"Well, this looks like the place," said SpongeBob. A giant sign reading "Squidward's Cousins' House" with an arrow pointing to the house below it hung. SpongeBob entered and immediately confronted the squids, who had been sitting in the middle of the room criticizing Squidward. 

"I'll have you know that Squidward is a wonderful person!" SpongeBob said. 

"Who are you? Do you even have a talent?" one of the squids said. They all roared in laughter. 

"I'm a fry cook, and a darned good one too," said SpongeBob. "But it's not about me, it's about---" 

"You're right --- It's about those big ugly holes in your face!" Again, laughter. 

"Hey! You need a ---" 

"And look at those puny legs ---" 

"And that ugly ---" 

They began making fun of SpongeBob and tearing up from laughing so hard. Standing outside the house looking in was Squidward, who had come to apologize to his squid cousins and invite them back for some hot chocolate. He was shocked. 

SpongeBob left dejected, feeling as though he had failed. Walking through Downtown Bikini Bottom, he discovered a new coffee shop that was decked out for the holidays. He entered and ordered one hot cocoa. Unexpectedly, Squidward walked in and sat beside SpongeBob. 

"Hey SpongeBob," he said. "I saw what you did for me." 

"Oh I'm so sorry Squidward!" SpongeBob bawled. "I sent them over to your house, I'm sorry!" 

Squidward thought a moment and awkwardly put a hand on SpongeBob's back. "Er... it's fine. They're mean anyway." 

They sat up and began talking and actually began laughing. They drank a few hot cocoas around the Christmas tree. 

• Like 2

The Spongebob Element

written by rev up those fryers

(We open to a shot of Spongebob crying, and then Patrick walks over)

Patrick: What's the matter, Spongebob?

Spongebob: I've got only one day left to live!

Patrick: Says who?

Spongebob: The doctor says there's no hope. The future marine biologists, stole my gills for examination!

Patrick: No. I will not let you go! I will get to them in their future dimension, whatever it takes!

(Patrick gears up and stands on a cliff)

Patrick: I will not let you down!

Spongebob: Uh, Patrick?

Patrick: Yes?

Spongebob: Can you let me down?

(Bubble transition to Sandy's Treedome)

Patrick: SANDY! I NEED AN INTERDIMENSIONAL PORTAL!

Sandy: Well, I have one right here but it requires extreme caution-

Patrick: No time to lose! I must save Spongebob's life!

Sandy: Uh oh.

(Cut to Patrick racing through doors to find future marine biologists lab)

Patrick: There it is!

(Patrick goes through the portal, and then we see Patrick below scientists)

Patrick: Alright. Here I go. FOR SPONGEBOB!!!!

(Patrick jumps up and grabs the gills and starts running and then this music starts playing: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SuP1boz5UFA)

Patrick: RAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

(We cut back to Sandy's dome, with Spongebob getting tired)

Spongebob: Can you pass the mayonnaise? oooohhh

Sandy: Oh no! Time is running out! Patrick, hurry!

(We cut back to Patrick, who is now at the dubstep part of the song and running through all the scientists and kicking and punching them in slow motion)

Patrick: NOOO OOOONNNNEEEE MMMMEEEESSSEEESSSS WWWWIIIIIITTTTTHHHHH SSSSSPPPPPOOOONNNNGGGGGEEEEEEBBBOOOBBBBB! (We then cut to normal speed)

Patrick: FEEL MY WRATH!!!!

(We see a flying taxi)

Patrick: AN ESCAPE ROUTE!

(Patrick jumps into the flying taxi)

Patrick: I need to get to an interdimensional portal and fast!

Taxi Driver: The bill?

(Patrick looks behind to see flying cop cars)

Patrick: THE COPS ARE AFTER US! (Taxi driver starts racing through the sky at top speed, and the music plays again)

Cops: STOP! FUGITIVE!

(The chase goes on until we see a red light and everyone stops for a minute, then goes)

Patrick: There it is!

Cops: STOP!

Patrick: Herе's my stop, gotta go bye!

Taxi Driver: But you never payed the bill!

(The cops rear end him)

(Patrick jumps in the portal and then goes through the doors)

Patrick: THE PORTAL'S CLOSING!

(We cut back to Sandy)

Spongebob: I doN'T reAqUire OuR modErN neEds, I JuSt piE

Sandy: Oh no! The portal must be closing!

(Patrick's hand comes out of the portal)

Sandy: I'll save you Patrick!

(Sandy pulls)

Sandy: Man, Patrick you need to lose some weight.

Patrick (from behind): I HEARD THAT!

(Sandy pulls and lifts him out)

Sandy: Patrick! You're alive!

Patrick: I know I am a genius and all, but it's Spongebob were helping.

Spongebob: TEMXBDJ

Patrick: Spongebob, these are yours. (hands his gills)

Spongebob: Thanks, Pal. I knew I could count on you.

THE END.

Yeah, I scrapped the Spongebob Zone idea. Maybe next year though.

It took some doing, but I managed to edit down one of my early "Total Cartoon Island" episodes, "The Greatest Game Show On Earth," so that it would come under 1,000 words. Please don't count this intro as the actual story. /

"The Greatest Game Show On Earth!" Sniz is on the dock and says: "Welcome to a special episode. This game show started with 22 contestants split into two teams. Their goal is simple. The teams are competing against each other for a chance to win $150,000 in cash. While the goal is easy, the obstacles put between the contestants and their chances to win are anything BUT! The two teams have to face hard challenges for invincibility, in order to avoid elimination, and from walking the Dock of Shame. But don't take MY word for it! Listen to the contestants themselves as they reminisce on "Total Cartoon Island!" / Camp Nickelodeon is all decorated for Christmas, as there are wreathes, ribbons, holly, LED blinking lights, tinsel, popcorn string, mistletoe, ornaments, and snow as far as the eye can see. Sniz announces over the loudspeaker to wake all the campers up! Sniz says: "Listen up campers! Be sure to dress warm today! It's the season for giving and the giving starts in the cafeteria in 10 minutes! / I'm glad you're all here. I know you campers have some differences with each other, but I'm asking you to put that aside. This is going to be a happy challenge, especially for a bunch of lucky orphans! You see, Camp Nickelodeon believes in making dreams come true. And today, you'll be making 1,000 dreams come true. In this challenge, all you have to do is wrap up all the gifts in the cafeteria, and sort them out to where they are going. Then using the naughty or nice list, you will determine whether someone deserves a gift, or if it should go to someone else. Whichever team does the best job overall wins invincibility, and their favorite Christmas presents as a bonus! The losers send someone home!"

(Confessional) Ren says: "I was hoping for something special, but nobody sent ME a Christmas card this year! I already know I'm not the most popular cartoon! Does there have to be a holiday season to emphasize it?" / Spongebob says: "I love winter; I can catch snowflakes on my tongue! I'll tell you one thing; it was a REAL shame to lose Patrick." / Reggie says: "Incidentally, I know how Ren feels about Christmas, Getting depressed and everything. It happens to me every year. I never get what I really want. I always get a lot of toys, or a bicycle or clothes, or something like that. What I really want is real estate." / Patty says: "I wonder if I can contact Santa Claus with this Confessional. I think I'll try it! Dear Santa Claus, how have you been? Did you have a nice summer? How is your wife? I have been EXTRA good this year, so I have a long list of presents that I want. (Pulls out list)" / Rocko says: "Australia is one of the few countries I know of where Christmas takes place during summer. I wonder if that Aang guy celebrates Christmas? He wasn't on my team, but I think Angelica messed up his talent performance in the talent challenge, leading to Aang's elimination. I'm keeping my eye on Angelica." / Suzie says: "Personally, I prefer to celebrate Kwanzaa. But Christmas is also good." / Stimpy says: "It's all about the magic! You've just got to believe in yourself and your team. I believe in all of them! Even Ren! He might have been eliminated once, but I don't think he will get eliminated again! As long as Ren is on a team with me, I feel as though I can accomplish anything!" (End confessional)

Sniz says: "Starting at 8 AM, you have 10 hours to do all the wrapping and sorting. I hope the best team wins this challenge. On your marks, get set, (Jingle!) go!" And the two teams begin their packing! Ren, Spongebob, Patty, Lil, Rocko, Suzie, Sandy, and Stimpy all turn out to be good gift wrappers, and they make good decisions about who should get the Christmas gifts! Jimmy and Bunny waste time with inventions that do more harm then good when wrapping the Christmas presents, Reggie's clumsiness slows down the wrapping of the Christmas gifts, Otto and Angelica don't even try, Treeflower and Norbert only do okay. So at 6 PM, it's time for Sniz to decide which team has done the better job. Sniz says: "The Screaming Cats, you win! You've wrapped 642 gifts and correctly sorted out gifts for 96% of them! Killer Beavers, you lose since you wrapped only 358 gifts and only correctly sorted out 32% of them. One Killer Beaver will be HOME for Christmas!" / At the bonfire, the Killer Beavers are facing judgment. Sniz says: "In addition to getting a marshmallow, you will also get hot cocoa to enjoy for this Christmas vote-off. I've got 7 campers but only 6 marshmallows. When I call your name, come up to claim a marshmallow. The camper who doesn't receive a marshmallow must immediately go to the Dock of Shame, catch the Boat of Losers, and leave. And you can never come back, EVER! Rocko, Norbert, Treeflower, Reggie, Otto. Campers, this is the final marshmallow of the evening.

(Dramatic music plays.) Jimmy. Sorry Bunny, it looks like you have to hop on the bunny trail back home." Bunny says: "I would've done SO much better if this was an Easter competition!" And he jumps to the Boat of Losers. Sniz says: "The rest of you are safe, for tonight." (Confessional) Otto says: "I don't wonder what Angelica is going to get for Christmas, I KNOW! She's going to get coal because she's been a MEAN little lady! There's no way that she's NOT on the Naughty list! At least I'm honest with others, so I think there's a good chance I could get something good this year. One can always hope." (End confessional)