• Advertisement

Miss Appear

TJ

Miss Appear

Ep.53 "Whatever Happened to Katherine?"

Molly's Narration: "You see things and you say why. But I dream things that never were and I say why not?"

Cross Household

The episode begins with Molly arriving in the living room, all dressed and ready for school.

Marilyn gets up from the table, where she'd been going over some of her case files. Taking off her reading glasses, she gives Molly a stern look.

"About time! You're gonna be late, again." Marilyn said.

"Sorry, mom, I've just been... off lately." Molly said.

"You're stretching yourself too thin, methinks." Marilyn said. "All that volunteering you do with the youth division of the Bikini Bottom Restoration Project, on top of homework and volleyball."

"Well, it provides me with community service hours, which I need. Plus, it's the ONLY way I can help out the city now that you've banned me from being Kid Appear!" Molly complained.

"Molly, please! Not this again. You've been singing the same song for months." Marilyn said. 

"Half of Bikini Bottom went up in flames thanks to all those explosions Dirty Dan caused, then Katherine disappeared!" Molly said.

"Honey, I know! It's not like these last seven months have been a dream - in fact, they've been a nightmare that I can't wake up from. My daughter, your sister, is GONE." Marilyn said.

"So why don't you let me put on the mask and help the city as Kid Appear? The crime rates have been on the rise for months, and you won't let me do a damn thing about it!" Molly argued.

"Watch your tone, young lady." Marilyn said.

"I get it. You want me to be safe. You don't want me to disappear like Katherine." Molly said.

"I want you to be a normal high school girl. My god... you're a high schooler now. Where did the time go." Marilyn said, reflecting.

"Mom... I can be so much more." Molly said.

"Molls, get to school, please. I have so many case files to go over. I'm so backed up. But, after I got out of that coma, I realized that I needed to put my law degree to use at last." Marilyn said.

"And I should be putting my powers to use." Molly said, turning invisible and storming out of the house.

Marilyn groaned. "Why does she do that lately?"

----

Mermalair

In the lair, Bonnie reviewed the monitors, while Tim went ham on a punching bag.

"Tim, dammit! Can you be anymore distracting?" Bonnie asked.

"What the hell? Just trying to keep in shape. Especially since there's been so much damn crime lately. I'm almost at my wits' end." Tim said frustrated.

Bonnie walked over to him. "I understand. It's been... a difficult few months."

"Yeah, I feel like I'm basically protecting the city alone." Tim said, shading Bonnie.

"Excuse me?" Bonnie asked.

"That sonic device you used to wear... it mutated your lungs, providing you with a natural sonic scream." Tim said. "However, you refuse to use it."

"It's dangerous and out of control, Tim! I opened my mouth and KILLED Pinhead Larry with one scream. Since then, I vowed never to use it on anybody." Bonnie said.

"You won't even try to practice to make it more stable!" Tim argued.

"Tim, I can't, okay? What do you even care? I'm a skilled fighter, and I'm out there EVERY NIGHT alongside you fighting all of the crime that's surged in the city." Bonnie said.

"But if we had your sonic scream as a tool in our disposal, we could turn the tide against the wave of crime we've encountered." Tim replied.

"I'm sorry. My answer is no..." Bonnie said.

At that moment, the elevator door to the mermalair opened, as Analise stepped out.

Tim and Bonnie were both shocked and surprised.

"Analise!" Bonnie said, as she ran over to hug her.

"Annie, you're back. It's been... three months, yeah?" Tim asked.

"After Kathrine had been gone so long, I knew I had to travel the sea... and look for her." Analise said, with pain in her eyes. "But, in all the time I've been gone. I haven't found anything."

"That sucks." Bonnie said, disappointed.

"Yeah, we really need Kathy back." Tim said. "With Miss Appear gone, the Snake Eyes think they can do whatever they want. They've been recruiting more impressionable young "kids" into their gangs. It's been hell out there."

"Yeah, and Tim was just pressuring me to use my newfound clam cry to turn the tides." Bonnie told Analise.

Analise gave Tim a disapproving look.

"You know how destructive her scream is. We all tested it out in the Bikini Bottom Forest. Total decimation of that area we were in." Analise recalled.

"Oh come on! It wasn't that bad! Not if she can get a handle on it, but she has to at least try." Tim said.

"Tim, I think you're just a little crabby, because Adam left a few months ago." Bonnie said.

"Do I miss Adam? Hell yeah, but he chose to get out of this shithole. A shithole that I am trying my hardest to put back to it's former glory." Tim said.

"Bikini Bottom will be fine." Bonnie said.

"It hasn't been so far." Tim said, shaking his head.

"Okay, forget about the surge in crime. The Bikini Bottom Restoration Project has been making great gains. They've rebuilt so much of the destroyed parts of the city in just half a year." Bonnie noted.

