• Advertisement

Someone Special

WWESpongefan

Someone Special

Chapter Thirty Eight

Melody felt so many emotions at the same time. She was glad that she fixed things with Roman, but at the same time she kept thinking about her brother and worrying about her mom. She knew that she had overreacted and decided to move back into Roman's house. Roman was happy to help her move back in. Melody honestly was tired of moving from place to place, she hoped that she would stay this time. Once she unpacked she noticed that Roman seemed busy so she went out on his back porch and looked out at the ocean, this was something she always did when a lot was on her mind. She leaned up against the guard rail and put her hands up to her face and started crying. Roman had been watching her and knew that she was upset. Melody didn't seem to notice him come out. He put his hand on her back and gently started rubbing her back. Melody wiped her face, stood up straight, turned around and saw Roman standing in front of her. They both seemed to know what was coming next. Melody only took two steps before she was in his arms, they knew each other so well at this point, they've know each other for almost a year now. Melody knew that when she was upset Roman would comfort her, Roman knew that when she had a lot on her mind that she would go outside to think and when she was upset he knew that she liked it when he wrapped his arms around her and kiss her until she felt better and said what was bothering her. When they first met and Melody would get upset, it would be hard for her to open up to him, but now he had learned that Melody didn't just need someone to talk to, but also someone that would hold her in their arms as she cried and leaned her head into their chest. This is what Melody was doing now, crying as she buried her head into his chest. It took a few minutes, but Melody calmed down as Roman kissed her head, held her close, rubbed her back and she listened to his heartbeat as she felt hers beat against him. When she stopped crying and started wiping her face Roman started talking to her.

"You're upset... Talk to me Melody... What's bothering you?"

Melody sighed and took in a breath, held it in for a second before letting it out.

"I don't know if it was the best idea to leave my mom so soon... Her and John were really close. I'm just worried about her. I... can't believe he's really gone... It should have been me, not him."

"No... Melody don't say something like that."

"I really should be dead... If he hadn't of donated blood for me that one time I probably would be dead... They say the parents are supposed to go before the kids. I'm his older sister... I've had many close calls while trying to sort my life out. But John... He had his whole life ahead of him, he didn't even get to graduate high school. It's not fair."

"I know it's not fair, but sometimes things happen that we have no control over."

"I just feel that with my dad and my brother that we had some things that were left unsaid... Their deaths were unexpected and I guess that's why it's bothering me so much."

"You told me about your dad briefly... He's the one that got you into WWE, you said that he cheated on your mom, but wanted to make things right. He tried to be there for you and went to all of your concerts. Even though he made mistakes... He was very proud of you, and he loved you. As for your brother, you told me that you didn't always get along, but he loved you enough to donate blood for you and save your life."

"I just wish that there was something that I could have done for him, but he died on his way to the hospital... At least it was a quick death and not a slow and painful death... My grandpa... He had cancer and he sat in a hospital bed for months dying a slow and painful death. I guess why my dad, and my brother's death bothered me so bad was because it was unexpected... I was still upset when my grandpa died, but I always had the hope that he would get better. He was old and very sick so his death wasn't really a surprise to me."

"Death is a hard thing to cope with, but I'm going to be here for you for as long as I can."

"It happened a few days ago, his funeral is tomorrow, that's going to be the hardest thing for me to get through... Will you come with me?"

"Of course... You don't have to ask."

Melody actually smiled at him and hugged him.

"Now let's go inside... I know it seemed like I was busy, but I was just fixing us something to eat, but something told me that you were upset so I came out here to be with you. The food should be ready now, come on I think you'll like this."

Roman smiled at her, she smiled back at him and took his hand intertwining their fingers. Roman opened the screen door and allowed her to go in first. Melody was confused at first because it was dark all throughout the house. Roman closed the door and took her hand.

"Follow me."

Melody did as she was told, she followed him until she heard light music and saw a table with flowers and candles. She was surprised as Roman led her to a seat.

"Have a seat Melody... I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Ok."

Melody for the moment forgot her sadness and smiled at everything Roman had done. He had music playing in the background, flowers on the table, a dark room with a candlelight. Roman came back a few minutes later with two plates, he set one down in front of her and he put one on his side of the table. He went back in the kitchen for a minute and then brought them drinks. Melody didn't really like alcoholic beverages so Roman decided that he wouldn't drink anything alcoholic either. She really liked lemonade so he thought she would be ok with lemonade, he went with lemonade too. He had made a chicken pasta with salad and bread sticks. Lemonade actually went really well with pasta. She smiled at him as he sat down across from her. She took a bite of her pasta and then said something to him.

"This is amazing Roman... all of this. The food is amazing and I absolutely love the scene... the music, the flowers, the dark room candle light dinner for two. It's perfect."

Roman smiled at her and responded back.

"I was hoping you would like it."

They were quiet for a few minutes as they ate and listened to the music. Melody wasn't used to anything really romantic like this, Roman was her first boyfriend after all. Roman had done all of this for her and Melody couldn't stop smiling. Roman was so happy to see a smile on her face, he would do anything to see her smile. They finished eating and their eyes met, it was dark in the room other than the candle lights and she wondered if Roman could tell if she was blushing. He kept smiling at her, the candle light in the room seemed to make her face light up. She was blushing hard and he did notice. He even laughed a little.

"What's so funny? Why do you keep staring at me?"

"You're beautiful Melody... I think it's absolutely adorable... the way you look away and blush."

Melody did this and Roman laughed.

"See... there you go again. That's cute Melody."

Melody laughed a little and looked at him.

"I can't help it... you make me blush... Well what about you?"

"What about me?"

"Look at you... You're every girl's dream... You're the type of guy that every girl wants... You're an athlete..."

She blushed really hard as she said the next part.

"You're the definition of sexy, you're super sweet, you can cook, and you're a gentleman."

Melody was quiet now as Roman looked at her. He had a smirk on his face.

"The definition of sexy huh?"

Melody was blushing so hard and now started laughing.

"Yeah... You're the sexy, hot guy that any woman would want to be with, you're tall, strong, your eyes are amazing... not every woman likes a man with long hair, but I would argue that you have the best hair in the world... You're like a Samoan Thor."

"Yeah... I've heard that. I have The Superman Punch so people call me Superman, but I've heard a lot of people compare me to Thor too."

"I just can't believe I was almost stupid enough to walk from the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"You're not stupid Melody... you just needed time to think. We're back together now and that's what matters."

They were both quiet for a moment and just listened to the music, it was slow and soft. Roman smiled as an idea came to him. He looked over at Melody and she looked away from him blushing again, he got up from his seat and made his way over to her.

"What are you doing?"

Roman bowed his head down at her and held out his hand.

"Dance with me Melody."

Melody looked up at him and smiled before talking his hand, she got up and they made their way away from the table and into his living room where they had more room. The music could still be heard and there was just enough light for them to see. Roman put one hand on her shoulder and his other hand on her back, Melody did the same thing as they smiled, looked into each other's eyes and danced to the music. Roman looked at her and saw that she was still wearing her necklace.

"You're still wearing the necklace I see."

"Yeah... I haven't taken it off since you gave it back to me... I may never take it off again. I want it to always be with me... To always have you with me."

Roman took out the pictures that he had in his front pocket.

"And I always want to have you with me."

They thought that the song Perfect Storm was the perfect fit for them, but a song came on that would possibly fit them even better, Amazed, by Lonestar.

(First verse)

"Every time our eyes meet, this feeling inside me, is almost more than I can take. Baby when you touch me, I can feel how much you love me, and it just blows me away. I've never been this close to anyone, or anything. I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams."

(Chorus)

"I don't know how you do what you do. I'm so in love with you, it just keeps getting better. I wanna spend the rest of my life, with you by my side, forever and ever. Every little thing that you do, baby I'm amazed by you."

(Second verse)

"The smell of your skin, the taste of your kiss, the way you whisper in the dark. Your hair all around me, baby you surround me, and touch every place in my heart. Oh it feels like the first time, every time. I wanna spend the whole night, in your eyes."

(Chorus)

"I don't know how you do what you do. I'm so in love with you, it just keeps getting better. I wanna spend the rest of my life, with you by my side, forever and ever. Every little thing that you do, baby I'm amazed by you."

(Last part)

"Every little thing that you do. I'm so in love with you, it juster keeps getting better... I wanna spend the rest of my life, with you by my side, forever and ever. Every little thing that you do... oh... Every little thing that you do, baby I'm amazed... by... you."

Roman and Melody listened to the song, but mostly kept staring into each other's eyes. Once they heard the chorus the first time, they knew this would be their song. At some point it started getting a bit darker in the room, the candles were flickering and were ready to go out. It got to the last part of the song and Roman tilted her chin up, they closed their eyes and shared a deep and passionate kiss as the song ended and the candle lights went out. Once the kiss ended, they opened their eyes and realized that a different song had come on and that the candles went out. They only looked at each other in the dark and could still see the smile on each other's faces and the loving look in the other person's eyes, they held each other close feeling their hearts beat against each other and they said the same thing at the same time.

"I love you."

(The song Amazed belongs to Lonestar. It's one of my favorite stories and I thought it would be perfect for them. To be continued.)

Someone Special

Chapter Thirty Nine

Melody woke up the next day and knew that it was going to be a long day and a hard day to get through. She turned over and saw that Roman was still asleep. It was nine in the morning, but she thought she would get up, take a shower, and get ready for the funeral. Melody picked out an outfit that she wouldn't normally wear. Usually she wouldn't really wear a dress, but she knew her mom and other people would dress up so she thought that she would do the same so that she could fit in. She picked out a dress that was yellow and white that went down to about the knees. The top part of it had short sleeves and showed a bit of cleavage but nothing that would get anyone's attention. She usually didn't do anything with her hair, but she thought why not? She was already wearing a dress, why not do something with her hair. She decided to keep her hair down, but she kept most of it straight, but curled the ends. When she got out of the bathroom she saw that Roman was already dressed and ready, he was wearing a nice suit and tie and had his hair in a man bun. Both of their jaws seemed to drop when they saw each other, but Roman was the first one to say something.

"You look amazing Melody... Beautiful."

Melody blushed and looked at him.

"Thanks you too... Handsome I mean."

"Thanks."

"My mom said that she would meet us at the church in thirty minutes, but that was about ten minutes ago."

"Then I guess we should get going then."

When they got to the church they met up with Melody's mom. Her mom took a good look at Roman.

"Well... Look at you Roman. You clean up good."

Melody laughed a little and took Roman's hand.

"Hey... He's my boyfriend mom."

"I know... All I'm saying is that he looks good. You look pretty Melody."

"Thanks... I don't really wear dresses much, but I bought this one myself. Everyone else was going to be dressed up so I thought I'd try to fit in."

They all went in and met a few people that said prayers for them and apologized for their loss. They got a look at his body before the service started. Usually when people die they would be buried in a suit, but her brother wasn't really the type of guy to wear a suit. He was more comfortable in a T-shirt and jeans so that's what he was going to be buried in. Melody thought that she was going to be strong and make it through the service, but once she saw her mom start crying Melody did the same. Melody and her mom hugged, as far as family went, they only had each other. Roman had asked Melody if it was ok if he invited someone. Dean and Seth were still with WWE, but Melody said yes anyway. She was surprised when she saw Roman's parents. They had met once, but Roman told them about her brother and they wanted to come. She was going to go to shake their hand, but she forgot that they were the hugging type of family.

"Hey, it's nice to see you again, thanks for coming."

"It's nice to see you too Melody, but don't you remember?... We're family, and families hug."

