• Advertisement

Transient

shin

CSRA99b.jpg

"This could be the start of the greatest story anyone has ever told.

It's not a story to me, but I'm not sure if anything is really as it seems..."

Ch. I: Forerunner

A journey not so much into the unknown, but the people who forge their homes well within the reaches of our minds. The influences they hold, the paths they create through memories we held with them. Some might not be with us in the world we sense, but somewhere, within the shelters they've made in our thoughts, they live.

It started as far back as I can remember. I can't remember much from that long ago-- this is something I've always had a problem with, so please bear with me.

I don't remember what my name even is. I think I'm 17. I was on a solid white bus; the bendy kind. I was riding with at least fifteen people, the number's unclear to me now. I had fallen asleep. I hear a crunching noise.

You see, I hear loud noises every time I fall asleep. Water splashing into my ears, loud popping, sometimes even a scream or so. That's when I know it's a nightmare... when there's screaming.

But I fell asleep, and I woke up right away. Something wasn't right...

The colors seemed off. Maybe my eyes were adjusting to the light again. Maybe I had a dream and didn't remember. Yeah, that happens sometimes...

I got off at my stop. Tenth one from the layover. I gave my thanks to the driver, but he was focused on something else. His head seemed to be turned to the left, and his posture was a little strange, but I gave it no mind.

As soon as I stepped out, my right foot felt damp. The bus had already started moving just as I had both feet on the sidewalk. I guess the damp feeling's just because of the humid heat. I don't remember it being this hot and cloudy around this time of year-- maybe a storm's just come into town. Either way, I started feeling the rain drip down from the clouds. It felt hot on my skin... Like fire. I made my way home, but then...

• Like 5