"Uh, Tim... I think you need to clear your head a little. How about you take a little walk with me." Analise said.

"What? Where?" Tim asked.

"The Krusty Krab. A girl just got back in town, and she's hungry!" Analise said, referring to herself.

"I'll continue to check over the monitors." Bonnie said, as she whispered a 'thank you' to Analise.

Analise silently nodded, while Tim was getting onto the elevator.

The scene shifts, as the pair arrives inside the Krusty Krab. Analise immediately notices April, who is dressed in police officer attire.

"Uh, Tim... find us a table, yeah?" Analise asked him.

"Sure thing." Tim said, confused.

April finished paying for her meal, to-go, as Analise approached her.

"Analise..." April said, a bit caught off guard.

"April Argotto, nice to see you." Analise said.

"I didn't know you were back in town." April said.

"I didn't know you were a... cop now?" Analise questioned.

"Oh yeah, six long grueling months, just to call this badge mines." April said, briefly pulling out her badge.

"What inspired you? To go into law enforcement, I mean?" Analise asked.

"Seeing Bikini Bottom become lawless after the terrorist attack by Dirty Dan." April said. "Ya know, that was all around the same time that Katherine just dropped off the face of the Earth."

"April, not this again..." Analise said, sighing.

"No, no, I'm really curious." April said. "Whatever happened to Katherine?

Analise bit her tongue.

"You can't keep keeping the truth from me!" April said, emotionally. "She was my girlfriend."

"April, I don't know what happened to her. That's the total, complete truth. I promise." Analise said.

"Then why do I still not believe you?" April said, storming off.

Analise sighed, as she went over to the table that Tim had chosen for them.

"That seemed intense." Tim said.

"That was Katherine's, uhh, girlfriend." Analise said. "Well, former girlfriend, at this point."

"I'm aware. Anyway, can we order now? Or was this less about food and more about you trying to give me some stern talking-to?" Tim questioned.

"The latter, maybe." Analise teased.

Tim crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

"Tim, it's just me and you now. Tell me what's going on." Analise said.

"What do you mean?" Tim asked.

"Don't think Bonnie hasn't sent me updates about the two of you from time to time. In one of those updates, she says you've hardened a lot. I got a front row seat to that today when I came back." Analise said.

"Katherine disappeared, Adam left..." Tim said, as he began to breathe heavy.

"It's okay to let your emotions out. It's 2019, I'm sure you know that, right?" Analise asked.

"It's just, I've dealt with a lot of that in my life." Tim said, holding back his tears.

"What?" Analise asked.

"People leaving." Tim said, finally allowing himself to cry.

"... Mermaid Man?" Analise asked, after thinking it over for a second. "That's what all of this has reminded you of, hasn't it?"

"Yeah, maybe a bit. After he left the scene, I couldn't do it alone." Tim replied.

"The hero thing... or life?" Analise asked.

"Both." Tim admitted. "He was my best friend. It sucks that I don't get to have him around everyday."

"Well, I'm not gonna ask where he is, because I know you won't tell me." Analise said.

"Now, Adam's left me too. I still loved him." Tim said.

"Did you tell him that?" Analise asked.

"Why do you think he left?" Tim asked.

Analise's eyes widened.

"Love is hard. Especially losing the one you love." Analise said, putting her hand of Tim's.

"Tell me about it." Tim said.

"And hey. You may have lost people, but don't forget about the ones who are still here." Analise said, flashing him a warm smile.

"Thanks Annie." Tim replied, smiling back.

----

Michael's Apartment

Molly knocked on the door to Michael's apartment, as he opened in a hurry.

"Molly, what's up? What are you doing here?" Michael asked.

"I came straight over here after school. We need to talk about mom." Molly said, walking in and tossing her bookbag on his couch. "Oooh, nice couch."

"Molly, what is this about? Mom driving you nuts? That's exactly why I got my own place. No parents to tell me what to do." Michael said, smiling.

"Well, I am still a few years away from being able to legally do that, but in the meantime, I have to find some middle ground with our mother." Molly said, pacing back and forth.

"Whoa, whoa, chill out. Tell me what's got you so worked up." Michael said.

"She won't let me be Kid Appear." Molly said.

"For good reason! Look what happened to our sister." Michael said.

"More the reason that I should be out there taking up her mantle! I mean, the city is not safe right now." Molly said.

"Mom doesn't want you to end up dead." Michael said.

"We don't know that Katherine's dead." Molly said.

"It's been seven months. We don't know anything. That's... not a good sign." Michael said.

"Doesn't mean that it's a bad one." Molly said, determined to remain positive.

"I can see you really trying to keep it together. It's okay to fall apart." Michael said.

"That's not what this is." Molly said, shaking her head.

"Molls..." 