"That's right... Now I see where Roman gets it."

Melody smiled and hugged them. Her mom didn't know them and wanted to know what was going on.

"Oh... Mom, these are Roman's parents."

Her mom extended her hand, but they hugged her too. She was slightly uncomfortable about this, but smiled anyway.

"Any family member of Melody's is a family member of ours."

This made Melody and her mom feel good at how welcoming Roman's parents were even though they hardly knew each other. While Melody was talking to her mom Roman was talking to his family, he was being very careful about what he was saying as he kept looking over at Melody.

"So we were altogether for Christmas... I knew then that Melody was The one. Then after Wrestlemania we had maybe two weeks without seeing or talking to each other because of a misunderstanding. I wouldn't necessarily call it a break up, but she was upset with me and it hurt not being able to see her or talk to each other. We fixed things and last night things got really serious... We had a candle light dinner and I just feel like we reached a level that we've never been to before... What I'm trying to figure out is when to ask Melody's mom if I can marry Melody. Now is not really the best time since we're at a funeral. I was hoping that I would be able to ask her soon, but I'll be leaving tomorrow. I don't even know when to ask or what to say."

"So yeah... You want to ask her mom for Melody's hand in marriage. Maybe now is not the best time to ask since we're at a funeral, but maybe when Melody goes to work you can ask her mom before you leave. As far as what to say, just tell her how much Melody means to you."

"Ok, but what if she says no... What if she doesn't want me to marry Melody?"

"Whatever happens happens, but if she see how happy Melody is with you I think all parents want is for their kids to be happy. If she says no then she would probably really upset Melody. I'm not trying to rush you or anything, but Melody isn't going to wait on you forever, she going to start wondering when and if you are going to ask her. She's going to want to know how far your relationship will go, but if I were you..."

His dad points over at Melody and Roman looks over at her, she felt eyes on her and looked over to Roman and smiled before going back to her conversation. Roman couldn't stop looking at her. Her beauty took his breath away. His dad finished what he was saying.

"If I were you, I wouldn't let a beautiful girl like her go once you got her. I can see that you're a different man when you're around her, a better man."

"Yeah... She's changed me for the better. She's really someone special."

"She's been through a lot and you've helped her get through them... Didn't she say she had been working at a bar? Now look at her, she's working at a school teaching music. She's come a long way. If I were you... I wouldn't keep her waiting too long. If I were you, I would ask her within the next year or so before she starts wondering if you'll ever ask her."

"I met her almost a year ago, but I've had thought about wanting to marry her since Christmas. I just hope she's as happy with me as I am with her."

"I'm sure she is... We need to sit down now before she gets suspicious. I saw her looking this way... You better hope she didn't hear our conversation, otherwise she'll see it coming."

Roman and his family go to sit down and Melody sits down beside Roman, Melody's mom sat down on the otherside of Melody as the service began. There was laughter and there was sorrow. Melody's mom started crying again and held a tissue up to her face. Melody also started cry, but before the first tear fell, Roman wrapped his arm around her, and took his other hand and took her hand in his and kissed the backside of it. Melody's mom looked over and saw Melody leaning her head into Roman's chest. Roman still held her hand and started rubbing her knuckles with his thumb and he kissed her head. Melody didn't cry long with Roman here, he always found a way to comfort her. Melody's mom was sad about the death of her son, but she was happy that her daughter had found love.

After the funeral things seemed to get easier for Melody and her mom. When they went to the graveyard, they didn't cry like they did at the funeral. Melody was so thankful that Roman had been there with her, otherwise she may not have been able to get through the funeral. At the end of the day Melody had been very quiet. Roman sat on the bed beside her and looked at her.

"You've been very quiet all day. Talk to me... Tell me what's on your mind."

Melody gave him a small smile and took his hand.

"I'm not really as upset as I was yesterday. I still miss my brother, but I got through the funeral today because you were there with me. You've been there for me for everything... You've always dropped what you were doing to be with me."

"That's my job... To take care of your needs and to make sure that you know that you're loved... I love you..."

Roman pointed to Melody's necklace and finished his sentence.

"Always and Forever."

Melody smiled at him and kissed him.

"I love you too Roman."

Roman turned off the lamp and wrapped his arms around her as she snuggled up against his chest. It didn't take Melody long to go to sleep when Roman was with her. She really felt at home at his house, but she felt at home the most when she was in his arms. Roman knew she was asleep, he could feel her heart beating and could feel her breathing as her chest rose and fell against him. Even though her brother had died, she seemed happy with him here with her and it seemed like she was at a point in her life when she could finally be at peace. He held her close and smelled her hair as he fell asleep. The next day Roman made Melody breakfast and drove her to school. He made sure to give her a long, deep, and passionate kiss before he had to leave. In two months school would be out and Melody promised him that she would start traveling with him on the road again for the summer. Of course she had been the one to ask him, she wouldn't want to be all alone over the summer. Of course he would say yes, they loved nothing more than enjoying each other's company. The time away had got to both of them. Right before the first bell rang to start the school day Roman gave her one more long, deep, and passionate kiss. They ended the kiss when they had to break for air, Roman held her close and looked into her eyes and spoke to her.

"Today is going to be a long day back to work for both of us... If you're not already asleep, I promise I'll video chat with you after Raw tonight."

"Ok... Be careful tonight, and knock em' dead."

"I will... I hope you have a good day at school Babygirl... I love you so much Melody... You have no idea."

"I love you too Roman... You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"And you are to me Melody."

They were interrupted when the school bell rang.

"Oh... There's the bell. I guess I better go so you can do your job."

"Ok. Love you Ro, Bye."

"Bye Babygirl, Love you too."

Roman went out the door and made his way out of the school as Melody started the school day. He made his way to her mom's house, he was nervous and excited at the same time. When he got to her mom's house he took in a breath, knocked on her door, stepped back and put his hands behind his back... This was it... Her mom opened the door slightly confused as to why he was here.

"Roman?... Shouldn't you be on the road by now? Melody said that you had to go back to work today."

"I do have to go back to work today, but before I left I was hoping that I could talk to you for a few minutes."

"Of course, come in."

Her mom stepped back and let him in.

"Things must be different now... How are you doing?"

"It's still hard... Accepting that my son is really gone, but I'm not always alone. Sometimes my friends from church come over, and God is always with me. I think that I've finally accepted that John is gone and I'm finally at peace with it. It took me years to get over my ex husband's death... We didn't end on good terms, most divorced couples don't. I still feel guilty about taking my grief and anger out on Melody. I wanted to get back together, but I waited too long and when I was going to try to get back together with him, that was the night he died... Therapy has helped me a lot, and prayers from the church... Does Melody still talk about her dad's death? How is she taking her brother's death?"

"She doesn't always talk about her dad, she said she misses her brother, but she's at peace with it all."

"Thanks for your concern about me and for helping Melody through this, but why are you here?"

"I know this may not be the best time, but I wanted to ask you after the funeral."

"Ask me what?"

"I wanted to... Ask for your blessing... And your permission to marry your daughter."

"Well that depends... I have to ask you a question Roman."

"What is it?"

"I wanted to look in your eyes for this... Eyes are the windows to the soul. I've got to know that you're telling the truth. Melody may be blinded by love so you may have convinced her easily, but I won't be so easy to convince... When Melody came to me two weeks ago, she was heartbroken because she thought that you were moving onto someone else, she said that you kissed someone else. I've been cheated on before and I knew exactly how she felt. Look at me when I ask you this... Did you then, or have you ever cheated on Melody, or any woman for that matter?"

"I am ashamed to admit this, but yes I have cheated on different women, but that was three years ago... Long before I ever met Melody. I was a different man then... I have never cheated on Melody... And I never will. She has changed me so much for the better. I travel a lot and I don't always get to see her and be with her, but I can't imagine my life without her, she's really someone special to me and I love her more than anything in this world... I think she wants and needs me in her life just as much as I want and need her in my life. So, I'm not just asking because I want to, but because I need to. Please... May I have your blessing, and your permission to marry Melody?"

Her mom looked deep into his eyes and could tell that everything was the truth, and that it was spoken from the heart. She knew that if Melody's dad were still around, he would have already said yes because he was an easy egg to crack, but she was a bit harder to convince.

"I have three more questions for you Roman... If you are a changed man because of Melody like you say, will you promise me that you will always be faithful to her? If it came down to choosing between your job and Melody, would you quit your job for Melody? And the last question... If the situation was bad enough... How far would you go to protect her?"

"Melody has always been faithful to me, I have always been faithful to Melody and I always will be. If I had to choose between Melody and my job, easy... I'd choose her. How far would I go to protect her? I would die for her if I had to... If anything happened to her, I would never forgive myself. She is my whole life, my whole world... I really don't know what else to say... I love her."

Roman was quiet now, he wasn't sure what else he could say to convince her. He was beginning to think that maybe there wasn't anything he could say to get her approval. She thought for a moment, her dad and her brother would just want Melody to be happy, and she wanted the same thing so she finally answered him.

"Yes."

Roman looked at her and his eyes lit up and a smile appeared on his face.

"Really, you mean it?"

"Yes... You make Melody happy, she's in love with you, and it's obvious that you love her. So yes... You may marry her, you have my blessing and permission."

Roman was so happy and excited that he hugged her.

"Thank you! You have no idea how much this means to me."

Her mom hugged him back.

"I thought it was pretty weird that your parents hugged me when they didn't know me, but now I see where you got it. Welcome to the family Roman."

"Thank you... And welcome to mine. I need to get going now, I promised Melody that I would video chat with her after Raw, but first I need to get there."

Roman left her mom's house and made his way to the airport. He was full of excitement, he wasn't sure if he would be able to contain his excitement when he talked to her later. He had to find a way to calm himself down or he would tell the secret.

(To be continued)

Someone Special

Chapter Forty

When Roman got to the arena and saw Dean and Seth he could hardly contain his excitement about Melody. Dean came up to him first.

"Hey Roman, what's up Bro? How is Melody doing?"

"It was hard on Melody losing her brother, we got back together though. We only got to spend the weekend together, but one night we had a candle light dinner and not only did we make up the time lost, but we might have got closer than we already are. I also found out some amazing news."

At this point Seth walked up.

"Well don't keep us in suspense, what's the news?"

"Melody wants to start traveling with us again over the summer."

Dean could tell this wasn't everything. He could tell when Roman was hiding something.

"That's not all... There's something you're not telling us."

Roman rolled his eyes.

"Ok fine... That's not the only bit of news I have... I swear if either of you tell Melody this, I'll kick both of your asses."

Seth stepped back and Dean laughed holding his hands up.

"Ok... We promise we won't tell Melody. Take it easy Roman... What's the big news, and why so serious?"

"I asked Melody's mom for her permission to marry Melody."

Seth got really excited and pat Roman on the back.

"About time man! You took long enough. It's not necessarily the amount of time you've been with her, but what you've done with her. When it comes to relationships it's about the quality not the quantity. We were wondering if you were ever going to ask her."

"I haven't asked Melody yet... I asked her mom for permission. In my family, it's very important that you ask the parents for permission before you ask someone to marry you."

"Oh... So what did her mom say?"

"I was starting to wonder if she would ever give me a yes or no answer, but she finally said yes. She said that I make her happy. All parents really want for their kids is for them to be happy."

Now Dean pat him on the back.

"Good job Bro... So when are you going to ask her?"

"I haven't decided yet, but it's really important that you guys don't tell her or throw around any hints. When I ask her I don't want her to see it coming, I want it to be special."

