• Advertisement

Harry vs. Edward (If I need to move this to the Off Topic Lounge or something, let me know)

Deli

I looked through the Literature section and saw nothing about Twilight!!

THANK. GOD.

Me? I HATE this book. The plot development is poor, the characters are stiff and one dimensional, and Meyer practically squeezed her Thesaurus dry. But the worst thing is that Meyer is so damn full of herself that she won't even pay attention to how many people want to tie a noose around her neck. AND the fact that people think Twilight is even past the level of Harry Potter. WHAT. THE. HELL.

Harry vs. Edward

Edward: Edward is supposed to be the 'perfect guy'. HeÔÇÖs described as 'sexy'. He has no problem getting Bella into the bedroom. But he leaves Bella because he thinks himself to ÔÇÿdangerousÔÇÖ, but really just makes her a giant suicidal mess.

Harry: Harry has believable personality flaws. HeÔÇÖs stubborn, and tends to have a really bad temper at times. He jumps into things without thinking them through. He has to wait for Ginny, not get her instantly. He leaves her because he might die trying to save the world from Voldemort.

Edward: Edward suffers no great losses throughout the Twilight Saga, though he is ready to kill himself over losing one girl, despite him still having a loving (and, in my opinion, more interesting) family.

Harry: Harry has suffered great losses from day one. His parents, Sirius, Tonks, Lupin, Moody, Hedwig, Dumbledore, ect. He keeps going despite these losses, and seems to recognize that staying miserable about it will only hinder him.

Edward: Edward has no problem getting rid of any enemy that comes his way, always winning. He kills James and Victoria easily, plays a big role in defeating the Volturi. He beats out Jacob Black in winning BellaÔÇÖs heart.

Harry: Harry can not easily defeat enemies. He almost dies several times. ItÔÇÖs a struggle for him to overcome Voldemort, and he does it over a long period of time, not able to kill him in one battle. If you consider it, Voldemort did kill him at one point.

See? Anywho, all of these were points I typed out from other rants people have made and added some of my own opinions. Some of this material isn't entirely mine.

Rant. Over.