"Why aren't you out there? I mean, you're an adult who isn't confined to mom's rules. You can do what you want, so why not become a superhero?" Molly asked.

"I vowed never to use my powers of hypnosis ever again. That's something I'm standing by." Michael said.

Molly went silent.

"The last time I did, I was a supervillain who terrorized his own family." Michael said.

"That wasn't you, not really." Molly said, trying to soothe his pain of recollection.

"No, that was Mindcross, and I don't wanna be him again. Ever again." Michael said, with a serious tone.

"I get it. Using your powers would sink you back into a dark place. And after you got out of rehab... I get not wanting to risk it." Molly said, nodding.

"I'm glad you understand." Michael said.

"I can understand you. I just wish mom could understand me." Molly said, sighing.

----

Bikini Bottom Police Department

At the BBPD, April arrived in the breakroom, as she warmed up her sandwich in the microwave.

"Argotto, why didn't you tell me you stopped by the Krusty Krab?" Detweiler joked upon entering the room.

April laughed. "Nah, sir, I stopped by there early this morning. I'm just warming up my leftovers. Long shift, ya know?" 

"I get it. I told you being a cop was gonna be hard work, but you've been sailing through. You were one of the most promising recruits, and I recognized that from the beginning." Detweiler said.

"Thank you, it really means a lot." April said.

"No problem." Detweiler said, as he left out.

"Sucking up to the boss?" Garcia asked, as he was sitting down at a table.

"Why don't you finish your dinner and worry less about me." April said.

"Didn't mean to be rude." Garcia said.

"And yet..." April replied.

"What's bitten you in the butt?" Garcia asked.

"I don't know, maybe that my girlfriend's been missing for seven months and her friend and loved ones won't fess up about it!" April blurted out.

"Wow..." Garcia said.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to blurt all of that out. I'm just... frustrated." April said.

"Who is this girl? Maybe we have a missing person's case on her." Garcia stated.

"Nah, her friends and family didn't file one." April said. "Her name's Katherine Cross." 

"Wait... Cross?" Garcia asked.

"You know her?" April asked.

"Oh yeah. She used to work here at the station. We were partners for a while." Garcia revealed. "Never cared too much for her, though, I gotta be honest."

"Well, she's been missing. I lose sleep every single night wondering where... and why..." April said, visibly frustrated.

"Well, you're talking to a police detective here, kid." Garcia said.

"What do you mean?" April asked.

"I could help you, ya know?" Garcia offered.

"You wanna help me investigate this?" April asked.

"A little off-the-books side project never hurt anybody, right?" Garcia replied.

April chuckled. "Wait, but I thought you said you never cared much for her?" 

"Yeah, but deep down I knew she was a good kid. Just one caught up in a lot of... odd shit." Garcia said.

"Odd shit?" April asked.

"I mean, yeah. A number of weird things have surrounded Cross since as long as I've known her." Garcia said.

"Then how about we go ahead and untangle some of these threads? And maybe that can lead us to wherever Katherine's disappeared to in present day." April said.

"Let's do it." Garcia said, raising his eyebrows.

----

Mermalair

In the lair, something popped up on the monitor.

"Guys!" Bonnie said.

Analise and Tim rushed over.

"What is it?" Tim asked.

"I think we're looking at a drug shipment in a back alley. Prawn's bakery." Bonnie said.

"Why is that spot so popular?" Analise questioned.

"Alright, suit up." Tim told them.

"Actually, I'll stay and watch over the monitors, but you guys go." Analise said.

"Well, it'll probably be a simple beat down, so let's do it." Bonnie said, looking at Tim.

After Tim and Bonnie suited up, they made their Prawn's Bakery, stationing themselves on the roof.

Down below, five gang members were seen standing behind a truck, unloading boxes.

"Got em!" Bonnie said.

"Seems too easy... and sloppy." Tim said, concerned that something was off.

"With Miss Appear gone, of course they all think they can be sloppy with it. Let's go!" Bonnie said, jumping down into the alley. Tim jumped down after her.

The five gang members turned around, seeing them approaching. They pulled out their guns, but Tim tossed a mermarang, which knocked all of the guns out of their hands.

Bonnie swiftly took down three of the guys, as Tim beat down the remaining two. 

"Hey... check those boxes." Tim said.

Bonnie opened up the ones sitting on the ground.

"There's nothing in them but bubble wrap!" Bonnie said, shocked.

"Something's off!" Tim said.

The two turned around, hearing multiple footsteps.

Dozens of gang members came out of the shadows, all pointing guns at the two heroes.

"Oh shit..." Tim said, a bit unnerved.

A tall, bulky man stepped forward, sporting a buzz cut.

"Lester Lewis, is it? One of Dirty Dan's top gangsters. How does it feel to know that we totally decimated the Snake Eyes?" Tim asked.