"Don't worry, we won't tell her."

"Good, but I know how important you guys are to her so I want you guys to be there to see it... Besides, I may need a bit of help."

"No problem Bro, we've got your back."

Two months went by and it was the last day of school. It was the end of May, early June, Melody was in charge of playing the graduation song, Pomp and Circumstance for the graduating sixth graders. Melody was happy for them, but sad at the same time because they would be moving onto middle school. It was already decided that Melody would be here when the school year started. The kids loved Melody, and she loved the kids. Melody had learned how things were supposed to be and Stephanie was at that age where she wanted to retire, she had already let Melody take over teaching on certain days so she thought it was only fitting to let Melody take over completely. When the next school year started, Melody wouldn't be an assistant teacher, but the official main music teacher. Melody and the kids were sad to hear this news, Melody had learned so much about teaching techniques and looked up to her. The kids liked her, but still not as much as they loved Melody. Melody was sad to see the sixth graders go, but was excited because when the school year started again, she would have new kids coming in as Kindergartners. After the sixth grade graduation ended a lot of them looked up to her and told her that they would continue doing music through middle and high school. Before the last school day ended, a lot of kids from each grade level hugged her, told her that they loved her, and told her to have a good summer. Melody told them the same thing. Once the school day was over, Melody went out to her car and started driving to Roman's house. At one point she got tired of taking a taxi anywhere and she knew that she needed to get a vehicle of her own. She knew that she wouldn't be able to buy a car full price, but she had been saving up money to make monthly payments. She didn't need anything too flashy, so she didn't buy a new car. She bought a used car, she made sure that it wasn't too old because she wanted a car that she could rely on and she made sure that it was one that was safe and wouldn't be breaking down on her. She was twenty five now, she was an adult, but was proud of herself for buying this car on her own. She had a job, if she needed to she could find a place of her own, she had been buying her own clothes, and now she had her own clothes. She was proud of herself for getting this far on her own. Even though she was in a relationship with Roman, she still enjoyed that feeling of independence and being able to take care of herself. She had proven to herself and to everyone else that she could take care of herself. She thought about everything she had been through in her life, especially over the last year. As she was driving home, a song came on the radio that she thought fit her life perfectly. The song was Stand by Rascal Flatts.

(First verse)

"You feel like a candle in a hurricane. Just like a picture with a broken frame. Alone and helpless, like you've lost your fight. But you'll be alright. You'll be alright."

(Chorus)

"Cause when push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of. You might bend til you break, cause it's all you can take. On your knees you look up, decide you've had enough. You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands, shake it off then you stand, then you stand."

(Second verse)

"Life's like a novel, with the end ripped out. The edge of a canyon, with only one way down. Take what you're given, before it's gone. Start holding on. Keep holding on."

(Chorus)

"Cause when push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of. You might bend til you break, cause it's all you can take. On your knees you look up, decide you've had enough. You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands shake it off then you stand, then you stand."

(Third part)

"Everytime you get up, and get back in the race, one more small piece of you, starts to fall into place. Yeah, woo hoo"

(Chorus)

"Cause when push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of. You might bend til you break, cause it's all you can take. On your knees you look up, decide you've had enough. You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands shake it off then you stand, then you stand. Yeah then you stand. Yeah. Yeah baby... Woo hoo, woo hoo, woo hoo. Then you stand yeah, yeah."

Roman had said that once the school year ended that she could travel with him for the summer, of course this is something they both wanted. Melody told him that it was the last day of school. She was surprised to see him when she got home, she didn't expect him until a few days later. Her reaction was still the same way now as it would have been a few days later. Roman had been waiting for her in the driveway. They both shared a smile as they saw each other. Melody got out of her car, ran over to him with the biggest smile on her face. She almost caught him off guard when she jumped into his arms. When she jumped, he lifted her in the air and she wrapped her arms and legs around him and attacked him with a kiss. He held her tight and kissed her back. He wanted to deepen the kiss, but he thought this was funny. He ended the kiss laughing a little.

"Well hello to you too Babygirl."

Melody was still very excited.

"You're here... I didn't expect for you to get here for a few days."

"Well... Last night you told me that today was your last day of school so I thought I'd start driving early so I could be here when you got home."

"Oh I'm sorry, if I knew you were coming today I would have already been packed. I guess I should pack what I need for a few weeks. How long have you been waiting for me to get home?"

"Maybe thirty minutes... And it's fine. I wanted to surprise you. I want to spend as much time with you this summer as I can before the next school year starts, you don't have to rush, we have the whole summer ahead of us."

Melody smiled and kissed him again. When she kissed before, it was a short kiss, but now they deepened the kiss. They kissed for about a minute before pulling away for air. They knew they would get to do this a lot over the summer. When they pulled away for air Melody smiled at him and gave him a quick hug.

"I guess I should start packing then."

About twenty minutes later Melody had clothes packed, shoes, her hairbrush, shampoo, towels, and even a hair dryer. She had a bit of trouble getting her suitcase out the front door. Roman came up to her and offered to help.

"Need some help?"

"Maybe a little bit."

Roman took her suitcase and carried it to the back of his SUV. He looked at her and laughed.

"What do you have in here, a vacuum cleaner or a mini refrigerator?"

Melody laughed but playfully punched his arm.

"You know I like using my own things... I hate hotel shampoo so I packed my own. I packed clothes, shoes, my hairbrush, my own towels, shampoo, and my hair dryer."

Roman closed the back of the trunk and noticed that Melody was about to open the passenger side door and called out to her.

"Hand on..."

He ran up to her and opened the door for her. Melody smiled at him and got in.

"Thanks."

"No problem... It was just the way I was raised... to open doors for women."

"There really aren't many guys like you left in the world... A lot of guys these days are really rude."

"Guys these days don't respect women and their boundaries... I didn't exactly respect your boundaries the first time I kissed you. I should have asked if it was ok."

"It's fine... I was surprised that day, but that didn't mean that I didn't like it."

Roman had already started driving, but took one of his hands to hold hers. Melody smiled at him and kept talking.

"So, you didn't exactly tell me where we were going. Are we going to meet up with Dean and Seth?"

"Yeah. We're going to New Orleans for Raw."

"Are they already there?"

"No, but they're closer than we are."

"So... am I going to be the fourth member of The Shield again? Are we going to be traveling together again."

"Yeah, it will be just like old times."

"So, basically Dean and Seth are going to be around twenty four seven?"

"No not necessarily. There will be times that I want to spend time with you and only you. We've got the whole weekend, we don't have to be in New Orleans until Monday."

It was late Sunday night when Roman and Melody got to the hotel in New Orleans. The first thing they heard when they got to the third floor was Dean and Seth arguing about something. They had been out drinking, Seth being the more sober one had to drag Dean out before he started a bar fight. Dean wasn't happy about being forced to leave before he had all that he wanted to drink and he was arguing with Seth that he had the situation under control and that he wasn't about to start a bar fight. When Melody saw them, she called out to them.

"Dean! Seth! Can't you guys ever get along?!"

They turned and looked when they heard their names and instantly stopped arguing when they saw Melody and smiled at her. She ran to them and hugged them. She got to Dean first, she could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Hey Mel!"

"Hey Dean... Still causing trouble?"

He laughed and hugged her.

"You know it! I haven't see you since Wrestlemania, how are you?!"

Seth weaseled his way in.

"Hey Melody, I want a hug too."

Melody hugged Seth, but answered Dean's question.

"I'm doing great! The school year just ended and I get to travel with The Shield again for the summer."

Now Dean and Seth were both hugging her. Melody smiled at this, Dean and Seth were both like older brothers to her, but for some reason she felt closer to Dean than she did Seth. Dean hugged her tight and said something to her.

"Good, it will be just like old times again. We have our Sister of The Shield back."

"Sister of The Shield... I like that." (I think I just found the title for my next story.)

Roman had put their stuff in the room they would be staying in when he noticed that Melody was still out with Dean and Seth. He had noticed that Dean would occasionally hug her. Seth was talking to her, but seemed to keep his distance. It did seem like there was an unmistakable bond between Dean and Melody. Dean was like a brother to him, and Melody meant the world to him. He knew that he shouldn't worry about it and that he should trust them both, but he would be lying to himself if he said that this closeness between Dean and Melody wasn't bothering him. He noticed that when he started walking up to Melody that Dean seemed to back off. He put a hand on Melody's shoulder and started talking.

"Ok Melody, we're all settled in. Our stuff in in our room."

"Ok. I see or talk to you guys later."

Melody went into the room and thought that Roman was going to follow her, but he stayed in the hallway and looked over at Dean and Seth. Seth didn't seem like he crossed any boundaries, but Roman looked over at Dean and wasn't exactly ok with all of this closeness with Melody. He had to take a breath for a moment, this was his Shield brother we were talking about. Dean knew how crazy Roman was about Melody, there was no way something was going on between Dean and Melody. He remembered how Melody had hugged Dean, he knew that they were close and relaxed a little. He would dismiss the thought from his head this time, but if something like this kept happening then he would have to have a talk with Dean and Melody.

(To be continued.)

Someone Special

Chapter Forty One

The next day Roman seemed more relaxed. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. For some reason, he had it in his mind that there may have been something going on between Dean and Melody. He knew that he should trust them. Dean was his Shield brother, he knew how crazy Roman was about Melody, she was the love of his life. They wouldn't do anything behind his back. Roman had made the mistake of jumping to conclusions with Bray and Melody, he should have trusted Melody then and didn't. The same thing had recently happened between Roman and Summer. Melody thought there was something going on between him and Summer. He knew that trust was a two way street, he was supposed to trust her and he wanted her to trust him. He didn't know why, but he couldn't help but be jealous when Melody was around Dean, he thought that Dean and Melody were getting a little too friendly with each other. He had seen her hug Seth, but she hugged Dean a few times. Later that night at Raw things seemed normal until the lights went out and they started hearing Bray talk. Roman saw Melody at ringside and made his way over to her. He kept his eyes on Melody while he listened to Bray.

"I know you're here Melody... You can relax. I'm not going to hurt you. In fact I'm not even coming out. You're too far gone... I've waited and waited for you to figure out who I am, but you're too far gone. We were destined to be together, but apparently you and Roman Reigns didn't think so. I had feeling for you Melody, but I grew tired of waiting for you to return those feelings. So finally I moved on... Things change... like the season. It changes from Fall to Winter, Winter to Spring... and finally from Spring to Summer."

The camera zooms out and shows Summer Rae sitting willingly by the looks of it in a chair. Bray kissed Summer's hand giving away that Summer was his new love interest. Even though nothing actually ever happened between Melody in Bray's mind he was finally free from Melody and he was with Summer, a woman that would actually return his feelings. Melody felt a sense of relief as she looked over at Roman, but Bray kept talking.

"But Shield be warned... This war between us is destined to always happen. There are times of war and times of peace. You will never know when war decided to present itself to the world. Years from now when we're all dead and gone the kids in the audience here will tell their own kids about the epic never ending battles between The Wyatt family and The Shield. This war... will never end... It never ends."

Bray's promo ended and the lights came back on. Melody was still at ringside and both her and Roman released a breath of relief and looked at each other. Melody was still there and unharmed. Once the show was over, Roman made sure to come back down to ringside to make sure that there were no issues with security and to let the security guards know that it was ok for Melody to come back stage. Roman had to go to the men's room and Seth was busy on his Twitter and Instagram account. Dean started talking to Melody.

"So it looks like Bray is finally leaving you alone. Also... I guess you won't have to worry about Summer Rae anymore either."

