tvguy's signature avatar.
|Registration Date||November 1, 2009|
|Notable Creations||Octerror Fest, Spin-Off Festival, V5 Dolphin, V8 Orca, SpongeBoard, SpongeBob Universe, iFish, Splash, Down Under,|
|Staff||1st Director in Chief, 3rd leader|
|3rd Leader of SBC|
November 23, 2011 (de facto) |
July 11, 2012 (official)
|Exited Position||June 5, 2013|
|Head of Innovation||Clapmaster|
|Head of Technologies||hilaryfan80|
|Director of Publicity||Wumbology|
|Director of Wikis||AMK152|
|Director of Human Resources||ssj4gogita4|
|Representative Board of SBC|
|Chairperson of the Board||
Unlimitedcha (2013) |
CNF1 (2013) |
Servin' Up Smiles (2012-2013) |
ExKizuna (2013) |
Steel Sponge (2012-2013)
Crushingmayhem (2013) |
Old Man Jenkins (2012-2013)
tvguy347 is a former administrator of The SpongeBob Community. He joined on November 2, 2009 and became an admin on June 21, 2010. He has been responsible for much of the activity increases on SBC, its design, and features.
On June 1, 2013, tvguy resigned as Director In Chief of SBC due to disagreements with the rest of staff, but later returned in August 2013.
tvguy left the staff permanently on December 30, 2013.
tvguy joined TV.com on August 3, 2009 and began creating blogs featuring fan fiction. He was not particularly active on the SpongeBob board, but became friends with many of its regulars. Upon seeing CF3689's blog post regarding the newly founded SpongeBob Community, he joined the forums on November 2, 2009. He created a spin-off called Years Before SpongeBob. He became increasingly more involved on SBC than TV.com, and was eventually promoted as one of SBC's first moderators in January 2010 alongside jjsthekid and spongebobs1fan. When terminoob left SBC in June 2010, that70sguy92 promoted both tvguy and jjs to positions as administrators. tvguy was forced to briefly relinquish his position as admin when terminoob threatened to delete the site if he wasn't. He was re-promoted later in the year, alongside ExKizuna, who had replaced him.
that70sguy92 and tvguy developed a strong friendship, with many of tvguy's ideas being approved under 70s's administration. They attempted a spin-off together with sbs1fan called The Island Sponge, introducing the concept of group-spin-offs to SBC (70 had written the first group-spin-off with thesuitelife44 on TV.com). tvguy covered design on SBC, creating a Halloween and Christmas skin in 2010. In conjunction with twins Face and hilaryfan80, both of whom would join the SBC staff permanently, tvguy created V5 Dolphin (which really should have been V1), SBC's first major release.
Move to vBulletin
Up until August 2011, SBC had operated on the free forum site, Forumotion. With activity rapidly increasing in the beginning half of 2011, the staff began to look into possibly moving. Face and hilaryfan80 created a test site, which was blasted by SBC staff for being too slow. However, in July 2011, a massive hack attack by a still-unknown perpetrator prompted the staff to look into moving off Forumotion entirely. tvguy led the move, purchasing vBulletin software and the server space. hilaryfan80 and Face moved SBC off of Forumotion and onto vBulletin, assisting in the setup. However, the move was plagued with errors. Some users lost their accounts entirely, others were unable to log in, and the site was slow and buggy.
Although bugs were ultimately resolved, the site still remained somewhat slower than that of Forumotion. Activity declined until it was roughly half of what it was pre-hack-attack. The first Octerror Fest managed to spark some activity, including successful SpongeBob Jeopardy games, but activity continued to drop. The move heavily strained the staff, particularly the previously-strong relationship between 70s and tvguy. Although still Main Admin, 70s was doing markedly less than tvguy. Fights ensued in the Staff Lounge, particularly between 70s/tvguy and 70s/teenj. In late November, 70s took a sabbatical. Further arguments, "boorish" behavior (as described by Wumbology), and insults towards other staff members prompted tvguy to demote 70s. Outrage split the Community, but tvguy held his position for several days before holding a rally and voting to abolish the Main Admin position. 70s was made an administrator again, with it made abundantly clear he was no longer the leader. The power struggle destroyed the community, with tvguy becoming a consultant in January and essentially leaving, and 70s resigning in February. The site had lost its two leaders.
