• Advertisement

288b. Plankton and the Beanstalk

Shark Tale

I think if "The Patrick Star Show" has been good for anything BESIDES finding ways for making Patrick Star more entertaining in ways that DON'T just involve stupidity, I think it's allowed the writers to be more comfortable in experimenting with story ideas in general. For instance, prior to the creation of "The Patrick Star Show", I don't think the idea of having Plankton be the GENUINE protagonist of his OWN story (let alone, one that involved Spongebob Squarepants in a NON-anthropomorphic role), would've seen the light of day on "Spongebob Squarepants". It figures that Plankton wouldn't have FALLEN for somebody TRYING to sell him a Magic Bean. Instead, he sees a Vending Machine (since his wife Karen is a clockwork machine in his story, there's nobody telling him what CAN and couldn't be a possibility in his story), that promises that the Magic Bean (for just ONE farthing), can make him RICH beyond his wildest dreams! To both Karen and Plankton's surprise, the Magic Bean WORKS and grows into a bean stalk that takes him up into the clouds! Up there, he meets the SPONGE Goose that lays the edible, Golden Krabby Patties, who does so after hearing the beautiful music that the Giant Mr. Krabs FORCES the magical harp portrayed by Squidward, to play! Plankton was initially CONTENT with just taking ONE Golden Krabby Patty, but after Mr. Krabs TRIES to feed Plankton to the Sponge Goose, Plankton decides to liberate the Sponge Goose from Mr. Krabs castle! After Plankton PAINFULLY lands on the ground (forgetting that geese CAN fly), Plankton decides to cut the knot and simply uses a LASER (again, it IS his story) to cut down the beanstalk! While Mr. Krabs ends up CRUSHING Plankton and Karen's house, the episode ENDS with Plankton and Karen being SUCCESSFUL, in having the Sponge Goose perform for the public, and being able to sell the edible Golden Krabby Patties to paying customers, out of a RESTAURANT that they made from the Giant Mr. Krabs OLD crab shell; forcing an EMBARRASSED and naked Mr. Krabs to try to pay for a Golden Krabby Patty himself, only to be refused due to Plankton's rule of "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service!" (No doubt still REMEMBERING the trauma from "The Algae Is Always Greener". I'd give this episode segment a 9.9 out of 10, only because we never SAW Plankton free Squidward from Mr. Krabs' castle. Enough said, true believers!