"Yeah... it's weird, but cool how that worked out. I don't think we'll have anymore problems from them anymore. It's kind of like a kill two birds with one stone situation."

"So anyway onto a side note... Do you know how annoying it can be having to listen to Seth and Roman argue all the time? You can stop that from happening. It's great to have you with us again Melody. The fourth member of the Shield... The Sister of The Shield."

Dean hugged her, she loved hugs from Dean. It wasn't like a hug from Roman, but it was still pretty close. As bad timing would have it, Roman came out of the bathroom and saw them hugging. It didn't seem like a quick hug and Roman was getting pissed off. Dean noticed the look on Roman's face and when he saw him come up behind Melody he backed off. Melody wondered why Dean let go of the hug, but found out when she heard Roman start yelling. Dean and Melody looked at Roman and even Seth stopped what he was doing to see what was going on. Melody was caught off guard at the anger in his voice.

"What the Hell is going on?"

Melody was confused and slightly terrified by Roman's tone.

"What do you mean?"

"How come every time I leave and then come back you and Dean have your hands all over each other?"

Melody was surprised and even slightly angry that Roman would even think something like this.

"Are you kidding me right now?!"

"I'm serious! Everytime I turn around I come back to find you and Dean all buddy buddy. Dean I saw what you did... If nothing is going on, why would you all of a sudden back away when you see me and act like nothing is going on?"

Dean and Melody were both quiet. They didn't know what to say. This only pissed Roman off even more.

"Forget it, I'm out of here!"

Roman stormed out of the room. Dean could tell that Melody was upset.

"Just... stay here with Seth Melody, I'll take care of this."

While Dean was talking with Roman, Seth stayed with Melody.

"What the Hell is his problem Seth?! Why is he being like this?"

"I don't know Melody. Stress is the only thing I can think of."

"We've been together for over a year now... You would think he would trust me by now."

"Well this isn't exactly like what happened with Bray or with Summer. What happened with them was a misunderstanding, but let's be honest... ever since you came back last night even I've noticed something seems off."

"Are you kidding me? You think I'm cheating on Roman for Dean?!"

"NO! That's not what I'm saying at all. I see you as a sister, and Dean even called you The Sister of The Shield, but honestly you seem closer to Dean than you you do to me. I don't think he thinks anything is going on between is because you seem closer to Dean. With Roman seeing you hugging Dean all the time I guess he's worried... or jealous because he thinks that Dean is trying to take you away from him."

"That's crazy! You and Dean are like brothers to me, but I'm in love with Roman. It took me a while to trust him after I thought he was cheating on me with Summer, but it's crazy that Roman would think that I would cheat on him with Bray, Dean, you, or anyone else. Dean saved my life remember?! He stopped me for committing suicide... So I look up to him... he protected me like an older brother so there will always be that special bond between me and Dean. But Roman... I love Roman, we've been together for a year, but if we can't trust each other and talk about how we feel... then what is the point of even being in a relationship?"

"Don't go talking like that... Don't go thinking about calling it quits over something stupid like this. Just give him time to cool down. This may take a while... It probably wasn't a good idea for Dean to go after him because they'll probably just piss each other off even more and end up fighting each other... So I would give them at least an hour... Just saying. We all just need to cool down and think, don't make any decisions you'll regret because of your feelings... You and Roman need to just cool down, think things through, and then when you've both calmed down talk to each other."

Melody took a deep breath, released it and then sighed. Then she even rolled her eyes playfully and laughed a little.

"You're right Seth... As always... Seth Rollins The Architect... The Peace keeper of The Shield and relationships."

Dean caught up with Roman outside in the hallway.

"Roman!"

Roman heard Dean and kept walking. Dean ran up to Roman, grabbed his shoulder and turned him around and forced Roman to stop.

"Roman will you stop and listen?!"

Roman was pissed off and yelled back at Dean.

"I swear I'm about to beat the hell out of you!"

"Well go ahead, it won't bother me! Get it out of your system! Don't hold back, hit me with your best shot! Take out all of your frustration on me!"

Roman was tired of hearing Dean talk so he hit him one good time in the mouth. As Dean felt at his jaw as Roman rubbed his hand from hitting Dean so hard. He had to admit, it did make him feel a little better. A few seconds passed and Dean spoke again.

"Is that all you've got? That's it? All of your anger and frustration? Do you feel better now?!"

"No I don't feel better!... Maybe a little, but this isn't getting us anywhere!"

"Ok... So will you stop acting like a fucking idiot now and talk to me? What's the Hell is wrong with you?"

"You know Damn well what's wrong with me Dean! You and Melody!... What the Hell is going on with you guys?!"

"Why do you think something is going on?"

"Because... everytime I turn around something's going on... When I came back from the bathroom you and Melody were hugging. Yesterday too... You two just can't seem to keep your hands off each other."

"You don't own her! You act like she's some kind of possession that you could easily replace."

"I would never try to replace Melody. She's not replaceable! I think I have a right to be pissed off... she's my girlfriend. I'm sorry Dean, but I don't really like the idea of anyone putting their hands on her... Especially after all she's been through."

"I know what she's been through... We were all there with her as The Shield."

As Dean kept talking he could hear the attitude and sarcasm in Dean's voice, but Dean was completely serious.

"In case you forgot... I told you that my own sister committed suicide... and I blame myself every day because of it. Melody was about to do the same thing. I lost one sister... I wasn't about to lose another one. What were you doing that day Roman? You just stood around and watched!"

"Hey listen... I knew she was upset, but how was I supposed to know she was going to try to commit suicide?!"

"You could have done something Roman! If it wasn't for me saving your girlfriend, she wouldn't be here right now and we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we?"

"Hey! Don't you dare try to turn this around on me. You think you know Melody because of that one incident, but you don't... You don't know her like I do, or what we've been through. Don't you dare try to say that I don't love Melody!"

"I don't know why you're being so jealous and possessive... you feel threatened by me being around Melody, well why not Seth? He's part of The Shield too."

"Because her and Seth don't have their hands on each other every time I turn around!"

"Roman! There is nothing going on between me and Melody! She's like a sister to me... that's it. She sees me and Seth like protective older brothers. It's not my fault that you take things the wrong way. You think I don't know how crazy you are about Melody? Why would I mess around with your girl? Brothers don't do that to each other. It's obvious that you haven't asked her to marry you yet because if you did... you wouldn't think that something is going on between me and Melody."

Roman had finally calmed down.

"I haven't asked Melody yet... I'm still waiting for the right moment... I'm such an idiot! I should have trusted you... and her. It took her a while to trust me after she thought I was messing around with Summer Rae."

"You've got trust issues man... But I see it... Seth sees it... you're crazy about Melody... and she's crazy about you. You two belong together."

"Listen Dean... I'm really sorry about punching you and..."

"Hey don't even worry about it... brothers fight about all kinds of stupid shit... You can hit me all you want. You let me hit you whenever I need to let off some steam with you, it's only fair that I let you do the same, but that punch... that one punch. Like I said before... Is that all you've got? Seriously I've had worse."

Roman finally smirked and rolled his eyes.

"Shut up Dean before I hit you again."

Dean turned his face to Roman ready for a hit.

"Go ahead... I'm ready. I can take it."

Roman actually laughed at this.

"You crazy Asshole!"

Dean knew Roman was just messing around and that Roman wasn't angry.

"Seriously thought Dean... thanks for talking and sorry about what I said."

"Roman... we're brothers for life... you don't have to apologize to me ever for anything... If I were you... I would apologize to Melody and clear things over with her... to see if there ever will be a wedding. Dude, she's probably so pissed off at you. You're going to have to do something to calm her down and make it up to her. I'll go hang out with Seth in the car... you and Melody take your time, talk calmly... and take care of things."

Dean came into the locker room and motioned for Seth to leave. Melody wondered what was going on and why everyone was leaving her until Roman came into the room. Dean and Seth left so that Roman and her could be alone. She was still slightly mad at him for going off like he did, but also hurt because he didn't trust her. She was worried about what he was feeling and what he would say. She sat down on a bench and avoided eye contact with him. She could feel the anger, the hurt, and the tears building up inside of her. Roman noticed how she was acting and felt guilty for over reacting once again. At times him and Melody would be close, but he kept messing up time and time again. He was afraid that she wasn't going to give him anymore chances. It was times like this that he hated, when they seemed so far apart, when they wouldn't look at each other or speak to each other. He should have told Dean and Melody how he was he was feeling instead of going off on both of them. He needed to learn how to watch his temper, and he needed to learn how to communicate his feelings better. As Melody avoided eyes contact and stayed silent, Roman decided to break the silence. He thought that saying the three little words I love you was hard, it's even harder to admit when you're wrong and say those two little words.

"Melody... I...I'm sorry... Could we please talk about this?"

(Saying I'm sorry or I love you are two very hard things for people to do. Especially for men. Are Roman and Melody making progress or did things just get worse? To be continued. Thanks for reading. Review.)

Someone Special

Chapter Forty Two

Dean and Seth left the locker room so that Roman and Melody could be alone. Roman realized that he messed up, he saw how upset Melody was, she didn't say anything or look at him so he broke the silence.

"Melody... I... I'm sorry... Could we please talk about this?"

Melody was angry, and hurt. She wiped a tear from her face.

"What is there to talk about? It's obvious that you don't trust me... or Dean... I'm tired of this Roman!... We've been together for over a year now. How can we be in a relationship if we can't communicate and trust each other?"

"We can't... you're right Melody. This whole thing is on me. Communication and trust... are two things I need to work on."

Melody wasn't as angry anymore and finally looked at Roman.

"Why did you act the way you did? Why did you go off on me and Dean? Why would you think that we were sneaking around behind your back?"

"It's just... ever since last night when you first saw Dean, all the close contact with him just bothered me for some reason. I don't mean to act the way I do."

"I thought that you had something going on with Summer, but this is the second time you've thought I was messing around with someone else. This time you thought it was with Dean... Tell me why Roman... Why are you so jealous?"

Roman sat down beside her and took her hand.

"I don't know... I just don't like seeing you get close to any man... not even Dean. You're my girlfriend... After everything that's happened... I'm just... afraid. My worst fear isn't clowns like I said that day... my worst fear... is losing you. I don't want anyone to take you away from me. I was stupid for being jealous, I just keep messing up. You've given me a million second chances... I don't know why you put up with me. You've changed me... in a good way. There are things that I still need to work on... I do trust you Melody. All of this happened because I let my emotions get the better of me... You know me Melody, you know I have a hard time controlling my temper. That's one thing I still need help with. Look Melody... guys usually have a hard time communicating their feelings. I'm one of those guys. It's hard for a guy to admit when they're wrong. Two of the hardest things a guy has to say is I'm sorry, and I love you. I'm sorry Melody... I'm sorry for going off on you earlier and not trusting you, and I'm so sorry for hurting you. I just don't want to lose you... I can't lose you Melody. I love you! You're my whole life... my whole world."

Melody had listened to everything that Roman had to say. She smiled at him and kissed him. Roman didn't expect for her to kiss him so soon, but felt her smile into the kiss and he deepened the kiss. He pulled away for a moment and looked at her.

"I forgive you Roman... and I think that it's great that you're finally opening up to me about your feelings. So you're worst fear is losing me?"

"Yes. I'm just so afraid that I'm going to lose you to someone else, or that you don't want to be with me. That's why I was so pissed off when I saw you with Dean."

