• Advertisement

The IT Crowd

terminoob

For a British sitcom, it's probably the one that is most American-friendly - that is, Americans can understand it and actually laugh at it, unlike apparently most of our comedy.

Anyway, the best thing about The IT Crowd is that for the first two series Chris Morris was in it - that's right, the same Chris Morris who did The Day Today, Brass Eye, and the film 'Four Lions'. A real comedic genius. When he left (although he still made some appearances in his character) his "son" replaced him, played by Matt Berry, who is just as good. ("FAATTHER!!") He recently starred in a pilot during Channel 4's Funny Fortnight in "Toast of London", which I really hope they pick up for a full series.

The best episode IMO is probably the one that will make the least sense to anyone who doesn't live in the UK. It's called "The Final Countdown" and is based around the long-running Countdown game show shown on the same channel as The IT Crowd. The other great episode is "Work Outing".

The IT Crowd ran for four series and, when the cast are finally all ready to film it, a final special to end the show.

Here are some choice clips.

If you must watch one, watch this one:

For a British sitcom, it's probably the one that is most American-friendly - that is, Americans can understand it and actually laugh at it, unlike apparently most of our comedy.

So basically we're fucking idiots because some of us don't enjoy British humor?

Right, because us not laughing at most of your shitty, dry comedy shows apparently means that we don't understand or get it.

Anyway, i'll watch this on netflix at my dads house. It doesn't look too shabby.

So basically we're fucking idiots because some of us don't enjoy British humor?

Right, because us not laughing at most of your shitty, dry comedy shows apparently means that we don't understand or get it.

Anyway, i'll watch this on netflix at my dads house. It doesn't look too shabby.

You guys took that way more seriously than I ever intended it to sound! What I was saying was that non-Britons can enjoy it more than other British comedies.

And I don't know where you got the idea that all of our comedy is dry. Take a look at Father Ted and Mrs. Brown's Boys for example!