"Do we look decimated?" Lester asked, raising his gun.

"It looks like you've led young, innocent kids astray in an attempt to rebuild what was brought down." Tim said.

"The Snake Eyes will never go away. Cut off one head, another will grow in it's place!" Lester said. "Light em up!"

Before they could shoot at the two, Bonnie released her clam cry. A massive sonic scream emitted that tore power cable, tore through the gang members, and wrecked some of the area. 

As Bonnie quickly stopped, Tim shot a grappling hook and took Bonnie by the waist, pulling both of them to safety. 

The scene shifts, as we see the both of them back at the Mermalair.

"What the hell happened out there?" Analise asked, concerned.

"The snakes set us up." Tim said.

"They probably thought if they got rid of the both of us, crime in the city could continue unimpeded." Bonnie said.

"Did you use your clam cry?" Analise asked.

Bonnie sighed. "Unfortunately. It was life or death for me and Tim. I chose the former." 

"I see..." Analise said.

"Oh god, I don't even know if those guys are dead or alive!" Bonnie said, emotionally.

"Bonnie, I'm sorry it had to come to that." Tim said.

"Are you really?" Bonnie questioned.

"Look, I will never ask you to do that again, alright?" Tim made clear.

"Yeah, whatever." Bonnie said, taking in a big gulp of air.

----

Krusty Krab

Molly and Marilyn were having dinner at the Krusty Krab.

"You haven't touched your krabby patty." Marilyn said.

"Not hungry." Molly said, dipping her kelp fries in sauce.

"Did you go and see your brother today?" Marilyn asked.

"Did he tell you that?" Molly asked.

"No, some things I can just... feel. I don't need to be a mind reader like you." Marilyn said.

"I asked Michael for some perspective on you." Molly said.

"Me?" Marilyn asked.

"How to deal with you clipping my wings!" Molly said.

Marilyn bust out in laughter. "Honey, no one is quote unquote clipping your wings. I just want you to have a normal life." Marilyn said, as she began to talk low.

"Normal by your standards. But, I see a different way for myself. And lately, I've been asking... why not?"

"You're under my roof, Molly. Don't push this, please." Marilyn said.

"Fine, whatever." Molly said, angrily.

At that moment, three masked robbers stormed into the restaurant.

"EVERYONE, HANDS UP!" one of the robbers said, pointing his gun around.

Panic began, as customers and employees alike screamed in terror.

"This is ridiculous! Has this city fallen to it's knees so much that it's not even safe to eat out with your kids in a family restaurant?" Marilyn questioned, as she stood up.

"Mom!" Molly said, standing up as well.

"Shut your trap, lady! We're here for the money in that cash register over there... along with any valuables that you customers all might have, hahaha." the robber spoke.

Marilyn could tell that Molly wanted to do something.

"Molly, don't try to play the hero..." Marilyn whispered.

Molly gave her mother an angry glare.

Suddenly, a loud claw-like noise was heard, as the robbers' bodies were cut up by a seemingly invisible force.

Within seconds, the robbers dropped dead.

"Oh my god." Marilyn said, shocked.

The entire restaurant was in disbelief.

"Everyone remain calm! The police are on their way!" an employee said, from the back.

"What the hell just killed those robbers?" Marilyn asked, turning to Molly.

"More like who." Molly said. "And whoever it is, I don't think they're good news." 

----

Unknown

The scene shifts to a serene place, with deep blue skies, warm breeze, and bright sunlight. 

We pan to an open temple. Inside, Katherine is seen laying on top of a stone table structure. She appears to be asleep, or unconscious. A white nightgown outfits her body.

Suddenly, her fingers begin to move, her knees lift a little, and her eyes begin to open. Her vision appears blurry, but a white light glows near her, as it transforms into a woman.

The woman, dressed in a priestess-like outfit, hovers over Katherine, which scares her a bit.

Slowly, a scared Katherine regains her bodily functions, as she gently lifts up.

"W-what happened? W-w-where am I?" Katherine asked, with her heart beating fast and chills racing across her skin.

"Take it slow." the woman replied, softly.

Katherine stared at her intensely.

"You are safe here." the woman continued.

"Where is here?" Katherine asked.

"You are inside the Clear." the woman revealed.

"The what?" Katherine asked.

The woman slightly chuckled. "My dear, you are a part of something much bigger than you ever realized."

Katherine didn't exactly know how to feel, but she was knew that this was certainly about to be the start of something... strange.