"Dean and I do have a close bond... He saved me from committing suicide so we will always have a special bond... I will always love him and Seth like brothers, but you're the only one I want to be with. I'm in love with you Roman, and only you. You really don't have a reason to be jealous. I helped you with your temper before and I'll do it again."

"I'll work on communicating my feeling more... that way no one's feeling get hurt."

This time Roman gave Melody a quick kiss.

"So you and Dean walked out... Did you fix things with Dean?"

"Yeah... he told me the same thing you did... that he sees you as a sister. He's my brother, brother's fight sometimes over the stupidest things, but we've always got each other's backs. He knows how I feel about you... he said brothers don't go behind each other's backs and try to get with their girl. When we have issues we talk about it like men."

Melody laughed a little.

"Then why is it so easy for you to talk to Dean, but so hard for you to talk to me?"

Roman looked away for a moment and scratched the back of his neck.

"Well... guys can usually talk to other guys about how they feel, but it's harder to talk to women because usually women doesn't understand how men are with their feeling."

"Well... women do the same thing... they can tell other women how they feel, and they would probably do it faster with other women before they would tell other men... You know... it's a woman thing, women like to gossip and talk about all of the drama that's going on in their lives."

Roman smirked and laughed a little.

"Yeah... that must be a woman thing."

Melody knew he was just messing around, but she playfully punched his arm anyway.

"Come on Melody we should get going. We still have the whole summer ahead of us, I would like to spend some more time together alone."

Melody smiled, took his hand and they walked out of the building. Dean and Seth were in the SUV and they could see Roman and Melody walking out holding hands through the mirror. Dean looked over at Seth and got his attention.

"Hey look Seth... it looks like everything is ok between our two lovebirds."

"So it is... That didn't take as long as I thought it would."

"Good because it's about midnight and I really didn't want to sit out here for an hour or so waiting on them. I'd like to hit the road sometime tonight."

"You and me both man."

A few seconds later Roman and Melody get into the SUV. Dean looked back at Roman.

"So is everything ok now? Is everything back to normal."

"Better than normal. Come on Dean, lets get going."

Once they were on the road for two hours, Dean had to stop to get gas, this was also a good time for everyone to go to the bathroom. Melody had fallen asleep on Roman's shoulder and he gently nudged her to wake her up.

"Hey Babygirl... we stopped for gas and a bathroom stop."

Melody yawned and stretched her arms.

"Ok."

Dean woke up Seth.

"Hey man, we stopped for gas. Now is a good time to go to the bathroom."

"Come on... Don't wake me up. If I had to go I would have went."

"Well I don't want to hear anything from you thirty minutes from now because you have to go to the bathroom."

"You won't... I plan on going back to sleep."

Melody followed Roman into the gas station, she made her way to a bathroom and rubbed her eyes to try to wake up. She was so tired that she had been stumbling around a little when she walked. Now she was more awake and left the bathroom. She was looking around for a snack and something to drink. Since it was so late at night, The Shield was the only guys around, except for a guy that just came in. The thing about it was he didn't look too friendly. He took one look at Melody and glared at her before reaching into his pocket and pulled out a gun. She then realized that this guy planned on robbing the store. He pointed the gun at Melody first and then at the cashier.

"Hey! Stay right where you are! Give me your money!"

Melody slowly backed away as the guy was at the register. She wanted to try to sneak back into the bathroom to call the police. She had her phone out and she tried making her way back around the corner, but the guy looked back at her and saw her. She screamed when he pointed the gun at her.

"Shut the hell up! Stop right there! Put your phone down."

Melody was moving slowly and she did what he said. She put her phone down on the ground and put her hands up in the air.

"Ok... you move over here with the cashier so I can see you. If you even think about running I'll kill you."

Roman heard Melody scream and came out of the bathroom. The first thing he saw was a guy pointing a gun at Melody. Dean also heard Melody scream from the outside and looked inside to see what was going on. He yelled at Seth.

"Seth wake up! Something is going on in there!"

Seth got out of the car and looked inside the store. Melody didn't see Roman come out, she panicked, she made a move and was going to run as the guy was busy with the cashier. The cashier was busy putting money in a bag and when he heard Melody running he turned around saw her. He couldn't let anyone leave and run for the police so he was freaking out. The guy had actually never used a gun before and he fired a shot in her direction. Roman had panicked when he saw Melody start running so he started making his way over to her. He didn't know if the guy saw him or not, but when he saw the guy turn around and point the gun at Melody again he ran over to her. A shot rang out and everything seemed to stop for a minute. Melody had her back turned and she heard the gun behind her. She was still standing, she hadn't been shot. When she turned around she was terrified by what she saw. Roman fell down on his knees and clutched at his right side, then it all made sense... Roman took a bullet. A bullet that was meant for her. She screamed and knelt down beside Roman. At this point she didn't care what happened to herself, she wasn't leaving Roman.

"Roman!"

The guy in the store heard police sirens, dropped the gun and ran out with the bag of money. He actually didn't very far because once Dean and Seth heard the gun shot they started running towards the store. Not many people would run towards the sound of gun shots, but Dean and Seth were worried about Melody and ran towards the building. He saw Roman down on the ground and Melody beside him. Dean caught a glimpse of what the guy looked like so when the guy tried to run away Dean tackled him down to the ground and started punching him in the face.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

As much as Seth wanted to join in on kicking the guy's ass he thought Dean was doing a good job of that and that he needed to check on Melody and Roman. Seth came in and saw Roman laying down on the ground, he had been shot on the right side around his ribs. He was having a hard time breathing, and he was in a lot of pain. Melody was crying and screaming things as she knelt down beside him.

"Roman!... Roman! Look at me ok! Look at me! Stay with me... Help is on the way! Just... hang on!"

Melody couldn't help but start crying hard now.

"Please... don't leave me!..."

Roman noticed Seth come in and come over to him.

"Come on Roman... Stay awake! Melody needs you."

Roman turned his head to look at Melody. He had one hand at his ribs, but he took his other hand and held Melody's hand. He saw the tears running down her face and said something to her.

"Please do... Don't cry Melody. You know I... hate seeing you cry."

Melody tried to stop crying, but the tears kept flowing. She wiped the tears from her eyes as Seth gave her a quick hug.

"He'll be ok Melody... Roman is as tough as they come."

Roman still had Melody's hand, brought it up to his lips and kissed it. Melody calmed down a little. Dean held down the guy so that he wouldn't get away. The police had arrested the guy that Dean held down and the paramedics had Roman on a stretcher. Dean caught up with them and saw Roman being put into the back of an ambulance. Melody got into the ambulance with him, but they wouldn't let Seth go. Dean and Seth would have to follow them to the hospital. Once they got to the hospital, the nurses had to stop Melody from following them. They told her that she would have to wait in the waiting room until they called her back. A few minutes go by and Dean and Seth show up. Seth didn't know everything that happened and Dean wanted to know what happened. When he got there he called out to Melody.

"Melody!... I didn't see everything that happened... I heard a gun shot, saw Roman on the ground so I kicked this guy's ass until the police showed up... What happened?"

Melody had started crying and so Dean hugged her.

"Shh... talk to me Melody... What's going on?"

"Roman he... He saved my life... He took a bullet for me. We went to the bathroom, I finished before he did and I was looking for a snack and a drink. The next thing I knew, there was this guy that came in with a gun. He was going to rob the store. I was going to try to sneak back to the bathroom and call the police, but he saw me. I panicked and started running for the exit... The next thing I knew I heard a gun shot, I turned around and I saw Roman on the ground. I didn't even see him come back out... he took a bullet for me... I... I should be the one in a hospital bed not Roman."

"Shh... it's not your fault Melody. How was anyone supposed to know what was going to happen?"

They were interrupted when a doctor called out her name.

"Melody Shores?"

Melody turned and looked at the doctor.

"That's me..."

"You may go back and see him now."

Melody followed the doctor to the room he was staying in. Dean and Seth were close behind her. She tried to keep herself together, but when she saw Roman laying in a hospital bed she couldn't help herself and tears started falling down her face again. She felt so guilty, she wished that things could have been the other way around. Roman looked over at the doorway and saw Melody crying. Even though he was in pain, he gave her a small smile.

"Come in Babygirl... it's ok."

Melody came in the room and ran over to him and hugged the upper part of his body. She cried into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her and held her close. Dean and Seth were at the doorway, but decided to turn around and go back to the waiting room to let Roman and Melody have a moment alone. Roman held her close and kissed her head.

"It's ok Melody... I'm not dying... I'll be ok."

Melody didn't say anything. Roman found a way to joke about the situation, but he didn't realize how serious this situation really was.

(To be continued. Wow now what? Thanks for reading. Review.)

Someone Special

Chapter Forty Three

When Melody came into the room she pretty much ran to him and clung onto him. She was being gentle and held onto the upper part of his body avoiding the rib area as she hugged him. She was crying hard as she held onto him. Roman tried to joke about the situation.

"It's ok Melody, I'll be ok... I'm not dying."

Even though he was joking Melody still continued to cry. She didn't find it funny at all.

"Don't joke about this... It may not be a big deal to you, but it's serious to me... You could have died... I thought you were going to die."

Roman could tell that Melody was still upset and he held her close and kissed her.

"I'll be ok Melody, I promise. It still hurts like hell, but I'll survive."

"I didn't even know what happened... I didn't see you come back out. The guy pointed his gun at me. I tried to make it back around the corner and go back into the bathroom to call the police, but he saw me. When he was busy with the cashier I panicked and ran when he had his back turned. The next thing I knew I heard a gun shot and when I turned around you were on the ground... You... you could have died trying to save me."

"I love you Melody... It would have been worth it. If I had to die to save you... I would... because I love you and because you're worth dying for."

Roman took his thumb and wiped away the last of her tears and saw her smile at him before she kissed him.

"I love you too Roman... I just wish there was a way for me to make it up to you... You've always been there for me."

"And I always will be. You don't have to make it up to me... Love isn't about getting even, it's about loving someone so much that you don't want to live without them, or can't live without them. Love is self sacrificing and asking for nothing in return... except maybe love from the other person... I don't want to live without you... I can't live without you."

"And I can't live without you Roman... which is why I was so upset when you were joking about dying."

"I know... but I really would die for you if I had to."

"And I would for you."

"No... I wouldn't let you Melody... It's not supposed to be that way."

"Roman... I know you were probably raised to think that way, but I think it goes both ways... You would die for me, I would die for you."

Roman was quiet, he didn't want to argue with Melody over this. He couldn't let Melody sacrifice herself for him, it was supposed to be the other way around.

"I just feel... like I'm the one that should be in that hospital bed, not you."

"Oh... I see, you feel guilty."

"I do... the guy was going to shoot me, but you stepped in and took my place. It's just... no one has ever sacrificed themselves like that... no one has ever cared or loved me that much."

"Actually Melody... I think there is someone else that's sacrificed themselves for you..."

"That's right... when I tried to commit suicide, Dean almost ran out in the road to save me... and now that I really think about it, someone else sacrificed himself for me... He sacrificed himself for the whole world actually. Jesus died for me too... that's self sacrifice."

"It is... so Jesus did something better than I could ever do. I know you look to me like I'm some kind of hero, but really Jesus did it first."

"He did. Now that I think about it, two Bible verses come to my head..."

"For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it." -Matthew 16:25

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." -John 15:13

Melody smiled as Roman kissed her again.

"The important thing is you're still here. I can truly thank God that I met you, I don't know what I'd do without you. I'm so grateful for all that you've done for me and that you've continued to love me."

Melody had calmed down now and they had held onto each other since the moment she came in the room. A doctor came in the room to look at Roman.

