• Advertisement

Something happened with my Spongecraft

The Drifter

Guest hilaryfan80

That's.... interesting. (smirk) It looks like a graphics card issue to me. Your computer isn't able to keep up with the chunk loading.

You can do several things to try to fix this issue. You can uninstall SpongeCraft and reinstall it - doing so will delete all of the configuration files and make fresh new one. If you don't want to bite the bullet (I'd make reinstalling SC a last resort), you can also try to go into your video options and turn down a few things, or you can reset default settings and see if that helps. You would not believe the power of shutting down your computer! No, not a restart, I mean actually shutting it down. The reason why shutting down has benefits is it completely wipes the memory out of everything on the computer, so your computer's useful functions (like your graphics card) starts fresh when you turn it back on. This doesn't happen on a reboot.

If you'd like, I can also take a look at your computer if you give me access via join.me. :)

As a side note, I've redacted your YouTube video due to your SC password being in it. The staff can see it through edit history, so it's in safe hands and we can still help you. ^_^

1 hour ago, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

That's.... interesting.  It looks like a graphics card issue to me. Your computer isn't able to keep up with the chunk loading. (smirk)

You can do several things to try to fix this issue. You can uninstall SpongeCraft and reinstall it - doing so will delete all of the configuration files and make fresh new one. If you don't want to bite the bullet (I'd make reinstalling SC a last resort), you can also try to go into your video options and turn down a few things, or you can reset default settings and see if that helps. You would not believe the power of shutting down your computer! No, not a restart, I mean actually shutting it down. The reason why shutting down has benefits is it completely wipes the memory out of everything on the computer, so your computer's useful functions (like your graphics card) starts fresh when you turn it back on. This doesn't happen on a reboot.

If you'd like, I can also take a look at your computer if you give me access via join.me. :)

As a side note, I've redacted your YouTube video due to your SC password being in it. The staff can see it through edit history, so it's in safe hands and we can still help you. ^_^

lol I can run Fallout 4 but my Laptop borked with Minecraft? Java really is a bad platform for video game :P

Also, this glitch happens after I use the Ragecraft texture pack featured in the SC launcher. Right before that my Minecraft is still in the real world and haven't went into inception. And I will look into your advice.sbthumbs.png

Extra note: When I tried to post this, the forum displays some error. I forgot to take screenshots though.

Guest hilaryfan80
34 minutes ago, The Drifter said:

lol I can run Fallout 4 but my Laptop borked with Minecraft? Java really is a bad platform for video game :P

Also, this glitch happens after I use the Ragecraft texture pack featured in the SC launcher. Right before that my Minecraft is still in the real world and haven't went into inception. And I will look into your advice.sbthumbs.png

Extra note: When I tried to post this, the forum displays some error. I forgot to take screenshots though.

...then you know what the problem is! It has to be the texture pack. :P