• Advertisement

Top Ten Season One Episodes

bestrfcplayer

Here are my top 10 season one episodes, along with the two worst ones. Really tough because of the high quality that season one had.

10.F.U.N- Best Plankton centered episode IMO. Song is catchy too which helps and isn't overused. (85/100)

9. Boating School- First one with Mrs.Puff, as well as introducing the gag with Spongebob not being able to drive. Understandable here as he freaks out at the end when he can't get help from Patrick who feels guilty about cheating (88/100)

8. Plankton- Introduces the series main villain in a funny way. Very quotable with pretty much all of the jokes working. "Plankton: 1%evil, 99% hot gas." (91/100)

7. Help Wanted- the one that started it all. Very well written, all of the jokes work and the ending is funny too (92/100)

6. Pickles- great plot where Sponge gets some character development with a great twist at the end (93/100)

5. Employee of the Month- funny at how much Squidward and Spongebob will go to win an award. Plot has great pacing and the jokes flow smoothly. (93.5/100)

4. Ripped Pants- Great story with an even better moral and song is great too (95/100)

3. Suds- While the moral is there, it's a unique one that works for this episode. Doctor themed jokes work wonders too (95.5/100)

2. Culture Shock- Very funny episodes with another great moral. Overall production is fantastic. (97/100)

1. Pizza Delivery- You all knew this would be here. A fantastic episode where the humor comes from the two characters playing off of each other. All the jokes are nailed perfectly as well as the funny twist at the end (99.5/100)

Two worst

1. The Paper- not really funny and hardly anything going on in the episode. Spongebob's first real atrocity (75.5/100)

2. Texas- A bit unnecessary, the plot is boring, and Sandy's voice actor really can't sing all too well (78/100)

Note: I'm calling The Paper an atrocity because of the such low production and lazy writing of the episode. A real atrocity in my eyes is anything that I give less than a 65/100.