• Advertisement

The Electric Garage; Or, The Topic Where Renegade Posts His Music

Rebel the Wolfgirl

So, after much thought and admitted procrastination, here I am (finally) making a topic to post my music under, partly inspired by @Young Nug's own music sharing topic. 

With that out of the way, let's get down to business to defeat the Huns and answer some questions you probably aren't gonna ask, but I'm gonna answer anyway.

What kind of music do you make?:

Horror/garage punk and psychobilly.

What do you use to make music, and how do you approach making music?:

I use Pro Tools First (for necessity's sake, since my cerebral palsy would make playing most instruments needlessly difficult); as for my approach to music, I operate on a practical "less is more" style - all my songs are built upon simple tom-and-snare drumbeats and chord progressions (50s, 12-bar, 8-bar, and 16-bar blues) and recorded in a quick, dirty fashion. I record in as few takes as possible (2 at most) and use little to no overdubbing, with the mixes being as raw as possibly feasible.

What are your songs about, lyrically speaking?:

Generally speaking, my lyrics deal with the common themes of my genres i.e. cheesy B-movies, cars, sex, and exploitative violence. They're not meant to be taken seriously whatsoever.

What bands/artists influence you?:

The Cramps, Hasil Adkins, The Misfits, The Sonics, early Captain Beefheart, The Beach Boys, Tom Waits, Reverend Horton Heat, Tiger Army, Little Richard, Twin Temple, Devo, the B-52s, the Dead Kennedys, the Ramones, Green Jello, GWAR, Robert Johnson, The Mummies, Alice Cooper, the Rolling Stones...I think that's enough.

------

With that out of the way, expect me to post some demos real soon.