• Advertisement

CW's DC Shows Discussion (aka Arrowverse)

BoJack Horseman

I know there's a thread for Arrow and Flash but I didn't want to make seperate topics for Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow and I didn't want to bump Arrow and Flash topics as well, so I decided to make a topic of all these 4 DC shows that airs on CW. These shows are pretty flawed but they are just the most fun superhero shows out there. They had some ups and downs but in the end, they are still entertaining to watch with seeing adventures of characters I deeply care about.

To me it took a while for Arrow to find it's identity but it paid off pretty well. I really liked season 1, despite it's slow start and love triangle thing and it only got better and better near the end. IMO season 2 is one of the best comic cook adaptations ever. It was overcrowded but it never felt messy to me. It took it's time to flesh out almost all of the characters and the ending was so satisfying. Sadly I have to agree with a lot of people that the show went downhill during season 3. It still had strong stuff like Ray as ATOM, Thea as Speedy and Laurel Lance as Black Canary but as the season went on, it really got more dramatic and stupid that it really frustrated me. Not the mention Olicity ship dragged on so much. Season 4 had a strong start but after Flash crossover, it became almost as dramatic and stupid as season 3. Now season 5 started and so far it's up there with season 1-2 and hopefully it'll stay that way. I dug the new team and I'm so interested in the last flashbacks and Prometeus looks so threatening.

First season of Flash started off amazingly and it ended amazingly. I really enjoyed season 2 but couple of latter episodes, especially the finale wasn't my cup of tea, especially how I didn't care for Zoom later on and Barry started to make dumb decisions. Season 3 started off poorly but I enjoyed last three episodes but hopefully this season will be just as amazing as first season.

Legends of Tomorrow was pretty messy in first season. Hawkgirl and Savage were poorly-written characters, Hawkguy wasn't even here most of the time, so I didn't care too much about him and Rİp Hunter had ups and downs. But other characters were just fun and I loved how they handled Sara, Snart and Mick, who I didn't care for in Flash but this series made me love him. Last couple of season 1 episodes were just so much fun and season 2 made this show the funniest show out of 4. It's perhaps the most improved DC show at the moment imo.

Supergirl started off shaky but later on first season got better for me and season 2 is great so far. I loved Supergirl, Superman being in first two season 2 episodes were amazing and other characters such as Alex, Hank, Maggie and James are also great. Atm my favorite DC show.

To sum up my opinion (not including current seasons) Arrow season 2 > Flash season 1 > Arrow season 1 > Supergirl season 1 > Flash season 2 > Legends of Tomorrow season 1 > Arrow season 4 > Arrow season 3

Discuss here.

Oh and I'm so excited for "Invasion" crossover for all four shows at the end of this month :plankton2: 

Wow, the crossover is off to a great start, I don't know where to begin. Here's a spoiler just in case.

Spoiler

I loved almost everything about it, so I'm just gonna talk bits about my negatives with this episode.

- Yeah, this episode's pacing and editing felt a bit off at times, especially at first 10 minutes of it. It's just the episode had a pretty rush start with bringing all of superweroes together but still could have been worse.

-  Wally's subplot was kind of unnecessary and I didn't like Joe and Iris trying to stop Wally from all this. I'm just tired of "I want to project you" cliche. If Wally wants to be a hero, let him. You let Barry to be a hero. Just make him Kid Flash already and make him deal with better plots. Tho I'll say, I liked the exchange between H.R. and Wally. I hope to see more from those two.

- I honestly feel like Dig is taking not too sad about the whole him having a daughter before. I mean It'd be too dramatic and cringeworthy to have him get mad at Barry through the episode but still I wish he'd be more sad about this because his daughter got erased. Well, the whole Flashpoint drama is the main issue of season 3 of Flash anyway.

here's what I'm so positive about the episode.

- First things first, I'm okay with Cisco being mad at Barry for the whole situation of his brother is killed because Barry changed the timeline. I know it's what everyone's so mad at and I don't want Cisco being mad at Barry for so long but can you blame him really? If Barry realized the consequences of time, none of this  would happen. Thawne basicly said to not mess with the timeline and Barry made a choice to not save his mom because of it. He moved on, yet he made this whole mess. I get Cisco really. Plus as much as I miss comic relief Cisco this season and I want Cisco/Barry dynamic to be back to normal, can't a quippy character feel sadness as an emotion too? I don't see what's so bad about it, yet everyone keeps complaining about it. Nice to see him having different feelings too. Still just end Flashpoint drama.

- the action was completely satisfying for sure. I especially loved how Barry and Kara fought each other, as well as Ollie and Sara.

- Wally kicking superheroes who got possesed by aliens was pretty sweet tbh.

- Sara having crush on Supergirl. Just <333333333333333

- I loved how Ollie was once again mentor to Barry about the whole Flashpoint situation. Once again, Barry and Ollie dynamic never disappoints. Same with how Kara is with Barry no matter what. Kara/Barry friendship is always so sweet.

- the interraction between Mick and Kara was so hilarious. Mick is easily one of the best Arrowverse characters now, if not the best. He can interact with everyone and make us smile on our faces. Never change Mick.

- "I guess it's illegal to get mad at Barry". Same Cisco, same.

- Dig's reactions to unsual stuff never gets old. Him puking when Barry saved both of them from Vigilantine and other part when he found himself in drugs when he saw time machine ship. Gold stuff.

- I like how no one can take down Supergirl. :D 

- I think Stein having a daughter will be interesting for sure. Caitlyn keeping him company was pretty sweet too.

- I'm glad the story with Stein and Jax finding Barry's future message tied in here. Thank god, that storyline didn't drag on.

- "Best team up ever."

- I'm glad Lyla will be more involved in this crossover. Lyla is so great, she needs more love.

- Iris' reaction to Ollie being Green Arrow was cute. TBH I'd react same, Ollie is such a hunk.

- H.G. <333333333333333333333333333333333. Oh god I wasn't so happy with H.G. replacing Harry at first but now I just love how he's just so sweet and he sucks up to the team and Cisco's annoyance by him is still gold. Him and Wally will have a good dynamic in future of the show for sure.

- I like how aliens at least have a motivation why they are attacking humans. They just wanted to know more about humans, instead humans responded to them with war years before.

Overall, I'm so impressed by this first part, despite issues I have. Definitely the best episode of Flash season 3, next to The New Rogues.

Grade: A-

Now for here's what I've been waiting for so long. Arrow part of the crossover. 100TH EPISODE!!!! :plankton2: