• Advertisement

Behind-the-Scenes of Team Battles

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

As you all know, the new Team Battles are a huge hit! But what led up to its release? In the spirit of Octerror Fest, here are some screenshots of the coding and the work behind it. :)

Screen%20Shot%202012-10-09%20at%2012.53.58%20AM.png

Here is where I made the entire thing. Everything made in Team Battles is made in RobloxStudio, a program that comes with Roblox that allows you to build your own places.

Screen%20Shot%202012-10-09%20at%2012.55.19%20AM.png

Here is what it looks like when I select something in Team Battles. I can alter it to however I like. ;)

Screen%20Shot%202012-10-09%20at%2012.54.06%20AM.png

Here is some coding that takes place in Team Battles. As you can see, it's the basic outline of the entire game. The script is made in Lua. Oddly enough, I didn't have hardly any prior experience with Lua before I started making Team Battles. It took me about three weeks to make this entire thing!

Screen%20Shot%202012-10-09%20at%201.08.10%20AM.png

Also, a lot of frustration happened when I was making Team Battles. I had to figure out a system to where you could buy a weapon on SBC, and somehow transfer it over to Roblox without any direct connection and make it non-cheatable. Eventually, I figured out a system (took me a week alone!) that would efficiently do just that. The system uses PHP on SBC's end to generate a number (your weaponcode) based off your Roblox username and weapon, and the system uses Lua on Roblox's end to generate every possible weaponcode on your Roblox username. Then whenever you say "weaponcode ####", Roblox will check to see if that number matches any of the generated numbers, and if it does, it'll hand you your weapon. It's a bit complicated, yes, which is exactly why it took me so long to make! :l

If you want to see other parts of Team Battle, feel free to ask. :D