Orca and SBC Revival
In the aftermath of the events of December 2011, the community was left with jjsthekid was the sole admin, Jelly, SpongeSebastian, and teenj12 as moderators, and hilaryfan80 as the tech guru. Before resigning, tvguy promoted Wumbo back to the position of admin. Jjsthekid and Wumbo held interviews to fill 70s's spot. CDCB was chosen. In March 2012, SBC was shut down by Lunarpages for 4 days because of the large number of resources it was using. They were forced to once again change software, moving to phpBB3. Several more accounts were lost. Activity was virtually at a standstill, at 2009 levels. It stayed this way until April, when tvguy and 70s returned, with tvguy pushing for SBC to move to IP.Board. A 5-3 vote approved the move, and thus Orca was born. Released on June 15, 2012 to monumental success, activity rebounded instantly as the move was smooth. In July, tvguy proposed a staff restructuring that would officially made him the lead admin of the site, as well as creating a more structured hierarchy. It was adopted, CDCB was demoted, and 70s became chairman of the newly created Representative Board of SBC, an elected board of users meant to balance out the power of the staff. It was created to prevent a repeat of the disaster at the end of the previous year.
tvguy hatched the idea of SpongeBob Universe in that month, and began setting it up with AMK152, the leader of the SpongeBob Wikia. New projects were born. A massively successful Octerror Fest took place for the entire month of October 2012 as activity returned to normal and continued to increase rapidly. In November 2012, SBU officially formed, consisting of SBC and SBW.
SBU officially launched on January 1, 2013 after a countdown. Orca 8.3 was released alongside it. Initial reactions were incredibly positive, although people ultimately found bugs on the site and Wiki users disliked the newly created site on the SBC server. They did not transfer over, and as a result, the new Wiki never took off and sat untouched. The Wiki users did, however, join SBC and SBC's activity skyrocketed to unprecedented heights. It began to taper, however, and the merger ultimately failed. Aquatic Nuggets eventually called this out, and a second SBU launch was planned for July 20, 2013. This attempt was coupled with the release of SBC Oceans. Both Oceans and the new SBU were poorly received and the SBU staff reached an impasse. AMK began to grow irritated. SBU ultimately disbanded in 2014. It was revived later as SpongeBob Infinity.
2013 to present
Jjsthekid held the massively successful March Madness and activity continued to go up, reaching the forum's highest levels ever. In May, tvguy led the first Spin-Off Festival in two years. It was a huge success. In June, disagreement between jjs and tvguy led to their dual resignation. Aquatic Nuggets was selected as the new site leader. jjs and tvguy returned as administrators two months later. However, tvguy permanently resigned from the staff in December 2013. He is currently a Retired Employee and continues to serve as an advisor to the current staff (something all former staff members do, as they retain access to the Staff Lounge) and occasionally contributes graphics.
tvguy headed the development of SBC versions v5 Dolphins, v7 Clownfish, Orca 8, Oceans 9, and Tiki 10. He is also responsible for the popular Octerror Fest and Spin-Off Festival events, as well as much of the design seen on SBC.
tvguy is known for being very dedicated to SBC, always believing in innovation. Despite his vision, he has been criticized for trying to take SBC places a few people don't feel it needs to be taken and not being content with the Community for what it currently is. He is very demanding and straightforward, something that has caused several staff members to resign. At times, he has even gone as far as telling people that they're "too fucking stupid" to understand. He likes to have things certain ways, and has raged when people change aesthetics of the website without his permission, yelling at them and questioning their competence. However, on the contrary, he has made the staff more democratic, and less of an autocracy as it once was, as well as made site-changing innovations that have revolutionized the Community. Besides hilaryfan80, he has the most experience with coding and manages the servers and website. He is a huge advocate on collaboration, and has demanded people's input, at points threatening to remove them from the staff unless they participated. On the flip-side, when people propose ideas, he wants to be convinced. He also offers an opinion fairly quickly, known for saying, "That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard", and coming back the next day and saying that it's an amazing idea.
Opinions of tvguy were initially negative, several calling him a noob. However, as time progressed, several praised his maturity for his young age, calling him one of the brightest young minds they'd ever come across. After several incidents, he has regained respect from the Community as the one with the vision. Despite this, he has crossed many because of his brutal management style. Several described him as a "shithead" and "the reason SBC's staff sucks." Because of his unorthodox management methods, fellow administrators and staff members have resigned because of tvguy's micromanaging and sometimes rude comments on ideas, opinions, and occasionally even people. He was, however, credited with revitalizing SBC in 2012 after the collapse it faced earlier in the year.
tvguy is most notably known in the Spin-Off industry for his hit Down Under, which was the second-most read spin-off while it aired, only behind Bikini Top. Down Under had an enormous imapct on the modern lit and spin-off world, being a pioneer of spin-offs that featured SBC members as its central cast. Down Under won numerous Spinnys, received critical acclaim, and eventually became a cult hit, as well as tvguy's most popular and known work. The show has since inspired an influx of spin-offs and lits in the same vein and is now considered a classic in the Spin-Off Silver Age. However, criticism of Down Under has been considerably worse as time has gone on and is now viewed as one of the worst spin-offs on SBC among the Big Three (Bikini Top, Down Under, and SBC Parallel Universe). Its incoherent storyline, unlikable characters, and all around fucked up nature have made it infamous for being awful. It thus remains an iconic part of SBC's spin-off history, nonetheless. He also wrote The Inside Job, a lit which hit #1 on the SpongeBoard.