"Well... it looks like the bleeding has stopped, that's good, but I would avoid moving around too much for the next few days until it shows signs of healing."

It didn't take long for WWE to find out what happened and Roman was told by WWE doctors that he may have to be out of action for a month and that he should go home and rest. WWE would have to make up a story that sounded believable because they didn't want the WWE Universe to know what really happened. Dean and Seth would still be on the road while Roman was out. Roman was released from the hospital and Dean had to drive him and Melody to the airport. Roman was in a lot of pain as he sat on the six hour flight. Once they landed Melody had her mom come and pick them up. She told her mom what happened and Melody's mom gained a little more respect for Roman for saving her daughter. Roman had a hard time getting in and out of her mom's car, moving around in general hurt a lot. You couldn't really see it because of his dark shirt, but the area around his ribs had started bleeding. Once her mom left Melody had to help him into the house. Once he got to his bedroom, he took off his shirt and they saw where his bandages were soaked with blood and how blood was running down his body. Melody decided that she wanted to help him as much as she could.

"Here Roman... let me help."

"No it's ok... I've got this..."

"Roman Reigns!... Stop being so stubborn! If you don't sit down right now..."

Roman looked at her, he was surprised by her tone of voice and sat down in a chair.

"I know you're a man and you like doing things on your own, but will you please stop being so damn stubborn?! The doctor said for you to take it easy and to not be moving around too much. So do you know what that means?"

"No... what does that mean?"

"It means that for the next few weeks, or however long it takes, you're going to lay in bed and rest while I take care of you."

"You know I can't do that."

"I don't care how stubborn you are, you don't have a choice Roman... if you don't lay in bed and rest, you don't get any kisses."

"Oh now that's just cruel... You're bluffing, you can't go without kissing me."

"I've done that for months while you've been on the road."

"Yeah, but I meant while I'm here... You can't go without kissing me while I'm here."

Roman goes to kiss her, but she steps back and doesn't let him kiss her.

"Try me..."

Oh come on... that's not fair."

"All you have to do is lay in bed and rest ok... it's not that hard. If you do that and heal up, then I won't have to not kiss you."

Roman rolled his eyes and finally went along with her.

"Fine... I'll go lay down."

"Well hang on, I need to get you cleaned up and re-bandaged."

Melody went into the bathroom and brought out a first aid kit. Roman still sat in the chair feeling annoyed and slightly embarrassed that Melody was doing everything for him. Melody came over to him and put the first aid kit and she warned him ahead of time.

"You're probably not going to like this, but I need to clean your wound."

Roman didn't say anything, he watched what Melody was doing. She took an alcohol pad and cleaned the area around the wound first since he was bleeding. Then she got to the actual wound. She tried to be as careful as she could, but Roman winced when she got to the wound and balled up his hands into a fist. Melody put a hand on his arm.

"Easy big guy..."

Melody cleaned off a lot of the blood and then took out the white, soft, gauze bandage.

"I'm just going to wrap you up and then I'll be done ok."

As Melody was wrapping him up, she couldn't help but start touching the shirtless part of his body. She was being slow and gentle to make sure that she didn't hurt him. The best way to wrap him up was by wrapping the gauze all around his back and ribs. She finished wrapping him up and put the tape on the bandage to make sure that it stayed in place. As she finished she started running her hand down his arm admiring his tattooed arm and part of his chest.

"Ok... you're all wrapped up."

She blushed as he noticed her looking at his shirtless body.

"Hey... Only the side of my ribs are hurt... not my chest or my arm."

Melody laughed a little.

"Ok you caught me staring, but I can't help it... you're God's gift to women. You're just... perfect."

Roman held up his hand and did little air quotes.

"The definition of sexy if I remember correctly."

Melody laughed and blushed even harder.

"Yeah... I did say that."

Roman goes to kiss her, but she still backed up.

"Hey wait a minute... I said you had to lay down and rest before I kissed you."

"Aw come on... please?"

"Well... how about I kiss you then you go lay down?"

"That could work."

Melody gave him a kiss and then they both went to go lay down for a while. They spent most of they day laying together holding each other, kissing, and watching movies together. Roman had to admit, just laying around wasn't too bad, especially if he had Melody by his side. With Melody threatening not to kiss him, he decided to stay in bed until he healed up. Roman had decided that he would vacate the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. He was out for a month and he thought that the WWE Universe deserved a fighting champion. A month goes by and he can finally return to action. They were on their way to New York where Roman would be making his return on Raw. Melody still felt bad about him having to give up the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, but it didn't seem to bother him that much.

"You know you didn't have to give up the Championship."

"Well what kind of champion would I be if I just sat at home with it? There are people like Dean... or Seth that work hard and deserve a chance to be champion... it wouldn't be fair to just hold onto it and not defend it."

"Yeah, but at the same time it doesn't feel right for you to lose it this way. I'm sorry that all of this happened."

"Don't apologize... this wasn't your fault... When I saw that guy pointing a gun at you... that Championship was the last thing on my mind."

"Well we're back now... you could always win it back."

"Oh at some point I will win it back... and you can Believe That!"

At that point they met up with Dean and Seth and started traveling together as The Shield again. Dean came up to him and gave him a fist bump.

"Hey Roman, all healed up?"

"Yes. All healed up and ready to get back into the ring."

"Hey Melody, how is it going?"

"Pretty good. I just spent a month playing nurse so it's good to be traveling with you guys again."

Melody stayed backstage as The Shield had a match, there were no issues with The Wyatt Family. It seemed like Bray really was done with her, he hadn't bothered her since she saw him with Summer Rae. She was glad that Bray was leaving her alone, and she was glad that Summer was leaving Roman alone. It was actually really cold backstage and Melody was tired and ready to go. Finally once the main event ended, and The Shield shook hands with fans and signed a few autographs they left and went to the hotel they were staying at. When Roman and Melody got to their hotel room, Melody changed into her pajamas and covered up under the blankets as she waited for Roman to get out of the shower. Once he was done, he came into the room, got into the bed and snuggled up close to Melody to warm her up.

"You're still cold?"

"Yeah... it's really cold in here. Not only do you keep me safe, but a lot of times you keep me warm too."

Roman looked into her eyes and kissed her forehead.

"Don't you just love moments like this Melody? When we're close to each other like this?"

"Yeah. This is my favorite part of being with you... being close to you, being able to kiss you, having you hold me close as I fall asleep."

"So Melody... The Fourth of July is coming up soon... WWE is looking for someone that would be willing to sing the National Anthem. With you being a music teacher and with you being the amazing singer that you are, I thought I'd ask you."

"Me... singing the National Anthem in front of a live WWE crowd and in front of thousands of people, and millions watching at home?"

"I think you would be great, you have a beautiful singing voice Melody. I'm not saying you have to, I'm just asking you if you would be interested in doing it."

"I don't know... I've sang in front of people before... at a bar, but now we're talking about thousands, or millions of people watching me. I don't want to embarrass myself. I don't know if I could do it."

"I know you can do it Melody, but you don't have to do it."

"But... I think I do want to do it."

"You do?"

"Yeah. I want to be confident in front of people. If I can do this in front of thousands and millions of people, then I can do anything."

"That's what I like to hear. So are you saying you will do it?"

"Yes... I'll do it."

Before Melody knew it, the Fourth of July came around. Roman had made it official and now Melody had permission to sing the National Anthem for the WWE. Roman could tell that Melody was really nervous. They were backstage and he gave her a kiss and rubbed her back to help calm her down. Over the last month or so what she didn't know was that Roman had been planning something for her. He held her hand and tried to calm her down.

"You'll do great out there Babygirl. I'm going to come out with you."

Finally the time came and Roman held her hand as they made their way out to the ring. Roman actually came out through the ramp entrance to keep people away from Melody. Once they got to the ring, Roman sat down on one of the ropes and pushed it down making it easier for Melody to get in the ring. Roman had a mic and he had a few things to say.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight we have someone special here with us. She is a music teacher from Pensacola Florida..."

The crowd started cheering a bit. Roman then continued.

"Yeah... let's hear it for her. Where would we be without our teachers, our music teachers? Well we would be living in a pretty boring world. So tonight she decided that she wanted to pay tribute to all of the men that have fought and died for out freedom."

The crowd cheered even louder now. Melody smiled and she could feel the energy from the crowd. Once they died down a bit Roman continued.

"So she's here to sing our National Anthem. Ladies and Gentlemen allow me to introduce... the Lovely and Talented... Melody Shores!"

The crowd cheered, clapped and welcomed her. This lasted for a few second until there was a drum roll that signaled her to start. She was nervous, but smiled anyway as she sang the song that she was the most familiar with. As she got to certain paused in the song, the crowd would cheer a little, but they cheered the most when she finished. They cheered and clapped, Melody looked around and saw everyone on their feet. She looked back at Roman who was clapping and cheering too and smiled. This moment was unbelievable, and one that she would never forget. As she made her way backstage she saw a bunch of other WWE Superstars and Divas clapping for her. Finally she got to Dean and Seth, they both hugged her along with Roman and they all said how proud of her they were. The Shield would have a match later that night against The Wyatt Family. Melody watched backstage, there were no issues with Bray. In fact, Bray still seemed content with Summer Rae. It was a hard fought match between both teams, this was the main event of the night. The Shield ended up winning when Roman speared Bray and about broke his ribs. Once The Shield won, their theme music hit, but there were a bunch of fireworks that went off celebrating the Fourth of July. Since it was so late, Roman promised Melody that they would do something the next day.

(To be continued. Thanks for reading. Review.)

Someone Special

Chapter Forty Four

Melody had one of the most unbelievable moments of her life, it was the Fourth of July and she just sang the National Anthem for WWE. The crowd loved her and once she went backstage, she was greeted by many superstars and divas and they congratulated her and told her that she did a good job. Once the crowd cleared Dean and Seth came up to her and hugged her along with Roman and they told her how proud of her they were for how far she's come. Since it was late and they didn't have to show up for anything the next day Roman and Melody could spend the day together. They actually had a few days off and they could go back home. They had unpacked Roman crashed on the bed. He would have thought that Melody would have joined him but got up off the bed when he wondered what Melody was doing. He found her out on the porch looking out at the ocean. She usually did this when something was bothering her. She seemed so happy the night before and didn't know what could be bothering her, but he came outside and joined her when he thought something was bothering her. She was enjoying the air and the view, she closed her eyes and relaxed as she leaned up against the guard rail. Roman came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

"Hey."

"Hey."

Melody tilted her head back and looked up into his eyes as he leaned down and kissed her.

"Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?"

"You usually come out here when something's wrong."

"Oh nothing's wrong... I just came out here to enjoy the view. I never lived near the beach before so I'm enjoying the view of the ocean. I come out here a lot... I finally feel at home here. For the first time in my life... I feel like everything is coming together. I haven't had to worry about anything for a while now. I'm happy here... with you."

"I'm glad to hear that... I'm happy because you're happy. I'm so happy that I have you in my life."

There was faint music playing, Melody had her phone playing music and Roman turned her around to face him. Melody seemed to catch on fast once Roman wrapped his arms around her back. She smiled and wrapped her arms around him and they started swaying to the music. They would occasionally kiss each other as they danced. Even though Roman was tired he wanted to spend the day with Melody.

"Melody?"

"Yes Roman?"

"Do you want to maybe go down to the beach and later on get something to eat?"

"Well we didn't get home that long ago, you said you were tired... the first thing you did when we got here was crash on the bed."

"I did, but I'm not as tired as I was. Do you want to go down to the beach?"

