• Advertisement

Fighting For You

WWESpongefan

(If anyone has ever read any of my past spinoffs you'll know it always involves Spandy. This is no different except I hope this will be better than my other stories. I've been working on my writing skills so I hope I've improved, but I'm sure that my grammar, and spelling isn't going to be perfect. Anyway I hope you enjoy it.)

It was a warm sunny day in Bikini Bottom around late spring/early summer. It was also the weekend meaning Spongebob didn't have to work. Since he had the day off from work he thought he would have a little fun. He went over to Sandy's treedome to see if she was busy. Before he got there however, he saw through her clear glass dome that she was hard at work on her science experiments. Being the polite guy that he was he didn't really want to interrupt so he decided to visit another time. He was slightly disappointed though because he was really looking forward to seeing her. Recently whenever he came by she would always be working on her experiments and hardly even noticed that he was there. Spongebob's disappointment didn't last long, being the optimistic guy that he is he just continued walking. If there was one thing he loved it was nature walks.

Sandy's treedome wasn't too far from Jellyfish Fields. Spongebob couldn't help himself, it was like the jellyfish were calling him to a challenge, that challenge being chasing them. He is always prepared with his trusty jellyfish net. He spotted one not to far from where he was standing and the chase was on. For several minutes he chased after a few jellyfish. He was successful at catching two or three but when they started stinging him he decided that it was time to move along.

As he walked further along he found himself at Goo Lagoon, it was much hotter there than downtown Bikini Bottom. As he was walking along the beach he spotted Larry the Lobster, showing off in front of the ladies of course. He remembered the ripped pants incident, he only really did it to get Sandy's attention. Sometimes he sees Sandy and Larry hanging out and not only does it make him jealous but it hurts him a little. Spongebob still had the idea that Sandy liked tall, tough, muscular guys. He knew he couldn't compete with Larry because when it came to ladies he knew Larry would win hands down. Not only was Larry strong but he was also a life guard so who wouldn't love him? Of course the only lady Spongebob cared about was Sandy, he saw how many ladies were drooling over Larry and was glad Sandy wasn't one of them.

Spongebob liked impressing Sandy but with Larry being a strong life guard and Spongebob just being a fry cook who would be impressed by that? He didn't realize it but he stopped walking and was tuned into Larry's conversation. The ladies that Larry was hanging around with left and now Larry was with other strong guys working out. While Larry was talking he mentioned Spongebob's name, what he didn't know was that Spongebob was nearby.

"Dude you should have seen Spongebob last week. He was out with Sandy... Just hanging out... The guy has no moves. I think everyone in town knows he has a thing for her, but he just won't make a move. Not that I think Sandy really likes him anyway. I think she's only friends with him because she feels sorry for him. I mean he's not that strong, he doesn't even have his license, his only other friend is a pink idiot, and he works at The Krusty Krab, what a loser."

Spongebob gets mad over hearing that but it's what Larry says next that really gets him angry.

"Hey you know Sandy isn't just smart, but she's smokin' hot. You know what... Since Spongebob won't make a move I guess I will. If things don't work out with me and Sandy oh well who cares... I mean it's not like I don't have like ten other ladies that like me."

Spongebob then decides that he's had enough and decides to make his presence known. He clears his throat really loud and everyone turns around.

"Haha funny joke Larry... At least I hope you were joking... All of that talk about me being a loser and all..."

Larry looks at him for a moment and tries to act like a nice guy around him, but Spongebob saw his true colors. Spongebob even tried to become friends with him in hopes that Larry would be nicer to him and get the hint that he liked Sandy and back off, but Larry took his friendship as some kind of joke and just acted nice while he was around but talked about him behind his back. Not only that but Larry still had thoughts of trying to hit on her.

"Oh hey Spongebob... buddy, of course I was kidding."

"Really? It sounded like you were pretty serious to me. It sounded to me like you called me a loser because of where I work and the type of friends I have."

One of Larry's friends added something to what was said.

"And because he said you couldn't ever make a move with Sandy and that he was going to."

Larry quickly elbowed the guy trying to get him to shut up. Spongebob then continued with what he was saying.

"So yeah Larry I heard every word."

Larry was trying not to burst out laughing because he could hear Spongebob's tone of voice get angrier.

"Ok so yeah you heard right Spongebob, what are you going to do about it?"