NOTES:

• It's been seven months since Katherine / Miss Appear vanished.
  • April has become a cop, working at the BBPD. She and Garcia decide to investigate Katherine's past in order to find out where she is now.
  • Bonnie has refrained from using her newly developed sonic scream out of fear of it's destructiveness.
  • It is revealed that Adam left the team and city. Tim claims that this was because he told Adam that he still loved him.
  • Marilyn has banned Molly from being Kid Appear, which has caused frustration in their relationship.
  •  
    • An unknown, invisible assailant brutally murdered three robbers in the Krusty Krab. Who might this person be? And what are their intentions?
    •  
      • Katherine awakens in an unknown place, being told that she is in "the Clear".
  • Like 1

Miss Appear

Ep.54 "The Clear"

Katherine's Narration: "Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."

The Clear

The scene shifts to a serene place, with deep blue skies, warm breeze, and bright sunlight. 

We pan to an open temple. Inside, Katherine is seen laying on top of a stone table structure. She appears to be asleep, or unconscious. A white nightgown outfits her body.

Suddenly, her fingers begin to move, her knees lift a little, and her eyes begin to open. Her vision appears blurry, but a white light glows near her, as it transforms into a woman. 

The woman, dressed in a priestess-like outfit, hovers over Katherine, which scares her a bit.

Slowly, a scared Katherine regains her bodily functions, as she gently lifts up.

"W-what happened? W-w-where am I?" Katherine asked, with her heart beating fast and chills racing across her skin.

"Take it slow." the woman replied, softly.

Katherine stared at her intensely.

"You are safe here." the woman continued.

"Where is here?" Katherine asked.

"You are inside the Clear." the woman revealed.

"The what?" Katherine asked.

The woman slightly chuckled. "My dear, you are a part of something much bigger than you ever realized."

"Who are you?" Katherine asked.

"I am a manifestation of the Clear. But, you may call me Cecile." the woman said, with a smile.

"So, you're a spirit? That's... not weird at all." Katherine said, awkwardly.

"I can tell that you're very skeptical. Maybe feeling a bit unsafe. But, Katherine, you need not feel those things." Cecile told her. 

"You know my name..." Katherine said.

"I know everything about you." Cecile said, as she began to walk off.

"Hey, wait!" Katherine said, following after her.

The two arrived outside on the steps of the open temple. Katherine took in her surroundings, noting the deep blue skies and the serene-but-eerie feel.

"I feel like I'm in a dream." Katherine said.

"Nope, you're just in an alternate plane of existence." Cecile told her.

"Nothing here seems natural. It seems synthetic, but magical." Katherine noted.

"Of course. After all, isn't everything in nature a little bit magical?" Cecile stated, as she returned to the inside of the temple.

"Hmm, I guess so." Katherine said, following after her. "Ma'am, I don't understand..."

"Understand what?" Cecile asked.

"What happened to me. How I got here. I remember my entire body just... disappearing. Then, I wake up here." Katherine said.

"You might have been feeling your powers acting iffy before you disappeared." Cecile said.

"Yeah. They were working, then they went away, and then they started working again. Ya know, before they devoured my body!" Katherine said.

"Your powers didn't devour you." Cecile said, with a giggle. "It was the Clear descending upon you. Pulling you in and calling you home." Cecile said.

"Why?" Katherine asked.

"As your powers grew, it was inevitable that you'd access the Clear. After all, your powers come from here." Cecile told her.

"What? I thought I was born with my gifts." Katherine said.

"It's not that you weren't exactly, it's just that upon birth, the Clear chose you." Cecile revealed.

"For what?" Katherine questioned.

"To be one of it's warriors. To harness it's gifts, powers, abilities..." Cecile revealed.

"Was I the only one?" Katherine asked, thinking it over for a moment.

"Of course not. The Clear has empowered hundreds across centuries. Through every universe and dimension. Across all of space and time." Cecile told her.

"Like my sister, Molly?" Katherine asked.

"You and your sister share a blessing." Cecile said.

"The power of invisibility and telekinesis. Sure do." Katherine said, as she put her hands on her hips.

"My dear... you think you have telekinesis?" Cecile asked, with a laugh. "You have a lot to learn. And I think that's why you're here."

Katherine raised her eyebrows.

----

Bikini Bottom

Mermalair

In the lair, Bonnie watched as Tim worked on a strange new invention.

"You've been designing those glasses for months. What are they supposed to be? Or do?" Bonnie asked, over his shoulder.

"Emit heat. I'm fashioning them as a weapon for me to use in the field." Tim said.

"Oh crap, heat vision?" Bonnie questioned.

"I was thinking of naming it something like... sulfur vision." Tim said, scratching his head.

"I can't help but think that you've been designing this, because I won't use my clam cry." Bonnie said.

"Bonnie, I have no problem anymore with you not using it. I told you this already." Tim said.

"Yeah, well, you can be underhanded sometimes." Bonnie said.

"And you can be annoying most of the time." Tim tease.

"You're an ass." Bonnie whispered.

Suddenly, the Mermalair's systems got an alert.