Melody was thinking about it. Roman really did seem tired and she thought he needed to rest. Roman stuck out his puppy dog lip, gave her the puppy dog eyes and begged.

"Please Melody?... It'll be fun."

Melody laughed and pulled him in for a quick kiss.

"Ok you big puppy dog... Let me go change first."

A few minutes go by and they change and head for the beach. It was a lot hotter out on the beach than it was back at Roman's house. After they put on sunblock Roman looked out at the ocean. He beat her to the water and dived under a wave and looked back to see Melody slowly getting in the water.

"Come on Melody, the water's great!"

"It's cold!"

"What?! No it's not."

"To me it is."

"Aw come on... It's July in Florida... it's not that cold."

Melody didn't say anything, she was still taking her time getting in the water. She was in the water up to her stomach. Roman wasn't that far from her and he splashed her.

"Roman stop!"

Well come on... Don't make me come get you."

Melody playfully rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him. Roman then started making his way over to her, she turned around and started running the other way, but he was faster than her and caught her. He caught her and started tickling her under her arms and down her sides. Melody laughed and couldn't run anymore. He put a hand behind her back and a hand behind her knees, picked her up and carried her out into the water.

"Hey! Let me go! Put me down!"

Roman smirked at her.

"If you say so..."

Melody knew what was going to happen next and shouted.

"Wait!"

She screamed as he threw her in the air and she went under the water. When she came back up she looked over at him and saw him laughing.

"Roman!"

He held his hands up in the air.

"Hey don't be mad at me... You said to let you go... You should have been careful with your words."

Melody rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, but that didn't mean throw me."

Roman laughed at her, he loved teasing her. She splashed him a few times until he came over to her.

"Ok... I'm going to do it again..."

He picked her up and he was about to throw her again. Melody actually laughed and put her arms around his neck and held onto him.

"No... don't throw me."

"Are you used to the water now?"

"Yes."

"Good."

They looked at each other for a moment and started laughing. Once they calmed down they looked into each other's eyes. They had been together for a year. Melody thought that if he even planned on doing it, that he would want to marry her a few years from now. Was a year really long enough to be together before getting married? Did Roman even want to be married? Melody didn't worry about that too much, she just enjoyed the moment with him, but she did wonder just how far her and Roman would go, and if they had a future together. Things calmed down and they held onto each other and looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds before kissing each other. Finally they had their fun and decided that it was time to leave. As Melody was drying off, Roman got a message, he put his phone back in his pocket before Melody caught on. He didn't want Melody to know what was going on.

"Hey Melody..."

"Yeah?"

"I just got a really important message... I've got a family emergency that I really need to take care of."

"Oh... Ok. I'll just go home then, you do what you need to do."

As Roman drove Melody home, he couldn't help, but feel bad about lying to her, but he couldn't let her know what was really going on. Roman had his personal issue with family, but Melody felt a little hurt that he wouldn't tell her what was going on. Melody didn't think much about it, but she changed into the yellow and white dress that she wore to her brother's funeral. There wasn't really a reason why she wore it, it was just something that she wanted to wear. While they were at the beach she had to take off he necklace so she wouldn't lose it. She put it on and held it close. Roman left and there was a knock at his door. Melody went over to the door and opened it. She was confused, but happy when she saw Dean and Seth.

"Hey guys... Roman's not here."

Dean hugged her and took her hand.

"We know... come on... we need to take you somewhere."

"What's going on guys?... Where are we going?"

Dean looked over at Seth and gave her a smirk as she got into a car.

"You'll find out."

She looked over to Seth.

"Seth?"

"Don't look at me... I don't know what's going on either."

Melody was quiet and confused as she wondered what was going on. When the car finally stopped she got out and looked at Dean and Seth.

"Follow us Melody."

Melody didn't question them, she just did what they said. They had brought her to a pier, it was the same pier that her and Roman were on the first time they went to the beach. They walked out to the end of the pier and watched a few fishermen catch big fish. Melody still didn't know why she was here, they stayed out at the end of the pier for about an hour. It was already after eight and it was starting to get dark, the sun had already went down, but the sky still had a few colors from the sunset, but at the same time a few stars came out. The moon was out and every now and then a few fireworks would go off. It was the day after the Fourth of July, but people still liked setting off fireworks. She enjoyed the view of the sky and ocean. She thought this whole situation was weird... Dean and Seth just showing up and making her go with them. Out of all the placed they could have went to why a pier? She thought that Roman had been acting weird all day and now something didn't seem right, he didn't tell her what his family emergency was and she was suspicious and started wondering if something was going on. Did Roman even know that Dean and Seth came to pick her up? Finally Seth's phone went off and he looked at Dean and nodded his head. Melody looked at them and wondered what was going on.

"Ok Melody... We need to get going now."

"Seth you said you didn't know what was going on... You guys just show up and have me come with you... Why a pier? What's going on?"

Dean came up to her and pat her on the back.

"You need to relax Melody... You're taking things way too seriously... No harm done... We were just waiting for the right moment."

"The right moment?"

"Yeah... We got a message and now it's time to go."

"But where? What is going on? Would someone please tell me? Where are we going?"

"It's not where we're going... it's where you're going."

She had walked with them to a certain point on the pier and stopped with them.

Dean looked around and then looked at her and smirked.

"So... you really want to know what's going on?"

"Yes!"

Dean motioned for her to follow him.

"Ok.. Follow me..."

She followed him to the edge of the pier.

"Look down there."

Melody rolled her eyes and thought he was just playing games with her at this point but she thought she would look in the direction that he was pointing anyway. She thought her eyes were playing tricks on her so she had to look twice. Now she knew exactly what was going on and Dean and Seth didn't have to do or say anything else. She looked at them for a moment and realized that this whole thing was a set up. She looked over the side of the pier and into the sand. In the sand was a big heart and in it was a written message for her. The words... I love you Melody. Will you marry me? Melody looked down and saw Roman on the ground. He looked up at her with the biggest smile on his face and he was down on one knee holding a ring up for her to see. Melody held her hands up to her face, this was the biggest surprise of her life, she looked around to find the fastest way to get to Roman. There were stairs nearby that led from the pier to the beach where Roman was. Melody had the biggest smile on her face, her heart was beating inside her chest and she ran to the end of the pier to the stairs. Dean and Seth looked at each other and gave each other a fist bump as they watched Melody run to Roman. Melody carefully made her way down the stairs and onto the beach, she ran as fast as she could to Roman with the biggest smile on her face. She jumped at him and he caught her in his arms, she attacked his lips with a kiss. He kissed her back feeling nothing but passion and the deepest love for her. Finally they broke apart the kiss for air and he smiled at her and held her in his arms.

"So I'm guess that's a yes?"

Melody had a few tears in her eyes, but smiled as she nodded.

"Yes Roman! I will marry you!"

Roman took the ring from the box and slid it on her left hand on her ring finger. He took her hand and kissed it.

"I had this planned for at least three months now... I first thought about marrying you around Christmas... I knew right then that I wanted you in my life forever. Melody... you're the most beautiful girl in the world... I wanted this moment to be perfect, I wanted it to be a surprise, I didn't want you to see it coming. I needed a little bit of help. I had to pick up the ring so I had Dean and Seth pick you up, keep you distracted and keep you guessing. At one point I asked your mom for permission. She just want me to treat you right, and she wants you to be happy so she told me I could ask you. I don't want anyone else but you in my life Melody... as you already know... I would die for you Melody. I'm so in love with you Melody. I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. You're my whole life, my whole world. My heart belongs to you and I will love you... Always & Forever."

Melody looked at her necklace as he said this.

"I love you too Roman."

A few fireworks went off as they kissed and a small crowd had gathered and they were clapping. Dean and Seth had caught up to them. Dean smiled and gave Roman a fist bump.

"So I guess we'll be going to a wedding soon?"

"Yes. Thank you guys for helping out. I know how much you guys mean to Melody, so I wanted you guys to be here for this moment. How was the view from up there?"

"You two can't keep your hands off each other... But Seth and I knew you two were going to end up together. She had you whipped when we first started traveling together."

Roman rolled his eyes.

"Ok fine... So you guys were right. You guys did your part, now... if you'll excuse us... I'd like to spend some alone time with my future wife."

Melody laughed as Roman picked her up and carried her off.

"Where are we going Roman?"

"It's a surprise... just hang on tight."

"I don't know what to think about all of these surprises."

"We're not going far... I think you'll like this."

They stayed on the beach, and after five minutes Roman and Melody arrived at an isolated part of the beach, it was weird to find any part of the beach isolated since it was July, but there was an isolated part of the beach. Roman wanted to keep it simple this time, he laid out a blanket and picnic basket. There were a few candles lit, the wind outside wasn't blowing that much so the candle lights didn't go out. There were sandwiches, fruits, and vegetables in the basket along with a few bottles of water.

"I know it's not exactly like the night I cooked for us, but I was hoping you would still like it."

"It's perfect."

They sat and ate until they were full and then they just sat enjoying each other's company. It was dark now and they sat by the ocean as they looked at the stars and the moon. Melody sighed happily and kissed Roman.

"Thank you Roman for this unbelievable day... I'm never going to forget this, and I can't wait to marry you."

"And I can't wait to marry you."

Roman had his arms wrapped around her and she had her head rested on his shoulder. She smiled and closed her eyes for a moment.

"Looks like someone is tired."

"Yeah... Just a little."

"Well you said that you finally felt at home... I guess it's time to go home... to our home."

Melody smiled at him, but was so tired that she couldn't really get up. Roman didn't mind this, he took her into his arms and carried her home and covered her up in bed once they got home. Roman went to go change and a few minutes later he joined her in bed. Melody opened her eyes once she realized that she was home. Roman got in the bed and noticed that her eyes were open.

"We're home now. I'm glad you enjoyed our day together... looks like we'll be sharing many more days like this together. I love you Melody."

"I love you too Roman."

They kissed and wrapped their arms around each other and smiled as they both fell asleep.

Someone Special

Chapter Forty Five

The summer went by a lot faster than Melody and Roman hoped it would. They were both in awe, they were engaged to be married. When Roman wasn't busy with matches or meeting fans, he spent every moment he could with Melody. Melody was excited to be starting a new school year, she would get to see the students from the year before and she would get to meet new students. She was excited to be starting a new school year so she could teach the students, but at the same time a new school year meant that she wouldn't get to travel with Roman anymore and that he would be on the road a lot. When she got home, the first thing she did was call her mom and her friends from church and she told them that she was engaged. Her mom then told her that Roman had asked her for permission and that she gave him her blessing to marry her. Her friends congratulated her and offered to help set up a wedding. Everything seemed perfect, Melody was getting along with her mom again, she had new friends from church, she had a place to live, a job, transportation, and now she was looking forward to marrying the love of her life, her life had finally come together for the better. When school started the year before Roman and Melody wouldn't always get to video chat. Now that they were engaged Melody wasn't as worried about him leaving her for someone else, and he wasn't worried about her finding someone else, but they still missed being together. They had been together for over a year, some relationships were lucky to last a few months much less a year. People either wouldn't communicate enough or they would smother each other and get tired of each other. As for Roman and Melody they made it a goal to try to video chat everyday, and since they weren't always together smothering each other, they had the space they needed and when they would get to be together they were always excited and had something to look forward to. One night Melody was up late and was grading papers from a music assignment and Roman had just finished having a match so they were both tired, but Roman sent her a video chat request anyway. Melody smiled when she saw his name and picture pop up on her screen. He promised to make time for her everyday for at least five or ten minutes to talk to her. He had video chatted with her everyday and it had been two weeks since the school year started. They smiled at each other when she accepted the video chat request.

