• Advertisement

Island (2014)

shin

This will be the designated thread for the re-imagining of "Island", as well as all related discussion.

As of now, the first episode is not yet finished. But here is a rough(?) preview of what is to come...

AUDIO TRANSCRIPT RECORDED 8:01 PM, JULY 3, 20XX

ROGER RAMHINE HIGH SCHOOL RELIEF SHELTER, CARMINE HILLS, CALIFORNIA

Acosta: This is FBI Agent Tormi Acosta. We are recording the interrogation of Survivor 0006, Justin Kim.
0006 came to us, in a rather panicked nature, claiming he knew the leader of the group who apparently all of the survivors believed perpetrated the destruction of the metropolitan area of Carmine Hills. Interviewing Mr. Kim will be our chief investigator from Dark Ops, Yianni Thorne.

QUESTIONING SESSION #01

(00:00:00) Yianni: Mr. Kim? I'm Agent Thorne. I'm here to talk to you about coming forward with information about persons of interest we are pursuing in this case. Our field psychologist has cleared you, so we are ready to hear what you have to tell us.

(00:00:32) Justin: I... believe I know who their leader is.

(00:00:36) Yianni: Can you describe everything you know about him?

(00:00:44) Justin: Sure. His name is Dylan. At least that's what he went by. When we were really close, he had told he was born as "Shiva". He hated the name, and he never told me who decided to name him that. I was the only one among his friends who knew about it, and I thought it honestly wasn't much of a big deal... but he made me promise to never tell a soul. So I didn't. Anyway, we bonded as any two dudes going to high school did, right up until junior year. We had known each other for about five years before that, and each year he had grown more distant. He'd tell me about how he couldn't wait until he could "break out of his shell". I assumed at the time he meant his shyness towards the opposite sex since he was single the whole time I knew him, but something in the back of my head told me otherwise. Anyways, it was around the start of the second semester, after the second day or so. I had gotten a panicked call from his foster parents asking if I knew where he was. He hadn't come home in a week, and his folks had gotten used to him being out of the house for days. But an entire week was stretching it. He stopped talking to me around winter break, so I hadn't gotten to contact him in weeks. He told me before he stopped talking to me that he'll contact me and not to worry about a thing, so I did just that. Disappearing randomly was something I had gotten used to from him, so I complied with no hesitation. Then, the incident all of your men call "Summer Monsoon" occurred. It was chaos in the most literal sense. I had no idea what was going on, but the air of death and destruction just reeked all over the place. I managed to hide in the crawlspace underneath my house, and looked on at what had been unfolding. Houses all around me were being flattened by guys that looked like they were around my age, entrails weaving around lightposts like a goddamn Christmas decoration. Now, I've heard from everyone else who made it that they seemed to forget everything after getting a glimpse at anyone who was causing destruction, up until you guys came. I didn't.

(00:03:06) Yianni: Do you think it has something to do with the possibility of knowing their leader?

(00:03:20) Justin: It has EVERYTHING to do with that.

(00:03:25) Yianni: Tell me more...

(00:03:31) Justin: Gladly. He... he had no trouble tearing my family to pieces. My parents would be sobbing at his feet... then seconds later, he'd suspend them in mid-air and slowly pick out their internal organs through their skin. They would cry and moan, and he'd be smiling. ... I... give me a second. (pause for 2 minutes) Anyway... he'd let his grip loosen if they cried enough. But after tugging at them for a few minutes, he eventually just crushed their skulls into fine powder from the inside, and let their skin act almost like a bag for everything else left intact. I would see all manner of things pouring from every orifice on their face... it's something that changes you. I had a rocky relationship with my folks through my whole life, but it still hurt like hell to see it happen. Then he noticed me hiding. I felt my body almost phase out of existence, then I found myself hanging over at least a couple thousand feet over the city. He told me he wanted me to "bear witness and to spread the great news, of a liberator... a liberator whose sole purpose is to free the common man from his tortured existence by crushing their physical property and being." I saw things I had never seen in my entire life. A nearby mountain being flattened in the blink of an eye, buildings toppled by some unnatural gale, needles flying around... it was like H.R. Giger and Michael Bay's wet dreams coalesced into one grotesque masterpiece. After that, I felt the wind literally leave my body, to wake up at the edge of the city, in front of the first vehicles your men sent in. I'm telling you, knowing him... he's not going to stop. If I were you, I'd find the biggest cache of nukes you can find, and aim them all squarely at him. That man will come at us like a fucking wrecking ball, and he's not going to stop until he's taken a swing at mankind.

• Like 7