List of Spin-Offs/Lits
- The Krusty Krab: The Years Before SpongeBob (November 2, 2009)
- The Life of Gary (December 22, 2009)
- Mr. Krabs and the Pirates (December 22, 2009)
- Underwater Survivor: New Kelp City (December 23, 2009)
- Les Indices (January 31, 2010)
- The Island Sponge (January 31, 2010) - Written with that70sguy92 and sbs1fan
- Dutchmannapped (April 6, 2010)
- Golden Pearl (April 19, 2010)
- Bones and Blood - Stories from tvguy347 (April 28, 2010)
- Blood and Bones (May 24, 2010)
- Crime Files from the Mind of tvguy (May 30, 2010)
- Atlantis Futureplantis (July 1, 2010)
- New Spin-Off (July 31, 2010)
- GHOST FISH (August 2, 2010)
- 37 - SBC (August 14, 2010)
- At Dawn We Die (August 21, 2010)
- ChatterVix (September 4, 2010)
- Down Under (October 3, 2010)
- Dancing with the Spin-Off Stars (November 23, 2010)
- The Spin-Off Ring (December 14, 2010)
- Superlicious Froyo (December 14, 2010)
- The Parody Panel (December 30, 2010)
- Me, Cause I'm Self-Centered (January 1, 2011)
- The Skilled (January 15, 2011)
- The Krusty Plane (March 18, 2011)
- Sponged Together: Express Edition (May 30, 2011)
- Junkland (June 6, 2011)
- Squiddy Adventures (June 10, 2011)
- Telemarketers (June 15, 2011)
- Spin-Off Action: The Reboot (June 19, 2011)
- Sponge BLAH (June 21, 2011)
- I, Will Dye (June 26, 2011)
- Seeking Brooklyn (June 28, 2011)
- A Bikini Bottom History (July 9, 2011)
- Internet Stalker (July 16, 2011)
- Friendship Lost in Time (July 21, 2011)
- Post Fiction (July 23, 2011)
- The Tree Club Maniacs (July 30, 2011)
- sbc mafia (August 4, 2011)
- SBC Therapy (August 12, 2011)
- Constituting the Edges (August 22, 2011)
- Caption (Take a Picture) (September 24, 2011)
- Bloody Mary (October 24, 2011)
- Paranormal Activity 4 Fanfic (October 25, 2011)
- Strangers (November 4, 2011)
- Strangers (December 3, 2011)
- Strangers Season 1 (January 17, 2012)
- The Trident Supremacy (June 15, 2012)
- Superheroes (June 23, 2012)
- Toxic (June 25, 2012)
- Korporate Krabs (June 28, 2012)
- tvguy's Fake Season (July 7, 2012)
- Abyss (July 18, 2012)
- Bleepless in Seattle (August 19, 2012)
- Art of Monsters (October 7, 2012)
- Down Under: Lotus (November 23, 2012)
- SpongeCraft (November 24, 2012)
- SpongeBob Fake Season #1 (December 18, 2012)
- Promiscuous (February 26, 2013)
- Survive Kelp Forest (February 28, 2013)
- 4017 (March 5, 2013)
- tvguy's fake Series Finale (April 14, 2013)
- tvguy's fake Season 4 (April 17, 2013)
- Supreme Strawberry (April 24, 2013)
- Into Delusion (June 1, 2013)
- The Aquatic Avenger (June 25, 2013)
- Motherfuckers (June 27, 2013)
- Hot & Sexy (July 21, 2013)
- Life With Nuggets (July 25, 2013)
- SpongeBob Does Gravity Falls (July 29, 2013)
- Desire (The CHVRCH) (October 21, 2013)
- Weed Sponge (November 2, 2013)
- Hot & Sexy: Random Dildo Memories (November 11, 2013)
- Money Money Money (November 21, 2013)
- The Inside Job! Starring... (November 26, 2013)
- SBC Horror Story: Pirates (January 11, 2014)
- SpongeBob Spin-Off (August 4, 2014)
- The Room's Words (July 5, 2015)
- The Illusion (December 19, 2015)
- Squid (July 12, 2016)
- Ep (August 16, 2017)
- Down Under '18