"I'm going to stay here and stand my ground. You know I don't really care what you or your friends think about me. I'm happy with the life I have... Sure it may not be the life that everyone wants but it suits me just fine. You can talk about me all you want but you leave the rest of my friends out of it. Patrick and Sandy are the best friends I've ever had."

Larry comes back quick with a response.

"Yeah so Patrick and Sandy are your only two real friends that you have, but of course everyone knows you like Sandy, she might even know... You know she is probably just friends with you because the only other friend you have is Patrick and she feels sorry for you. She feels sorry for you, but not sorry enough that she would ever go out with you."

Spongebob didn't really know what else to say because for all he knew Larry could have been telling the truth. Larry laughed because he felt that he had won.

"You know what else Spongebob... You've been friends with her for years now... You've had plenty of time to make a move, but since you didn't I guess I will. Face it Spongebob... You and Sandy have always been stuck in the friend zone and guess what... That's not about to change."

Spongebob gets angry again and finally came up with something to say.

"Even if Sandy never really likes me the way I'd like I'm still going to be a good friend to her and as her friend I'm not going to let guys like you hurt her. I heard what you said earlier... You said if things didn't work out between you and Sandy that you would have other girls that like you. My question is... You know I like Sandy... Why do you keep trying to take her from me?"

"Because Sandy is smokin' hot and you don't stand a chance with her."

Spongebob is so mad that he shouts out something that Larry doesn't want to hear.

"Sandy would never go out with you!"

Larry and his friends start laughing... They have never heard anything so ridiculous.

"What makes you say that? I'm talk, strong, handsome, I'm a life guard... Must I go on?"

"Sandy wouldn't care about any of that... It's what's on the inside that counts... Your character so to say. She wouldn't like your character at all because you're an arrogant selfish jerk that thinks he can do what he wants."

Some of Larry's friends started laughing at Larry.

"Oh... He just burned you Larry... Score one for the frycook."

"Yeah Larry... Spongebob just put you in your place... What are you going to do about it?

Larry starts getting embarrassed because his crowd agreed with Spongebob. Larry knew that he was losing this verbal fight so he decided to turn the tables and make things physical. Finally Larry lost his temper and hit Spongebob in the face. Spongebob had no idea that this fight would get physical, he was just being defensive over himself and his friends. Spongebob of course wasn't really the kind of guy to get in a fight. He knew karate, but couldn't really do anything. If it was a fair fight Spongebob could've taken Larry down by himself, but some of Larry's loyal friends got the hint and they started beating down on Spongebob. Not all of the people there approved of what Larry was doing but since they didn't know what to do they sat there powerless and watched what happened.

Luckily someone that mattered was nearby. It was Patrick of course... He sometimes randomly walks anywhere... Luckily for Spongebob that Patrick saw what happened. He wasn't very smart, but he knew better than to just jump into a fight so he decided to run for help. Luckily he ran to the right person... This person just happened to live in a treedome. He ran through the doors without his water helmet.

"Sandy come quick help."

Sandy was kind of annoyed with Patrick because he would sometimes randomly run in yelling help for no reason.

"What is it this time Patrick? I'm busy working here."

"Come quick Sandy!"

"So I can what fight an invisible burglar?"

"No Sandy for real come with me... Spongebob is in trouble."

Sandy wasn't sure if she should listen to Patrick or not, he could have been just making up stories, but something in her believe him so she put on her suit and helmet and ran out the door.

"What kind of trouble is Spongebob in Patrick?"

Patrick forgot for a moment...

"Uh..."

"Patrick!"

"Oh yeah...Larry and a bunch of his friends are beating up Spongebob.

For a moment Sandy almost didn't believe him because she thought Spongebob and Larry were friends.

"Why would he do that? I thought they were friends."

"I don't know... all I know is Spongebob is in trouble."

Sandy and Patrick ran to Goo Lagoon as fast as they could and arrived just when the fight was about to end. Spongebob wasn't doing so good. He was getting loopy from all the hits he was receiving.

"Is that all you got? You hit like a girl..."

Larry's friends were holding Spongebob back as Larry hit Spongebob again. Finally they threw him down for a moment... Larry thought he had done enough and had won but changed his mind when he heard Spongebob again...

"Hit me all you want... I still love Sandy...and nothing you do will ever change that."

"Oh yeah... is Sandy worth this..."

