• Advertisement

017b. Patrick's Got a Zoo Loose

Shark Tale

This episode had a really unique idea, and the writers definitely put it to good use! When Space Rube (I'm starting to think it would be EASIER to keep track of the times where my predictions DON'T pan out, seeing my metaphorical batting average be as high as it is), visits the show, he brings a shape shifting alien (whose default form is that of a giant, purple spider), who can change into ANYTHING it wants! Unfortunately, it gets loose in the Star House, and Patrick has to turn into Space Hunter Patrick TM, with Squidina doing her best Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney impression by running around the home, giving the other Star family members vouchers, in order to cover for the damages that Patrick and the Shape Shifting Alien do around the house! While Patrick certainly at least TRIES to be more competent in this episode than he has in previous episodes, he still can't beat a ferocious Shape Shifting Alien! Fortunately, Squidina manages to use the Shape Shifting Alien's own pride against it, by TRICKING it into transforming into an ice cream cone, which Patrick than promptly eats! However, in the most BIZARRE "Mind Screw" ending yet, Space Rube, Cecil Star, the audience, Squidina, and even Patrick ALL transform into the default form of the Shape Shifting Alien! If it weren't for the out of place ending (even by THIS show's standards), the episode would've gotten a 9.9 out of 10; but as such, the episode gets an 8.5 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!