• Advertisement

289a. My Friend Patty

Shark Tale

I NEVER thought I would ever see something as weird as the "Spongebob Squarepants" writers, not only re-doing an episode idea they already TRIED once and failing at it, but actually pulling it off a LOT better! Unlike "To Love A Patty", the premise is that Sandy brings a Krabby Patty to sentient life using her technology! Naturally, Spongebob wants to have fun with it; but what Spongebob doesn't realize (at first) is that the sentient Krabby Patty's only desire is to be eaten. (Kind of like the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you CAN'T make it drink any".) I thought the funniest part of the episode was when Spongebob thought the Goofy Goober mascot was EATING the sentient Krabby Patty on PURPOSE; so Spongebob takes the sentient Krabby Patty OUT of the Goofy Goober, claiming he WILL never visit a restaurant that tries to eat his friends EVER again, only to INSTANTLY pop back in saying that he will be BACK tomorrow, as if NOTHING happened! Anyways, as soon as Spongebob finds out that the sentient Krabby Patty really DOES want to be eaten, Spongebob at LEAST tries to find who is the best fit for him. However, the candidates who apply (like Slappy, Old Man Walker, Bubble Bass, and Nosferatu) ALL have problems with their mouths! Thankfully, Sandy points out that Spongebob HIMSELF would be a good candidate! Unfortunately, Bubble Bass and a bunch of the OTHER failed candidates WON'T let Spongebob eat the sentient Krabby Patty without a fight! And while a "Big Ball of Violence" is erupting, who should end up EATING the sentient Krabby Patty except GARY?! However, the candidates aren't PLEASED that Sandy was the one who CAUSED them to turn on each other in the first place, and Sandy REALIZES that there are SOME things that SHOULDN'T be brought to life, so she brings to life a barrel, and she rides her way out of the Krusty Krab! I guess I'd give this episode an 8.5 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!