"Hey beautiful, how was your day?"

"Hey Roman, my day was great how about your day?"

"It was ok..."

"Just ok?"

"Yeah..."

"Well did you not have fun out there tonight on Raw?"

"I did... I just missed seeing my girl at ringside."

"I noticed that... Even though you won your match, you did seem a bit off your game tonight."

"I was... Dean and Seth are getting a little pissed off at me for not being completely focused on the match. I can't help it... It's going to be hard for a while to get used to being in matches without seeing my girl."

"Aw... I'm sorry Roman, I really wish there was a way I could help... Are you ok? You seem a little stiff."

"I'm just a little sore around my shoulders and back. I went shoulder first into one of the ring posts."

"Oh right... I remember seeing that. I really wish I could be there with you right now. You really worry me out there sometimes. If I were with you right now, I would rub your back and shoulders."

Roman smiled at this. He looked at Melody, she always wore her necklace. Then he remembered the two small pictures of them that he had in the front pocket of his Shield vest.

"I just can't get over how beautiful you are Melody... It always warms my heart to see you wear your heart necklace. You already know my heart belongs to you."

Melody looked at her necklace and then at her hand at the engagement ring on her finger and smiled at Roman.

"And mine belongs to you."

Roman smiled at her and took out the pictures from his pocket and showed them to her.

"See look... I had just finished my match. I told you before that even when you can't always be physically close to me... You're still always with me close to my heart... When I start my day, I kiss the pictures when I wake up, before I have a match, after I have a match and before I go to bed."

"Aw... I do something kind of like that. I kiss my necklace when I put it on in the mornings, when I'm at school, and when I take it off before I go to sleep at night."

Roman noticed that Melody would occasionally move papers.

"You seem a little busy, was I interrupting something?"

"Oh sorry, I was just going through some of the papers from the last assignment. I had a lot of papers to grade."

"Oh so you were busy before I called you. I'm sorry, you probably want to get those papers graded and get to bed. You look tired."

"I have most of them graded. I wanted to take a break so I could talk to you. I can grade the rest of them tomorrow."

"I'm sorry... I'm distracting you. I should have texted you first and asked if you were busy before I sent you a video chat request."

"It's not really that big of a deal. I can do the rest of them tomorrow before school starts. I'm working on multitasking. I wasn't that busy so I accepted your video chat request. We've talked every day now for two weeks since school started and I wanted to keep that going. You had a long match... You look tired too and you guys have to travel to the next town to do the same thing tomorrow."

"Yeah well I'm making you a promise... No matter how tired I am, I plan on video chatting with you everyday to check up on you and see how your day went. Even if it's for five or ten minutes... That short time together through video chat is better than not seeing or talking to you at all."

"So... You'll send me another request sometime tomorrow?"

"Yeah... Probably around six or seven tomorrow evening."

"I'll be looking forward to it... We can make this work."

"I know we will. Video chatting is great and all, but I can't wait to actually be with you again... To hold you and kiss you."

Melody smiled at him.

"In the meantime, I'm sending you a virtual hug and kiss."

Melody backed away from the screen and acted like she was hugging him and then blew a kiss at the screen. Roman smiled at her as she did this.

"I love you Melody... I'm going to let you go for the night so you can get some sleep ok?"

"Ok. I love you too Roman. Be careful in the ring and when you're traveling. Text me and let me know when you get to the next town ok?"

"I will... I'll talk to you tomorrow ok?"

"Ok."

"I can't wait until we're together again, and I can't wait to marry you and call you my wife."

"I'm looking forward to it."

"Ok... Sweet dreams Babygirl. I love you."

"I love you too Roman. Goodnight."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Melody and her friends spent months preparing for the wedding. Roman had come in a few times every other month to help as much as she could. Roman finally requested a week off a few months in advance once they had agreed on a wedding date. Melody's mom was with her along with her friends when she picked out her wedding dress. She wasn't exactly one of those people that believed that the groom wasn't supposed to see the wedding dress until the wedding day, but she still didn't want Roman to see it until the wedding day. She wanted him to be surprised and to see his reaction. They agreed on a wedding date, it would have to be during the week of her spring break. Finally it was the day of the wedding, since Melody's friends were from the church she went to it was easier to set the wedding up at the church. Her mom and her friends helped her with her dress hair and make up. Roman's dad, Dean, and Seth were there to help Roman get ready. He couldn't pick one best man so Dean and Seth were his best men for the wedding and Melody's friends were her bridesmaids. Roman was talking to Dean and Seth. Dean noticed Roman seemed a bit off.

"Roman... Are you with us? Are you having second thoughts about all of this?"

"What no..."

"Then what's on your mind?"

"Well... Melody and I have known each other for about two years now... You don't think I rushed into this and pressured Melody into getting married before she was ready do you? What if she's having second thoughts? Most marriages these days don't last. I want to be with her forever. If I ever lost Melody... I don't know what I would do... I think I would rather die than lose Melody."

Dean rolled his eyes and hit Roman in the arm.

"Yeah... We all know that. You about died for her last year... You about killed Wyatt on a few different occasions, and even accused me of messing around with her. Come on man... Brothers don't do that to each other."

"Right... I know... There is no doubt in my mind that I want to spend the rest of my life with Melody, but I can't say the same thing about her."

"Would it make you feel any better if Seth and I went to talk to her?"

"Yeah. Would you do that?"

"Well we were planning on talking to her anyway, but if it will make you feel better... I guess we'll check on her for you too."

Roman rolled his eyes as he continued getting ready as he watched Dean and Seth leave the room. Melody was having close to the same thoughts as Roman, she was worried about whether or not the marriage would last or if Roman really wanted to marry her. She still sometimes had doubts about him wanting to marry her because of the type of girl she was. It was hard for her to completely believe that Roman wanted to be with her, she had always had self esteem issues and didn't see herself as being pretty like other women. He could have been with any of the pretty Divas in WWE or with any other fan. This little bit of doubt within her caused her to stress out and not really believe that the marriage would last and she couldn't help but start crying. Her mom and friends gathered around her.

"Melody... What's wrong honey? This is supposed to be the happiest day of your life. Are you not excited about getting married? Are you having second thoughts?"

"No... I do want to get married... I love Roman, but how can he love me? I literally had nothing when he met me, I don't understand why he would love me... A lot of the divas and even some of his fans are prettier than me. He's a WWE Superstar and I'm a nobody... And I'll always be a nobody. Marriages these days don't last anyway... He'll get tired of me and want to move on... But I love Roman, I don't want to lose him."

Dean and Seth had been listening and heard how upset she was and at some point Dean heard enough and went in to see her.

"Hey! Enough of that!"

"Dean, Seth?!"

"Yeah... So Roman may not be allowed to see you in your wedding dress, but that doesn't mean that we can't. It's a good thing we were close by to hear all of the things you had to say. I've heard enough! Listen Melody... Starting today, right now and forever... I don't want to hear you talking bad about yourself or even thinking bad about yourself. No more! Just because you may have started out with nothing when you met Roman... That doesn't matter to him. It doesn't matter that he's a WWE Superstar, he would love you the same even if he wasn't in WWE. You're beautiful Melody... Who cares if anyone things different. We all think you're beautiful, now you need to start believing that... Listen to me when I say this!... This marriage is going to last and you want to know how I know that?!"

"H...How?"

"Because you're in love with Roman and he's in love with you... He's not going to get tired of you and move on. You're all he ever talk, or even thinks about. You're his whole life... His whole world. Think about it... If he didn't love you... He wouldn't have almost killed Bray Wyatt all of those times, hit me in the face for hugging you, let you travel with him or live in his house... If he didn't love you... He wouldn't have almost died for you."

Melody relaxed as Dean and Seth both hugged her. Finally Seth said something.

"This marriage is going to last and you're going through this marriage because you're in love with him, and because he's in love with you... You two belong together."

Melody hugged them tight and smiled as different tears went down her face.

"Thanks guys... Thanks for talking some sense into me. I've always had self esteem issues that it's caused me to doubt myself and doubt that Roman really loves me. I'm glad you guys were here. I have family looking down on me from heaven watching over me everyday, but over the last year or so I'm happy to say that God has given me a new family, a bigger family. Thank you for looking out for me and being my brothers."

Seth smiled at her and pat her shoulder.

"That's what The Shield is all about... Family and Brotherhood. You're our sister, we're supposed to look out for you."

Dean let go of the hug.

"Now... Wipe away those tears and do your make up again... Try to stay strong for us... Roman is going to lose his mind, forget his toughness and cry like a baby when he sees you... You look beautiful Melody... This wedding is happening!"

Now Melody's mom comes up to her and talks to her.

"Even though we haven't always got along, and I haven't always been the best mom, I just want you to know that... Even though I may not have planned for you, God did. What I thought of as a mistake was really the best thing that has ever happened to me. You have grown up so much over the past few years. You've been through a lot and I'm sorry for not being there for you when you needed me. Everyone needs help sometimes, but for the most part you found a way to put your life together on your own. You have your own house, car, the job you've always wanted and now a handsome, strong man to love and protect you. Your relationship is already better than the marriage between me and your dad. Dean is right... You need to stop talking and thinking bad about yourself. This marriage is going to last. I hope that maybe someday... I'll have at least one grandchild running around."

Melody blushed and smiled.

"Mom!"

"I know... Sorry, too early to think about that I guess. Anyway... I just wanted you to know that I wish you and Roman the best, that I'm very proud of you... Your dad, brother, and everyone else would be too. I've always been proud of you and loved you and I always will be proud of you and love you."

Melody hugged her mom and stopped crying.

"I love you too mom."

"Now... Come on, stop crying. Get it all out of your system now so we can redo your makeup and blow Roman away."

Melody didn't feel like crying anymore and she had her makeup done again. It was a few minutes before the wedding started so they had to hurry with her makeup. Dean and Seth now joined Roman in the sanctuary. All of Roman's family was there. Roman and Melody's friends and other guests were already there and were waiting for the wedding to start. Dean stood to Roman's left, and Seth stood on the other side of Dean. The pastor was there and ready. He had met with Roman and Melody separately and shook hands with the guests. Now he was standing with Roman waiting for the organist to start playing Here Comes the Bride. Roman looked over at Dean before the wedding started.

"So Dean... How was Melody?"

"Oh believe me... She's ready."

Melody was waiting behind the doors to the sanctuary, she was waiting for the doors to open. She wasn't going to cry anymore, all of her worries were gone thanks to her friends, her mom, and Dean and Seth. She had to have faith in Roman and trust in God to keep them together. She had to have faith and believe that this marriage would last. The same goes for Roman. It was in fact the happiest day of her life, the organist started playing Here Comes the Bride and she smiled and looked at her mom as her mom smiled and looked back at her. The doors opened and Melody and her mom slowly made their way to the front. Her mom was ready and had tissues with her, she knew she would shed a few tears as she watched her daughter go from one family to another. Melody looked around at the church decorations, she smiled at all the family, friends, and guest that was there. All eyes were on her, she smiled as she first saw Dean and Seth and then finally locked eyes with Roman. She smiled at him and noticed that he did in fact have tears in his eyes. She was actually so happy that it took everything she had not to cry. Roman took one of his hands and wiped the tears from his face. Finally Melody got to the front and held both of Roman's hands. In the back of Roman's mind, until he saw Melody walk through the doors, he thought he might have had a case of runaway bride, but here she was... It was like Dean said, she was ready.