Larry punched Spongebob one last time, this time knocking him out. Sandy and Patrick just got there but were angered at what just happened and they were angry with themselves for not getting there sooner. Sandy literally pushed people out of her way so she could get at Larry. Patrick was mad too but Sandy beat him to Larry so he just decided to let Sandy do the work. When Larry saw Sandy he tried to act like he didn't know what was going on but Sandy wasn't easily fooled.

"Woah Sandy... How long have you been there?"

"Long enough to see you knock out my friend."

"What... I swear I have no idea how that happened."

"Don't play dumb with me... I know I just got here but I heard what Spongebob just said and what you did."

"So... What's the big deal... It's just Spongebob."

"Just Spongebob! He's my friend! I'll teach you to mess with my friends..."

Larry's friends get the idea to run because they knew about Sandy's temper. They saw what Sandy did to Larry and decided they did not want to be around once she was done with him. Once Sandy took care of Larry and the crowd disappeared it was just Sandy, Spongebob, and Patrick.

"Hey Sandy... Spongebob isn't looking too good over here."

"Oh poor Spongebob. Come on Patrick help me get him back to the treedome."

Once they get him to the treedome they place Spongebob on Sandy's couch. Sandy goes to get some bandages and a cool rag to wipe the blood off of his face. Patrick sat around not really knowing what to do. He watched as Sandy was taking care of Spongebob and thinks...

"They sure do look out for each other...most of the time Spongebob is trying to protect her or she's helping Spongebob. Sandy heard how he really feels for the first time. Something is going to happen now... I just hope that something is a good something."

Spongebob finally wakes up once he feels a cool rag on his face. The first thing he saw was Sandy.

"Oh...what...am I dead?"

"No... But you could have been... You had me worried there for a while there."

Spongebob noticed the way the light shown around Sandy. He wasn't convinced.

"You mean I'm not in the presence of an angel?"

Sandy had a small blush on her face. She didn't really know what to say next so Patrick said something for her.

"No you're alive. Sandy kicked Larry's butt for you?"

"Oh... Yeah... He just kind of hit me out of no where and his friends grabbed me so I couldn't fight back... Ow... I can still feel the sting of his punches..."

"Actually that's Peroxide...to help with your wounds."

"Oh.. wait how did you guys know I was in trouble?"

"Oh... I was randomly walking along and I saw Larry start the fight so I ran to get help."

"Thanks guys... Who knows what else Larry would have done if you hadn't of shown up?"

"He could have killed you."

"I didn't know Larry was going to start a fight... I was just talking to him. He said some very bad things so I stood up to him and spoke my mind."

Patrick got bored with the conversation and left them alone.

"You spoke your mind, that was awfully brave of you... What kind of things did he say?"

"He was talking about how all of the ladies...including you liked him because he was a tall, strong, life guard and that I was a loser because I didn't really have any friends and because of the job I work at. But what made me mad is what he said about you... He said that he was going to make a move on you and if things didn't work out he would still have other girls that like him. It upset me because I didn't want him to hurt you..."

Suddenly the atmosphere in the room changed.

"Spongebob when I got there I heard what you had to say?"

"What did I say? I was probably out of it..."

"You told him to keep hitting you and that you still love me... And that nothing he did would stop you."

"Oh...you heard that?"

"I sure did Spongebob and I think that it was really sweet the way you stood up for yourself and me and Patrick."

"Thanks Sandy... But something that Larry said stuck with me?"

"What was that Spongebob?"

"He said that the only reason why you became friends with me is because you felt sorry for me because my only other friend is Patrick."

"Oh Spongebob... You shouldn't believe everything you hear... That's not true at all. I became friends with you because when we first met you tried to save me from that giant clam before you even knew me. I became friends with you because no one has ever cared about me as much as you."

Spongebob smiled at this and thought of something.

"You know Sandy... Even though Larry might have won the physical fight with me I think I won with the verbal fight. You know what Sandy... I was fighting for you... I love you Sandy."

Sandy smiles at him and looks at him in the eyes.

"You know what Spongebob... Once I heard what you said to him and once he knocked you out... I was fighting for you too."

Since Sandy was wiping him off with a cool rag he didn't really need his helmet at the moment. Spongebob had told her that he loved her but he was still left wondering if she loved him. She leaned over to him and kissed him on the lips. Spongebob couldn't believe it... He was sure that he was dreaming, but finally he kissed her back. When the kiss ended Sandy finally said what he's always wanted her to say.

"I love you too Spongebob."

They smiled at each other and knew that they were both worth fighting for.

The End.