Krusty Krew won March Madness!
Pictionary Season 2 coming in April!

Sign in to follow this  
Sweat

The SpongeBob Theorist Episode 1: The Concepts of SpongeBob

I just realized that almost every single SB episode comes together with one specific concept. The concept could be based off a place or a simple concept.

One of the most common concepts in SpongeBob is the Krusty Krab. The first notable example is actually the first episode of SpongeBob episode ever: Help Wanted. This is the episode is the one that started the Krusty Krab. The most notable example of the concept of the KK is obviously the Krusty Krab Training Video as the whole episode is only things ABOUT the Krusty Krab. Of course, the Krusty Krab isn't the only plot concept in SpongeBob.

Another well-known concept in SpongeBob came in the second episode of the series: Reef Blower. While there is no exact name for this concept, I will call it the Neighborhood Antics. This means any plot that takes place in the 3 main houses of the series. Usually, the end of the joke in most plots including the concept is Squidward. This is used many times because Squidward's character is the perfect representation of vulnerability. This is why in almost every plot with this concept, Squidward is well abused.

In only a few episodes later, the most well-known concept that revolves between SpongeBob and Patrick occurs, and the episode title says it all: Jellyfishing. While plots with this concept can include Squidward, there are 2 specific characters that fit into the puzzle almost perfectly: SpongeBob and Patrick. Their obvious friendship must go together in a specific activity for the show to work, and that has got to be either bubble blowing or jellyfishing. (Bubble blowing will not be talked about in this episode as it's the same as Jellyfishing.)

If anything, those are the very main three concepts. There are another 3 more obscure and specific concepts that don't exactly fit into the above three. I call these the 3 secondary concepts. One is Boating School, where quite a few episode plots occur in. Another one is the Treedome which could mean quite a few things. This is anything that has to do with Sandy including Karate, science, and cowboys. This last secondary concept is Goo Lagoon, which could not exactly be talked about since it practically fits in every single other concept. It is possibly the most diverse concept out of the six because any plot can be converted into this concept in a snap.

What do you want me to talk about next?

• Like 3