"Crime? Tim questioned.

"No, no..." Bonnie said, pulling up live feed. "Mayor Krabs is giving a speech at City Hall." 

"Your dad..." Tim said.

"He's nothing to me." Bonnie said.

The two watched as Krabs' speech began.

"Good morning, citizens of Bikini Bottom. I want to take this time out to extend gratitude to the people behind the Bikini Bottom Restoration Project." Krabs said, to much applause. "Seriously, they have done tremendous work in helping to restore the city after the attack of terror inflicted by Dirty Dan. But, out of the ashes, Bikini Bottom has remained triumphant! Now, there's... another matter that I've been wanting to speak on. For about a year, actually."

Bonnie raised an eyebrow.

"You see, I have another daughter." Krabs revealed, inciting a loud range of reactions. "Pearl, who I adopted, was not my first child. As a young man, I unknowingly conceived a daughter with a childhood friend. This daughter, who was the one to find me, is now a grown woman. For security purposes, I won't reveal her identity, but I will say that I hope you get the chance to see her by my side in the future." Krabs finished, as he hurried off stage with his security detail.

Bonnie was absolutely stunned.

Tim looked at her, wanting to reach out, but unsure how to.

"... Bonnie, you okay?" Tim finally asked.

"I- um... yeah, yeah." Bonnie said, in a daze of emotions.

----

The Clear

Katherine had changed into some nomadic-like, white colored clothes given to her by Cecile. She met the mysterious spirit outside the temple, in the courtyard.

"So, you told me that I had a lot to learn about myself... my powers." Katherine said, rubbing her arm.

"Well, you're all changed into comfortable clothes now, so why don't we begin." Cecile said.

"Oh boy, where to start." Katherine said, half-sarcastically.

"First of all, you do not have telekinesis, but through use of your powers... you've been able to simulate it." Cecile revealed to her.

"So... so... what are my powers? I've just spitballed a definition all this time." Katherine said. "Now it seems like I don't even know what I can do."

"You have the ability to render yourself, others, and objects wholly or partially invisible at will by mentally bending all wavelengths of visible, infrared, and ultraviolet light." Cecile told her.

"Well, I pretty much got that. Go on." Katherine said.

"As an extension of your invisibility powers, you can also mentally generate psionic fields of invisible force drawn from the Clear, to which you are able to manipulate for a variety of effects. You can shape your fields into simplistic invisible constructs such as barriers, columns, cylinders, domes, platforms, ramps... and the list goes on." Cecile continued.

"I tamper with barriers often. Interesting to know." Katherine said.

"But did you know that by generating additional force behind these constructs, you are able to use them as offensive weapons?" Cecile asked.

"I didn't." Katherine said. "I'd like to learn how." 

"As I knew you would. Follow me." Cecile said, with a smile.

The scene shifts, as the two are shown walking through a beautiful, lush park. Trees, bushes, and the warm bask of sunlight made Katherine feel good. 

"It's like... this place exemplifies the real world... even though it isn't?" Katherine questioned.

"The Clear, as a dimension, is a manifestation of the beauties that exist on Earth. That's very true. But it's own thing, through and through." Cecile told her.

The two came upon a tree filled with hanging apples.

"Are we here to eat?" Katherine asked, humorously.

"I want you to strike down one of these apples. How about... that one hanging in the center?" Cecile asked.

"With what? My telekinesis-like power?" Katherine asked.

"There you go with that again." Cecile said, laughing. "The energy of your invisible force fields can be manipulated to wrap around objects or other people to simulate telekinesis."

"Ah, I see..." Katherine said.

"Though, that is now what I am asking you to do." Cecile said. "I want you to strike down the branch holding the apple with an invisible disc." 

"How do I..." Katherine started.

"Like this..." Cecile said, as she curved her right hand together and waved it out at one of the branches. An invisible disc released from her hand, cutting down the branch, as the apple falls to the ground.

"Whoa..." Katherine said. "Alright, I'll give it a whirl."

Katherine did as Cecile had done, but produced a slightly larger disc that cut down five different branches. Her cheeks turned red from embarrassment. 

"Sorry... overkill, I guess!" Katherine said.

"No, no. Now we have more apples to... bake a pie!" Cecile spitballed.

Katherine playfully shook her head.

----

Bonnie's Apartment

Bonnie was seen sitting on the couch, watching the evening news reports.

"Seven months after the Devastation of Bikini Bottom, the city's beloved her, it's cloaked crusader, Miss Appear, is still nowhere to be seen. With crime rates on the steady rise, one has to question: whatever happened to Miss Appear?" Perch Perkins spoke.

"Wondering the same thing..." Bonnie whispered to herself.

"In other news, last week's confrontation on the docks between the Black Clam and alleged gangsters, has still left hundreds in some parts of the city without power, thanks to the hero's sonic scream tearing down power lines." Perch Perkins said. "Along with that, some damage to the docks, which have left people questioning if superheroes like Black Clam are doing more harm than good, especially at a time where the city is trying to recover through the efforts of the restoration project."

Bonnie seemed annoyed and upset. "Yeah, make me feel worse about it." 

Suddenly, there was a knock on her apartment door. Bonnie got up and looked out the peep hole, surprised to see Krabs standing in the doorway, surronded by six members of his security team.

Bonnie opened her door. "Mayor Krabs..." 

"Why so formal, Bonnie? I think there's something else you'd rather call me." Krabs whispered.

"Ohhh, I certainly have some choice words. None of them include 'dad' or 'father'." Bonnie said, angrily.

"Gentlemen, I'm gonna step inside and have a word with my daughter." Krabs told them, as they nodded. "If she... lets me."

Bonnie sighed. "Just come in."

Krabs walked inside, as Bonnie closed the door shut.

"What do you want?" Bonnie asked.

"Okay, I'm assuming you haven't seen my speech this morning." Krabs said.

"Oh, I saw it. And they were mentioning it again on the news, just before their little report on Miss Appear's seven month disappearance." Bonnie said.

"So... why are you so angry with me? I told everyone the truth. That I have another daughter." Krabs said.

"Because it took you almost a year to do so!" Bonnie said, emotionally. "You didn't want to acknowledge me back when you found out. You tried to hide it, even from me." 

"I was wrong." Krabs said.

"You said that last year too, but... it still took you like eight months to claim me to the public?" Bonnie asked.

"I was going to, I swear! But, then the Devastation happened, Miss Appear vanished, and the city was thrown into chaos. They needed a mayor they could RELY on in that time of crisis. It coming out that I had a secret daughter? After everything that went wrong with the previous mayor hiding things about his life? Like his son, Shadow? I couldn't risk causing a controversy at a time when the city needed saving and soothing."

"I'll... uh, take your little spiel into consideration." Bonnie said, sarcastically.

"You're still so hurt, and I'm sorry that I caused that." Krabs said, trying to hold his own emotions together.

"SHE'S DEAD!" Bonnie shouted out, as she finally let her tears flow.

"... W-w-what?" Krabs asked.

"My mother, the woman you knocked up." Bonnie said. "She finally passed five months ago."

"I'm so sorry..." Krabs said.

"I flew out to Karate Island - alone. I buried her - alone." Bonnie said. "All the while, my father was not there for me. I thought that when I buried my mother, that would be the last time I had a parent in my life." 

"Doesn't have to be, I'm here." Krabs said.

"That's the thing. I don't want you here." Bonnie replied.

"I wanna be your father." Krabs expressed, with a look of pain flashed across his face.

"Too late." Bonnie whispered.

Krabs nodded. "I really hope you come around, because I am not giving up on you."

With that, Krabs quickly left.

Bonnie stood there, feeling more torn than ever.

----

The Clear

At the temple, Katherine and Cecile sat on the floor, with both sitting criss cross as Katherine meditated.

After a few moments, Katherine opened her eyes. "Whoa..."

"What is is?" Cecile asked.

"You were right. Meditating here in the Clear made me feel... powerful. I'm not even sure if that's the right word, but I was in tune with myself and the power within me. It was like I was energized." Katherine stated.

"Like a battery." Cecile replied.

"Exactly." Katherine said.

"Here in the Clear, you are literally engulfed by your power. In the outside world, you can call on the Clear to increase those powers." Cecile told her.

"It's all so strange, but... amazing." Katherine divulged.

"And it's getting you ready." Cecile mentioned.

"Wait... ready for what?" Katherine asked.

Cecile looked uneasy now.

"Just tell me." Katherine said.

"As I told you before, the Clear has empowered individuals across the centuries to fight for the world." Cecile said. "A lot of would-be disasters through history were prevented because our 'invisible' soldiers acted to stop them. Natural disasters, assassinations, the list goes on."

"So, there were invisible heroes before I showed up?" Katherine asked.

"Behind the scenes. You are the first to go on and become a public superhero." Cecile replied.

"I can... stop natural disasters?" Katherine questioned.

"Your powers will grow beyond a scope you could have only dreamed about before." Cecile told her.

"Hmm.." Katherine said, thinking it over. "And speaking off assassinations... who exactly was doing the assassinating? If that's even a word."

"A group that's also been invisible to history. Only this group are not of the supernatural variety. They are skilled assassins, a highly dangerous team of individuals." Cecile said.

"Are they the threat that's coming? The something you've seemed to be inferring?" Katherine asked.

"No. The threat that's coming is even more powerful.... because he's one of you." Cecile revealed.

"As in... powered by the Clear?" Katherine asked.

