• Advertisement

A Little Reminder

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

I would like to take a moment out of everyone's time to remind you that while outside sites are a lot of fun, they can be harmful. I won't beat around the bush: what happened with Cbox was not appropriate, but it's also not the first time that SBC has seen this kind of drama. There's a reason why the Xat itself became "unofficial" and separated from SBC's ban system: because whatever happens outside of SBC is outside of SBC. We see this kind of thing happen with SBM's unofficial /r/sbm where so much drama happens and there's little that SBM can do about it.

While @Cream, @The Lich, and I do not wish to ban such sites because they can be fun, we do wish to make a reminder: be careful on any site that is outside of SBC. It's very easy to take for granted the safe space and calm that SBC provides and say that nobody would attack you, but what happened on Cbox proves otherwise.

Our general advise with these kinds of websites: if something bad happens, step away from it. Please. The drama isn't worth it. The best way to end drama is to not let it happen in the first place.

And to whoever said the bad things: it's ok to be mad at someone, but please at least do it in a healthy way. If you want, we can schedule a time so that you can peacefully vent to that person on Xat and be constructive. But you're not the better person if you trash them through anonymity. I promise that doing it in a healthy way would make you feel so much better than what you've done on Cbox.

I'm locking this topic so that there's no further accusations or drama stirred. Just know that this is important and everyone should be aware of what's going on.