"Indeed. And he's determined to find others. And to destroy the Clear." Cecile revealed.

"Who is he?" Katherine questioned.

"Killian Collins." Cecile spoke.

"Killian? Well... that's not on the nose or anything." Katherine said, sarcastically.

"He's had years of practice with his ability. Far exceeding your time with your powers." Cecile warned.

"So I train here... for now, and then I go back home and stop him." Katherine said, intensely.

"If that's what you desire." Cecile said, proudly.

----

Mermalair

The next morning, Bonnie is seen arriving at the Mermalair, as she sees Tim on the computer system.

"Good morning, Barnacle Boy." Bonnie said, teasingly.

"Good morning. You look pretty rough." Tim said, turning around to her.

"Yeah, well... I couldn't really sleep last night." Bonnie said, walking over to him.

"Everything alright?" Tim asked.

"Krabs came to visit me yesterday." Bonnie said.

"No joke?" Tim questioned.

"Security detail and all. Me and him talked in my apartment alone though." Bonnie stated.

"And?" Tim asked.

"He apologized. Fed me all this crap about how he wanted to acknowledge me as his daughter beforehand, but the crisis in the city prevented him from doing it." Bonnie told him.

"I mean... from a logical standpoint, it makes sense. Every mayor or mayor-elect this city's had over the past few years has been rocked by some insane controversy or near assassination. Actual assassination in Martin Roger's case." Tim said.

"Look, I get all of that. I actually do. But, how he acted before the Devastation of Bikini Bottom even took place...? Even going as far as to fake the paternity test? That still hurts." Bonnie said.

"So, do you ever see yourself forgiving him?" Tim asked.

Bonnie was hesitant to answer the question. "Ya know, I told him about my mother's death, and how I was alone for all of that." 

"Bonnie, you know me or Annie would have dropped everything and went to Karate Island to help you bury your mother." Tim said.

"That's not what this is about. This is about my father not being there." Bonnie said. "He wasn't there then, so I don't want him there now."

"What are you saying?" Tim asked.

"I've accepted that I have no parents on this planet. I am all alone." Bonnie said.

Tim sighed, unsure how to change her troubled stance. "Look, I loved to continue this, but something a bit more pressing at the moment requires our... professional attention." Tim said.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Bonnie said, wanting to talk about anything else anyway.

"Remember when I hacked into the BBPD a few months ago?" Tim asked.

"Yeah, to get ahead of leads for all the crime we were dealing with. I didn't even blame you, it's been hell out there the past half year." Bonnie said.

"Yeah, well, I came across some intel today. For a case they just opened up." Tim said.

"And what case is that?" Bonnie questioned.

"And invisible assailant who has so far stabbed up multiple criminals in the city over the past week. Including two men who tried to rob the Krust Krab." Tim said.

"Whoa, this is... weird." Bonnie said. "How has this assailant murdered these criminals?"

"Stab wounds, leaving 'claw-marks'." Tim revealed.

"Claw-marks? Are you serious? Are we dealing with an invisible catfish here?" Bonnie questioned, humorously.

"The fact that we're dealing with an invisible-anything is cause for concern, wouldn't you say?" Tim asked.

"You think this could be related to Katherine?" Bonnie asked.

"What if it could be Katherine?" Tim asked.

"Unless she's become Crosskill again, that wouldn't make any sense..." Bonnie said, refuting the idea.

"We don't know what happened to Katherine. We have no idea what's become of her or if she even knows what's become of her." Tim said.

"Let me get this straight. You think she's a scattered-brain, violent, serial killer now? Who has no idea what she's doing?" Bonnie questioned.

"Maybe?" Tim shrugged.

"Then, you don't have the same faith in her that the rest of us do." Bonnie replied.

"Trust me, I do." Tim said. "I just wouldn't put anything past this crazy world we live in." 

"Well, after aliens literally dropped out of the sky last year, I'd have to agree with you there." Bonnie replied.

NOTES:

• Katherine discovers that the Clear is a spiritual realm that gave her abilities upon birth, and has given multiple others the same power across the eons.
  • Krabs reveals to the city that he has another daughter. 
  • During the time gap between seasons, Bonnie's mother passed away on Karate Island.
  • Katherine learns new sides to her powers, and also that she does not possess telekinesis, but rather can create force fields around objects to simulate a telekinetic effect. These new powers liken her to the real life, Invisible Woman.
  • Dirty Dan's attack on the city in the Season 4 finale, has been named the "Devastation of Bikini Bottom".
  • Cecile warns Katherine about a man named Killian Collins, a user of the the Clear that is out to hunt down others like him and Katherine. 
  • Tim discovers that the BBPD is building a case on the invisible assailant that has been cutting up criminals in the city with it's 'claws'.
  • Like 1